Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    king meep

Default legallization of marajuana

opinions? i discussed this for about an hour today in morality. i do not smoke and i don't intend to start, but i think it should be legallized.

i'll back up my reasons later as i am typing a paper now, but if you're going to just say yeah man i want it to be legal cause i like to smoke, then save it.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

SPF 70

And I thought you and PAB had nothing in common..
    -David Behar

yee haw

i think it is certainly less harmful than alcohol
    what is this i dont even

Skimboarder

yes it should be legal. If it was legal there wouldn't be as many dealers resulting in less money going into the hands of gangs.

yee haw

make it illegal to grow unless its on a govrnment ok'd land. illegal to sell unless youre a registered vendor. something along those lines would keep it "clean"

i.e. no money for gangs
    what is this i dont even

SOMB Veteran

Legal? I dont really care. But Decriminalized would be nice.

Skimboarder

i actually read an esay on the topic today. Here are my reason why it should be legalized....

1) It is far safer than alcohol
    2)the government can tax the sale of pot giving relief to the common tax payer
    3)hemp legalization would be such a economical solution to many problems like the climate crisis
    4)It is far better for you than tobacco
    5)It dosnt have any major addictivness, (just as addictive as caffine)
    6)It serves many medical purposes, such as chronic pain relief (my grandfather used it), and also it can slow the process of alzheimers
    7)legilization would stop the imprisonment of thoousands of people for commiting a very harmless crime
    8)releasing those criminals would save millions in tax money that tax payers must pay to keep them in prison

i will think of more later probably
    "The worst is when they won't stop crying. I mean c'mon, I'm trying to cum here!" - Zach Braff on pet peaves

Pelusowhore

It is already legalized in Denver, in certain quantities of course though. you can't just go walkin around with 5 kilos of it in your hand.

HandsomeJonneh

Quote Originally Posted by sloskimmer
    yes it should be legal. If it was legal there wouldn't be as many dealers resulting in less money going into the hands of gangs.
    Wakeup, there's more drugs out there than marijuna; should we legalize those too?

Skimboarder

We all know it is proven safer than both alcohal and tabacoo. As stated it would help with eraseing a ton of crime as well. It has not been directely linked to causing cancer as well so that's a pluse. It all comes down to responsibility like ever substance. There are the health pluses over tabacoo but the effects it has disables some people reaction times so getting in a car or something else high should obviously be illegal. It has more pros than cons in my eyes so I would say legalize it.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by jonny
    Wakeup, there's more drugs out there than marijuna; should we legalize those too?
    to put it simply, no
    "The worst is when they won't stop crying. I mean c'mon, I'm trying to cum here!" - Zach Braff on pet peaves

king meep

the aryan brotherhood was formed based on marajuana imports and violence pertaining to said imports. that is their main drug. as you may well know, the AB is the most dangerous white supremesist gang in america today, in and out of prison. take away the illegality of marajuana and make it easy for everyone to obtain and you take away their hub.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

SOMB Veteran

Yum... ak.

come on forum douchebag back me up...

Skimboarder

no, pot is drug that could be legal and doesn't have many side effects. It's completly different than coke or meth. I am saying it would cut down money getting into the wrong hands.

Skimboarder

oh god you dont want me to get in to this.

here it goes >

America's first marijuana law was enacted at Jamestown Colony, Virginia in 1619. It was a law "ordering" all farmers to grow Indian hempseed. There were several other "must grow" laws over the next 200 years (you could be jailed for not growing hemp during times of shortage in Virginia between 1763 and 1767), and during most of that time, hemp was legal tender (you could even pay your taxes with hemp -- lol...try that today!) Hemp was such a critical crop for a number of purposes (including essential war requirements - rope, etc.) that the government went out of its way to encourage growth.
    The United States Census of 1850 counted 8,327 hemp "plantations" (minimum 2,000-acre farm) growing cannabis hemp for cloth, canvas and even the cordage used for baling cotton.

eventually the US started to see differnt opinions on the drug. mainly because
    of skimboarding hippees . where marajuana went, rebelion came.so The US
    started to prouduce propaganda films to stop people from using the drug. Ex.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53053667&hl=en

lol go to 13:10
    Last edited by ColoradoSkim; 02-27-2007 at 07:52 PM.

yee haw

marihuana is without a doubt the mos profitable and widely used drug. besides coke. but the only people who use that are in gangs anyway
    what is this i dont even

Skimboarder

ill finish this later

king meep

i'll get into this later.

Skimboarder

the only problem is that a state law does not overrule a national law.
    so it is pointless that we passed the law. trust me i was happy at first

Quote Originally Posted by Khoi
    It is already legalized in Denver, in certain quantities of course though. you can't just go walkin around with 5 kilos of it in your hand.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by jake
    marihuana is without a doubt the mos profitable and widely used drug. besides coke. but the only people who use that are in gangs anyway
    are you being sarchastic?
    cause if you think the only people who use coke are in gangs you are just plain ignorant.

i think that american politicians will realize how much money they can make from the taxation. then well be paying 100 bucks an 1/8.

i kinda think, at least in CA, that itd be better to keep it illegal, and chance getting caught, than to pay that much.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by Duffskim
    3)hemp legalization would be such a economical solution to many problems like
    Hemp's illegal?

Skimboarder

Does it really slow the effects of alzheimers? Sources would be good...
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="Blue"]Life is good.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[url]www.google.com[/url]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Black"][B]inflatland.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Skimboarder

Why should we decriminalize or legalize marijuana?
    As President Jimmy Carter acknowledged: "Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana in private for personal use."

Marijuana prohibition needlessly destroys the lives and careers of literally hundreds of thousands of good, hard-working, productive citizens each year in this country. More than 700,000 Americans were arrested on marijuana charges last year, and more than 5 million Americans have been arrested for marijuana offenses in the past decade. Almost 90 percent of these arrests are for simple possession, not trafficking or sale. This is a misapplication of the criminal sanction that invites government into areas of our private lives that are inappropriate and wastes valuable law enforcement resources that should be focused on serious and violent crime.

^^Courtesy of NORML.org

To anyone who hasn't checked out NORMl before I highly suggest it. Read the FAQ especially. It answers most questions you would have about legalization, benefits, and covers many of the false statements that have been spread about marijuana.

http://www.norml.org

Skimboarder

Mustached Gent

Are you suggesting $35,000,000,000 a year is insignificant (and that's just from domestically-grown, not including imported marijuana)? I think he has a point, the size of that market and the fact that it is an illicit, black market certainly does contribute to violent crime.

Did you know pot is the largest cash crop in the U.S., despite its prohibition? I personally don't smoke, but I don't think outlawing it has really been that productive.

SOMB Veteran

Its just a huge waste of man-power. A lot of jail cells being filled and hours wasted in courts for petty (pot) crimes. I, however, dont feel like people should be able to be walkin around on acid, crack, or meth. In their house is fine.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by Fish
    Thanks i'll check them out. Funny, I met a guy last summer who was from Amsterdam (i think) and he said that it's funny to see all the Americans wanting to do it when it is legal over there and it isn't near of a craze as it is here.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Black"][B]inflatland.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by dan.nj
    Its just a huge waste of man-power. A lot of jail cells being filled and hours wasted in courts for petty (pot) crimes. I, however, dont feel like people should be able to be walkin around on acid, crack, or meth. In their house is fine.
    Kinky Freidman, A controversial governor canidate for the latest polls for Texas (he lost btw) wanted to decriminalize it and possibly legalize it so the jail cells could be filled with people who actually did real crimes.

Skimboarder

Freidman is in the wrong state.

Have you read any of his books?
    very entertaining

Skimboarder

so when one of you hippie pot smoking fags hit my truck im going to scream in pain that my neck hurts and sue you for everything you have.

frack weed i lived with 2 fags who smoked all day and i never wanna see it or smell it again your all a bunch of homo's if u smoke. and ill say that to your face and im not joking.
    GingerBred

Skimboarder

do you drink alcohol?

SOMB Veteran

Yeah legal or not fact remains that smoking weed has a direct correlation to lameness, that's why I quit.
    (・ω・`)

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    do you drink alcohol?
    I never drank alcohol and then spent the rest of my day on a couch playing videogames.
    (・ω・`)

Skimboarder

well whos fault is that?
    some people can smoke pot and still be sociable
    sounds like a personal problem to me

Thread Information