Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.

Thread: Zap comp carbon

Skimboarder

Default Zap comp carbon

Does anyone here have the zap comp carbon. I'm either gonna get that or the boomhower pro model. I hear the boomhower is better but I can get the zap comp carbon for so much cheaper. Can anyone tell me a little more about the comp carbon.

Banned

the carbon comp isnt shape to his personal specs his board is more toward what he likes and high performance, so you could hit Florida liners to charging the wedge with the boomhower but with the carbon comp you could do the the same but its just more of a standard carbon nothing special about it really just a board designed to charge big waves and also be able to hold a line. im not sure of this but you maybe able to customize it to some of your own specs, i know exile skimboards and velocity skimboards will let you do this. but back to those two boards i would go with a carbon comp cause it a standard shape and it can do the same as a boomhower on a wave also you may not like boomhowers specs thats my opinion and what i know about the two boards, good luck.

Skimboarder

Thanks the carbon comp is still a really good board right?

Banned

oh yea no doubt about man, its can do everything the boomhower pro model can do there just different shape and different specs, dont get me wrong the comp is great and so is the boomhower its just that you may wanna go with the comp because its a standard board shape and the boomhower is boomhowers specs so you may not like but if you have ridden a boomhower and you like go with that.

Skimboarder

The boomhower's rails are morw boxy, so they dont grab as easily in rough conditions. its nose is also wider. i like it over the comp because it has more float.

----------------------------
    Owner, Shaper at Rubber Chicken Skimboards.
    My Boards:
    my own hand-shaped design.
    exile hybrid and pro double carbon.
    zap eglass comp
    zap boomhower pro
    victoria poly sglass
    syndrome carbon
    grape pro shape carbon

Skimboarder

I think you should just ride them both, and see what you like. Also, ignore the weight limits, and try different sized boards. Im 160, and ride a boomhower ml, and com m size

Skimboarder

It all comes down to personal preference but my boom is my favorite board I've ever owned.
    ><> ><>

Skimboarder

does anyone know what the rocker is on the comp carbon like 1 inch 2 inch etc. and is this board hard to ride kind of like the pro shape from exile or is it more like the hybrid shape

Thread Information