Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.

Thread: If i did it

Skimboarder

Default If i did it

So OJ is writing a book called If i did it. Anyone else find this kinda ironic?
    [URL="http://www.straightvb.com"]http://www.straightvb.com[/URL]

Skimboarder

haha yeah max. he's also doing some interview with fox, in order to promote the book.
    Great Lake Skim.com

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

i wish tom was green for me

OJs 90's news, wtf is he doing? haha
    mmm tom green

King of the Manlets

OJ's son comes up to him and asks, "Can we go to disney land?" OJ says, "I don't care. Go axe your momma."

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Quote Originally Posted by slottyskimmerIZ
    OJs 90's news, wtf is he doing? haha
    exactly, this is a futile attempt at a return to the spotlight

They're funny, kind of like Axle Rose still trying to be "hip"
    mmm tom green

aka doug aka hard gay

He actually describes how he would've killed his wife.

What kind of sick individual do you have to be to think about how you WOULD have killed your dead wife?

He should have been put to death long ago.

Industry Dude

3.5 Million dollars is helping him write this book.

Skim Invasion General

Why does he need to write a book on how he would have done it. He should write a book titled, " Double Jeapordy's a bitch ain't it? "
    Frank Hastings
    You know the web site.

Industry Dude

He could still be sued in civil court if he admitted though.

Skim Invasion General

He already lost in civil court.
    Frank Hastings
    You know the web site.

Quote Originally Posted by narwhal
    3.5 Million dollars is helping him write this book.
    Why the frack do you need 3.5 mill to write a book, I'm pretty sure I could go get some leaf paper & a 50 pack of BIC pens for under 5 bucks at wal-mart...
    mmm tom green

Industry Dude

He could be sued again. (get the money from the book)

yea, but who the frack said "here OJ, have 3.5 mil, your book sounds like a FANTASTIC idea!"
    mmm tom green

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by ZapBulletRider
    whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Industry Dude

It would sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandboy
    hahhaha
    mmm tom green

Skimboarder

What kind of sick individual do you have to be to think about how you WOULD have killed your dead wife?
    he just realized how he could have done it (killed them) to not get caught. hes so psyched on himself for being so smart and figuring it out, 8 years later, hes going to write a book about how smart he is. i hope he gets fracked for this.

Skim Junkie

raped by a book, haha........
    Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass

Skimboarder

paper cuts are lethal.
    but seriously like ZBR said he just wants attention or to be in the spot light.

Skimboarder

He will make boatloads from it. I'm pretty sure that everything he writes will be read by about 200 different lawyers so I doubt he will get in any sort of trouble

king meep

Quote Originally Posted by skimmer-x
    Why does he need to write a book on how he would have done it. He should write a book titled, " Double Jeapordy's a bitch ain't it? "

hahaha.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

Skimboarder

Double Jeapordy's a bitch ain't it
    He is not protected by double jeapordy. DJ doesn't mean you can't be tried of the same crime twice, it means you can't be convicted of the same crime twice. It mostly protects you in instances where you break a state law and a national law in the same crime. If new evidence was introduced, then OJ could be tried again. For examle if the book was called How I killed My Wife, then they could use that as a confession and take his ass back to court.
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top." -Hunter S. Thompson
    Chris Coletta

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Vaughan
    He will make boatloads from it. I'm pretty sure that everything he writes will be read by about 200 different lawyers so I doubt he will get in any sort of trouble
    Those boatloads will go to the victims families because he still owes them like $30,000,000+ or something from the civil suit he lost...
    Rob Bennett: J-Gordon Team Rider

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSkimmer.
    He is not protected by double jeapordy. DJ doesn't mean you can't be tried of the same crime twice, it means you can't be convicted of the same crime twice. It mostly protects you in instances where you break a state law and a national law in the same crime. If new evidence was introduced, then OJ could be tried again. For examle if the book was called How I killed My Wife, then they could use that as a confession and take his ass back to court.
    even if he titled it, "how I killed my wife and got away with it." that wouldnt hold up in court, because all he would have to say is its a fictional account on if he did it. I mean think about rap music. How many times do you hear rappers talking about smoking dope and how they sold drugs etc? you cant go back and try them, well you can, but you would lose. Its dumb I know, but the law nonetheless.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by RavesIsBack
    Its dumb I know, but the law nonetheless.
    Not dumb at all. In fact, I'm grateful that we live in a country where suspicion alone does not constitute a crime and where man (for the most part) respects the word of the law.

Skimboarder

had to dig this thread up to spread the good news, turns out the book has been cancelled, as well as the fox news interview they had with OJ that would basically be him paraphrasing the book

Skimboarder

The tragic thing about the entire OJ mess is that it really exposed a pretty well-seated racial divide in America. It garnered so much media attention that the black community immediately rallied around one of their biggest sports stars from the 70s, and the white community immediately condemned him to guilt before the trial.

Eventually, I became fairly certain that he was guilty. However there were odd coincidences--like his son leaving the country during the trial, and the DNA evidence almost matching--that makes me think his son could have been the perpetrator. The fact is that OJ is an unimaginative, heartless scumbag for trying to capitalize on his wife's murder.

Nevertheless, at the end of the day 99% of white people believe he is guilty and 99% of black people think he is innocent. I never realized it was such a great divide until I was at work discussing the book around a bunch of black coworkers, and they thought it was a good idea because he was innocent.

I could not hide my disgust.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

yeah that is truly sad.. but I know quite a few black people (not talking about kids, I'm talking about late 30s women w/ families) who don't think he's innocent

king meep

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSkimmer.
    no, double jeapordy prevents a person from being tried of the same crime twice if previously proven innocent. if this happens, the defendant can plead autrefois acquit, which means he's already been acquitted of the crime he is being tried for. therefore, OJ is protected by double jeapordy.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

Skimboarder

He's just out to get more money. It just shows he wants to be back in the spotlight again.

Industry Dude

Quote Originally Posted by samcollett
    no, double jeapordy prevents a person from being tried of the same crime twice if previously proven innocent. if this happens, the defendant can plead autrefois acquit, which means he's already been acquitted of the crime he is being tried for. therefore, OJ is protected by double jeapordy.
    See the problem is theres a loop hole, he could be tried in a federal court.

And newsflash Fox pulled the plug on his book and interview.

Thread Information