Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
    Skimboarder

Default Melaque Mexico Skim Contest

Melaque Mexico skim contest has been announced for March 9 (check in and party), 10 & 11. Official announcement is at http://victoriaskimboards.com/blog/news/?p=669

Anyone planning on going? I'll be there taking pictures and skimming for fun myself.

Butch's Girlfriend, Woof!

Ill be trying to convince my wife we should go down.
    Exile

Pro Skimboarder

I just got my tickets the other day looking on heading out there. How safe is it traveling from Guadalajara to Melaque? Pretty chill?
    Victoria Skimboards - Team Rider
    Skim City - Team Rider
    Freak Traction - Team Rider
    TheSavvyDuck.com - Check it!

Skimboarder

You'll probably be taking HWY 80 from Guadalajara to Melaque for a more direct route. I haven't traveled on that road myself but from what I read it's a pretty easy trip. I usually take HWY 54 out of Guadalajara to come to Manzanillo. Then HWY 200 runs along the coast and from here to Melaque it's a really nice easy run. If you're driving try to drive during day light if you can. If you're taking the bus get a first class if you can and you'll be set. Traveling is pretty safe if you keep your wits about you. Just don't do anything here that you wouldn't do at home and everything's okay.

This show's the 2 routes http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=gu...mra=ls&t=h&z=9 Autlan de Navarro is HWY 80 and Cerretera Federal is HWY 54. They show about the same travel time.

I'm planning to head to Melaque about 1pm on Friday with a friend and possibly anyone else from here that I can cram into my truck.

Thread Information