Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.

Thread: puntgame.com

SOMB Veteran

Default puntgame.com

Just found a charge from this site on my card... I've never signed up or received any information from them, to include e-mails.

I called their "support" and the bitch (and yes I mean bitch) "agent" told me I had signed up for the free 5 day offer and didn't cancel. When I told her I had never done this, and had never even heard of this site, she said "well sir if you listened to me you would know you DID sign up."

She refused to let me speak with a manager, and in fact she hung up on me after assuring me I would be refunded and my account cancelled. They had my e-mail on file, so why have I never received an e-mail from this place? I don't trust these assholes for a second.

Upon further research, I can't find a single review of this bullshit site anywhere on the internet. All I can see is that the site failed the W3C website evaluation pretty bad. I'm obviously calling my bank to alert them about sketchy charges. Has anyone ever heard of this place?

And who pays $40 a month to play crappy flash games? This can't be for real.

Skimboarder

call your credit card company

Skimboarder

I'm obviously calling my bank to alert them about sketchy charges. Has anyone ever heard of this place?
    "The illegality of cannabis is outrageous; an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world." - Carl Sagan

somb sucks

something similar happened to my mom, she had bought something from one of those online shopping sites (i think it was buy.com) and a scam site had gotten her credit card information. they would take off small amounts of money ($1-5) at random times hoping itd go unnoticed since it was so small.
    watch the moving bodies as they react to the sound

Skimboarder

One possibility is that you ordered something else, and were also given a "bonus" free trial to puntgame.com. Maybe it was an auto-confirmation by default, and you had to actively decline it. IDK. fracking parasites that should be thrown in jail either way.
    There's a good chance you've handled my ass-pennies. That gives me the edge.

SOMB Veteran

That's what I'm thinking happened. I didn't uncheck some obscure box that never should have been checked in the first place. I want to DDoS this site or something

Skimboarder

i'd cancel the card immediatley if it was 40 dollars...
    Made you look

wanna cyber?

somb raid?

SOMB Veteran

down

The Asian

how many people checked their statements after they saw this thread?

Tourist

Default the same happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by WSMassiv View Post
    Just found a charge from this site on my card... I've never signed up or received any information from them, to include e-mails.

I called their "support" and the bitch (and yes I mean bitch) "agent" told me I had signed up for the free 5 day offer and didn't cancel. When I told her I had never done this, and had never even heard of this site, she said "well sir if you listened to me you would know you DID sign up."

She refused to let me speak with a manager, and in fact she hung up on me after assuring me I would be refunded and my account cancelled. They had my e-mail on file, so why have I never received an e-mail from this place? I don't trust these assholes for a second.

Upon further research, I can't find a single review of this bullshit site anywhere on the internet. All I can see is that the site failed the W3C website evaluation pretty bad. I'm obviously calling my bank to alert them about sketchy charges. Has anyone ever heard of this place?

the same happened to me except iwin game was to refund me money but when i called my card instead of iwin refunding my $9.99 puntgames charged my card $40. I never heard or registered with them, I did find the site called the number was told i would recieve a check in the mail only it never came. I tried to go back to the site and its gone. they packed up their con game and probably changed name and are doing the same con game to others. i dont know if iwin is involved in their sham but if anyone can tell me how to find them that would be really great. is there anything i can do to find this site or where i might go for help

SOMB Veteran

well they refunded me... so crisis averted... for now

Tourist

Hi, I've just found the same thing - they've done it 3 months running. Unfortunately my wife had bought board game from amazon at the same time so i assumed it was that. I do not remember giving my details or signing up, and I am very cautious with that sort of thing.

Did you work out how they got your details, and how did you get your money back? 100% they have deceptively acquired my card details and I'm not sure how

SPF 70

it's dolphin cup all over again!
    -David Behar

Talking dirty to food

hahahai bet it came up when he googled "internet scam"
    I'm so adjective, I verb nouns!

Tourist

Default SCAM puntgames SCAM

Son of a B got me too. It is wrong how they state your credit card will not be charged and then change the information in the email sent to say unless you cancel in 5 days you'll get a charge. well, I never agreed to a charge. I noticed they are using a Delaware address. Anyone contacted the BBB to make a complaint?

I feel deceived by your business practice of BOLDLY stating your (my) credit card will not be charged and only used for age verification. I then discovered your agency charged me thirty-nine dollars for not canceling my subscription. It is equally displeasing that you print the information at the very bottom of an email that seems to verify a trial membership that will expire after five days if... you no longer desire it. BUT,...at the top of your most commonly asked questions it's listed first, the most commonly asked question...wonder why? That's not good business.

Kenneth Boise

somb sucks

hahaha no way

hahaha somb is number 5 hit on the google search for "puntgame.com scam"
    watch the moving bodies as they react to the sound

Tourist

Exclamation Update on information

I came across this discussion on google while looking for puntgames complaints.
    My step son has been charged 4 times in the last 2 months by puntgames . He does not use his card online as he worries about security. The only place he has regsitered his card is with paypal and yet this company seems to have gotten hold of his details and charged him 4 times. When trying to contact puntgames i was put through to an american company. I tried to cancel over the phone and after about 8 minutes of listening to waffle, i got to enter the details of the account through an automated service. I then had to wait for a further 2 mins while it searched for his details. Only after this was i given the option to cancel the account. After waiting for a further 4 minutes, i got the message 'unable to cancel'
    I had to contact the bank and get them to re-issue a new card and block puntgames from taking any more money.
    After this i decided to find out who owned this company and who was profiting from running this scam.
    i found the companies records and the address for which it is registered.

Company Secretary - Lisa Murphy
    6 the coppens, stotfold, hitchin, hertfordshire, sg5 4pj, England
    D.O.B - 1st Feb 1989
    Company Director - Philip Keezer - USA

as i cannot find any contact details for her or him, i found her mother, with who she lives and the company her mother runs from the same address.
    If any of you would like to contact Lisa Murphy, you can do via Andrea Murphy (the mother) at http://www.powercleanpro.org.uk/inde...e=Contact%20Us

I have contacted her with the following message:

I am trying to contact a Lisa Murphy of 6 The Coppens, Stotfold.
    She is registered as company secretary to JTUNES MEDIA LTD. Along with Philip Keezer.
    The websites that they are regularly charging people 25 a month for use of a flash games website. My step son has never used his bank details online - only ever as a cash card. He has been billed numerous times. When checking the websites that are registered to this company, each website is down and yet the payments continue.
    I apologise in advance for contacting you this way but as i presume that Andrea Murphy is her mother, this is my only port of call.
    Please can you forward my email address to Lisa, so that we can hopefully resolve this matter.
    Thankyou

Please feel free to contact them and vent or resolve your issues.

SOMB Veteran

holy crap man, serious internet success here.

>>find internet scam, become top result on google
    >>random googler finds mother of scammer
    >>????
    >>profit

for what it's worth, for any other googlers who come across this thread, after my conversation with the "customer service" rep, my amount was refunded and I have not since been charged.

Skimboarder

SOMBA

King of the Manlets

Thread Information