Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
    Skimboarder

Default Any car junkies here? Opinion on brand name gas and generic gas needed.

For the past several years, I've been pumping at Chevron just because my dad says its the gas to go with.

I never really questioned it, but I'm starting to see the lower priced brands (mainly, Arco) being very tempting to help save a few bucks here and there.

Thoughts?
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Skimboarder

im no car junkie but i believe its best to stay consistent and not pump all different types of gas into your car, once again im not an expert on cars at all so im not really sure, i just always buy the cheapest one

Skimboarder

Just be careful that the cheaper stations dint out water or fuller in their tanks. Other ten that you should be fine. As long as the gas is burned off in a reasonable time then it isn't a big deal. Cheaper gas goes bad faster because of the higher ethanol percentage.

yee haw

the octanes are all the same, but I am always cautious of the (generic save-on gas station) because they might not move as much gas as other stations.

also, never fill up with a gas truck is there. They pump gas in and circulate all the shit in the bottom of the tank.
    what is this i dont even

Skimboarder

It depends on your car really. I can tell differences between gas so I usually always get something I trust like Hess or Sheetz or sonoco. This may not alwYs be true but if those 3 places aren't available I go with a gas station that looks nice. It's usually a sign they have dec gas but not always

Skimboarder

I've always heard that Chevron and Shell are the better gas types while kangaroo is pretty shitty. Not sure how true this is though
    University of Florida '12

Thread Information