Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
    Skimboarder

Default Soccer and College Question

Does anyone play soccer for their College (or high schooler who has been recruited to a college) in the southeast? Also, does anyone here go to Flagler, FAU, UNF, or Palm Beach Atlantic? I'm trying to transfer into a smaller school, instead of UCF. I know there was something about this on the old mb, but any help i could get would be great.

Skimboarder

Flagler and UNF have good soccer teams. Plus they are close to descent skim.
    "...Until you man up, you shut the frack up..."

Skimboarder

none of them are as good as ucf, so i can play at whatever smaller school i want, but I need to find the best school with my major, business/real estate. And of course i'm taking skim into consideration lol. I really wanted to check out Flagler or UNF because i went to vilano/st. augustine once and the area is pretty laid back, and i think vilano/ponte verde(?) will be very good for real estate in the future.

Skimboarder

im in HS play soccer, have gotten recruiting deals, why whats the question?

whats ure major?
    hi

Skimboarder

I know UNF is a really good business college. My gf went there and she felt like she got a good education. Don't know about Flagler.
    Ponte vedra and jacksonville is very good for real estate right now. rices are way under the national average, and there are lots of new developments coming up. especially in Ponte vedra, but that is wayyy out of my price range.
    "...Until you man up, you shut the frack up..."

Skimboarder

flagglers a rEALLY nice campus, i love how it looks

and private colleges are under different standards for players, and how they do their sports, so u should check with them (their coach) before you think this out
    my sis goes to UNF tho, loves it and loves jacksonville
    hi

Skimboarder

No real questions on recruiting (unless you play for those schools), i was just trying to see if anyone has played against those schools to see what level they play at. Who do you play soccer for? Who is recruiting you?

King of the Manlets

i wasnt really trying to get a soccer scholarship cuz i would rather go to uf than play for a weaker school. i was recruited by a few smaller schools in georgia but my friend plays for southeastern and likes it a lot (its in lakeland). at unf, basically the whole team is europeans or south americans and no one really likes them that ive talked to. theyve got a nice complex for sure. the skim in jax isnt very good but there is good skim near there. ucf has a good team....i went to the camp once when in 9th grade i think.

id say go flagler but southeastern won the division II championship a few years back and has a good school.

Skimboarder

yeah i was playing for them, but the new coach is terrible. They went from being 8th in NCAA to not even making it to the tourni this year. UCF is the best in florida, but i really don't like the orlando area. I was hoping to find someone who attends flagler or unf to give me a really personal opinion on the school, instead of reading their gay websites about how perfect each school is.

Tourist

weird, im transfering to Flagler from UCF. I went for a visit and the school is pretty sweet. from what i hear from the students who have attended, they mostly all liked it......plus vilano is right there. So, not much help.

Skimboarder

Good for you, seriously. Idk why i didn't like ucf, but i just can't stand the area, and when you are bored, its either go spend a shitload of money somewhere or skate the imaginary hills in orlando. Also, i cannot stand alafaya/colonial because all the drivers are retarded. Oh well, live and learn i guess

Skimboarder

im looking to get scouted this summer.. not sure how to contact colleges and start sending tapes and shit. if any of you guys feel like giving me a breif summary of what you did that would be awsome.

Skimboarder

seriously, getting scouted for soccer is really easy. Just send the coach an email about how you like their school, your body dimensions, position you played, and how you see yourself fitting in for their style of play. DO NOT SEND A BIO, untill they ask for one. It is a really good idea to make a soccer resume, but also include some other sports you do (i was a kicker and went to regionals in track so the coaches liked that gay shit). Also, it really helps to have good grades and if you get bright futures that will let them give you less money, which is great for them. I'm really not sure how good you are, but if you know you aren't gonna fit in on a UNC/Duke squad, don't send them emails. The better you are on an ok team, the more they will pay for your tuition, plus when you play better teams, you will stand out and possibly get scouted by the better coaches on the spot. Its all pollitics with college coaches, so play to your advantage.
    I know all this sounds really different than what your high school coach or club coach tells you, but take it from someone who saw how this fracked up system works, first hand. Also, GO TO ANY SOCCER CAMP YOU CAN. I didn't know anything about UCF soccer, but i randomly went to their camp and got mvp, so they scouted me. I didn't send them anything, untill they contacted me. Try to go to camps as much as you can. I know they are kind of expensive, but after you get asked to represent a college in soccer, money doesn't even matter.

Skimboarder

I would've just pmed you, but idk who else this might help

yee haw

i bet this guy plays soccer:

what is this i dont even

Skimboarder

what kind of fag would play soccer?
    Last edited by p.pointe; 05-30-2006 at 09:53 PM.

King of the Manlets

i had a kid on my hs team that was really good so when colleges came to see him, they also checked on the rest of the team and i just happened to be on a streak when they came. andrew and covenant in georgia had a lot to offer but i wanted to stay in florida.

p. pointe, unf has hill skate parks set up for the university kids (i cant skate for beans but my friends that go there love it) there is a lot of surfing going on and everyone gets around on a longboard. sounds like a good place for you

Skimboarder

has anyone gone to the flagler camp or any other in florida, lookin at going in july just wanted to know how the overnight was. What's the level of play like?
    Last edited by Tear Down Your Idols; 06-06-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Thread Information