Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,575 of 1647
  1. #1541
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sandy eggo
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    9am sesh tomorrow... swell looks a tad bigger and tide will be peaking at noon... nom nom nom
    whos with me?

  2. #1542
    Senior Members
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    wall was cold and windy. marine isnt ready. and windansea looked like it could pull on the south side.

  3. #1543
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    posted pics from this morning on skim san diego
    Justin Frymann
    Skimsandiego.com - Owner

  4. #1544
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    nice justin, I'll be out tomrrow morning around 10 or 11 wind should die down until mid day.

  5. #1545
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    some pics from today. conditions weren't great




  6. #1546
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    anyone selling a ms board?

  7. #1547
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,188
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jussanotherone View Post
    anyone selling a ms board?
    PM'd you.

  8. #1548
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    venture up to north county friends

  9. #1549
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Wall was super duper uber fun this afternoon
    You said it, man. Nobody fracks with the jesus

  10. #1550
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    conditions any good??

  11. #1551
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ramona, CA
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    11

  12. #1552
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SD/LA
    Posts
    8,222
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Holy crap. I thought it was a myth...
    Where all the white women at?

  13. #1553
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ramona, CA
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    11

  14. #1554
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mt. Olympus
    Posts
    9,621
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    that first pic you have got to be shitting me

  15. #1555
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the San Diego skimboard scene. I used to skim a lot when I lived in Orange County but I go to school down here now and just recently decided to dust off my skimboard and start going again. I haven't been in probably a year and a half or more. Anyways, I went to Marine st a few days ago and got hooked on skimming again. What are some other locations that have a decent shore break, I'm not entirely familiar with all the beaches around here. I saw that this site has 3 locations that I can check out (one being marine st), are there any others that aren't posted on here?

  16. #1556
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Whats up guys. I'm going to be going to USD next year, so it looks like I will be skimming with some of you guys for the next four years starting this fall. im really excited. I've been skimming for just over a year, mainly in Santa Cruz. I'd like to think that I'm decent. Just wanted to introduce myself. Also, I may be getting a new board this summer, if I do, what would you recommend for the conditions down south? I was thinking something like a 3/4th carbon hybrid. Or could I get away with 5/8ths? Thanks!

  17. #1557
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the San Diego skimboard scene. I used to skim a lot when I lived in Orange County but I go to school down here now and just recently decided to dust off my skimboard and start going again. I haven't been in probably a year and a half or more. Anyways, I went to Marine st a few days ago and got hooked on skimming again. What are some other locations that have a decent shore break, I'm not entirely familiar with all the beaches around here. I saw that this site has 3 locations that I can check out (one being marine st), are there any others that aren't posted on here?
    wind and sea has decent skimming during the summer/fall it all depends on the sand and swell though. tamarack is in north county and has very fun shorebreak on a rising tide. Ideal conditions for me are a 2-4ft south swell at tamarack with a rising tide, I like anything above 3ft to peak. Wall works on those big nw/wnw swells we get over winter and i would say the ideal board for wall would be a 3/4 to 5/8ths tapered since it can get pretty heavy but any boards will work. Just watch out for the dangerous trough wave that will beat you. Marine st is a fun spot also right now it's in the process of gearing up for summer so the sand it building up and soon it will be a go to spot everyday for me Best bet this summer for you will be marine st tamarack or wind.

    Quote Originally Posted by SJskim View Post
    Whats up guys. I'm going to be going to USD next year, so it looks like I will be skimming with some of you guys for the next four years starting this fall. im really excited. I've been skimming for just over a year, mainly in Santa Cruz. I'd like to think that I'm decent. Just wanted to introduce myself. Also, I may be getting a new board this summer, if I do, what would you recommend for the conditions down south? I was thinking something like a 3/4th carbon hybrid. Or could I get away with 5/8ths? Thanks!
    You can get away with any of those a 3/4 will get you far out but more movement comes with the 5/8ths. It all depends how you can slip out to the waves right now. And most importantly what do you feel more comfortable bigger boards or smaller? I would go with a 3/4 tapered to 5/8ths for movement. See ya soon

  18. #1558
    Stout Bau5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,775
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    And even more importantly
    locals only



    Kidding. Look for me,
    <----
    Riding an all white exile
    W4a|e Hunter

  19. #1559
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SDSkim View Post
    And even more importantly
    locals only



    Kidding. Look for me,
    <----
    Riding an all white exile
    domke pro model? I ride a small LES with flamelike artwork.. It's an oldschool lands end

  20. #1560
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sandy eggo
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    anyone check it yesterday? may go out in the morning

  21. #1561
    Stout Bau5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,775
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Sources say it was shit
    W4a|e Hunter

  22. #1562
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    pic from the wall a few weeks ago

  23. #1563
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yea johnny rips.... went out today; marine needs slope and wind n sea is pulling north end on the lower tide

  24. #1564
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Went down to marine street today and it was pretty small, didn't end up going out. What do you guys use to check the waves before you go out. I've been using surfline and just looking at the forecast for horseshoe since its pretty close, any better suggestions?

    Oh and I didn't not go out just because it was small, still had nice shape. I was with a bodyboarding friend and it would have been really boring for him.

  25. #1565
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Went down to marine street today and it was pretty small, didn't end up going out. What do you guys use to check the waves before you go out. I've been using surfline and just looking at the forecast for horseshoe since its pretty close, any better suggestions?

    Oh and I didn't not go out just because it was small, still had nice shape. I was with a bodyboarding friend and it would have been really boring for him.
    http://surf.solspot.com/weather/nort.../pacific-beach << fairly close to LJS and I use the scripps report/hd cam sometimes too.

  26. #1566
    Tourist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey guys, what are the best times to hit up the beaches to skim? I know morning and noon sounds like the ideal time, but what about around 330pm to 4pm? Are the waves any good around that time

  27. #1567
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    wind dies down towards later afternoon so i would say 4pm would be a better bet than noon. see ya out ther

  28. #1568
    Tourist
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    awesome thx man

  29. #1569
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    tamarack super fun on the high tide today. slopped up ready to go for summer

  30. #1570
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    937
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    late or early high tide? late looked really fun on surfline
    CJ Photography - Freelance Photography
    PM me for Photoshoot Details

  31. #1571
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    evening sesh. even better today

  32. #1572
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sandy eggo
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    wall today had a few fun sets around 1pm..
    saw la frymann bros skurfing marine.. looked fun
    might check it tomorrow after work

    and whos this cool cat giving lessons??
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/spo/3058267765.html

  33. #1573
    Stout Bau5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,775
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    If any of you squares want to carpool to rack city today around 4-5, let me know because im headed up.
    W4a|e Hunter

  34. #1574
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sandy eggo
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    ooo... selling a bike via craigslist at 5.. wait for me cabron ill cruise up

  35. #1575
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North SD
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    wall was good at low tide going to rack now

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Logout