Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
    Skimboarder

Default The SOMB skim video

With not being able to make it to the beach a lot this summer I tried think of an idea of how to still make a skim video. So my idea is to have people on these forums contribute some clips and then I will create a video and put it back up here for people to see.

Anyone want to help?

Skimboarder

What makes people giving their clips to you better than editing them their selves? You have to show some of your work editing or any at all to at least be considered.

Skimboarder

The idea is that a lot of people contribute clips to make it a community video. If people don't want me to edit it then that is fine, I am ok with letting someone else do it. I just thought a community video would be a cool idea.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fk View Post
    What makes people giving their clips to you better than editing them their selves? You have to show some of your work editing or any at all to at least be considered.
    whoa fk, relax, i dont think he is trying to say he does the best work, i think hes trying to say that he is willing to put forth the time and effort that it takes to edit and build a video with a ton of clips that people would post, be like a SOMB highlight video....i think its a sweet idea...or better yet, everyone could post clips and people could edit them and make the videos how they think they should be done, then anyone who made a video would post it when they were finished and SOMB members could pick winner...i bet there would be some SICK videos cuz of how much talent there is on this board!

Skimboarder

shultzy, good idea, but your going about it wrong.

try to come up with a more favorable idea. Seems to be the truth that most things accomplished in skimming for others to enjoy ends up costing the creator his own money and time. So in other words make some sort of upload available for members to send youtheir clips or offer a mailing adress which you may get somethings.

and make it clear its by the people for the people.
    www.TOEKNEEABC123.com
    ~ NJoi ~

Skimboarder

I like that idea of people editing it and then voting on which is best.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by teedeezee View Post
    whoa fk, relax, i dont think he is trying to say he does the best work, i think hes trying to say that he is willing to put forth the time and effort that it takes to edit and build a video with a ton of clips that people would post, be like a SOMB highlight video....i think its a sweet idea...or better yet, everyone could post clips and people could edit them and make the videos how they think they should be done, then anyone who made a video would post it when they were finished and SOMB members could pick winner...i bet there would be some SICK videos cuz of how much talent there is on this board!
    I have all the relaxation I need. I just asked a question. If he has reference material, you need to post it. Skim footage that is worth making into a video that would represent our community, should be very high grade and well edited.

I like the idea, but it'll be a lot more work than you think, especially if you are collecting clips. That includes format converting which is always a hassle.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fk View Post
    I have all the relaxation I need. I just asked a question. If he has reference material, you need to post it. Skim footage that is worth making into a video that would represent our community, should be very high grade and well edited.

I like the idea, but it'll be a lot more work than you think, especially if you are collecting clips. That includes format converting which is always a hassle.
    i agree with you it will be a ton of work and i definitely wouldnt have the time for it, but i can only assume that by starting a thread like this that he has edited before and knows how much goes into it.....and if you are worried about the quality of the video, dont send him your clips, im sure he'll have others to work with...i dont think he is expecting to make the next bearded here and put it on shelves...i would assume its just for fun because he loves to edit skim clips....

ps-im not trying to start an argument or anything with you but pretty much all youve posted in this thread has been reasons why he shouldnt do it or reasons why it would be too hard and my opinion is if you wouldnt appreciate it then dont contribute....

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by Shultzy View Post
    I like that idea of people editing it and then voting on which is best.
    yeah dude i think that would be really cool...not likely to happen because that takes a lot of commitment from people, but if it could be made possible just think of how many great lil skim reels we'd have to watch!

Skimboarder

sounds like a sick idea
    Perry Pruitt
    Exile Skimboards- Team Rider
    Freak Traction- Team Rider

Skimboarder

do it....

make a gmail account for it. publish the account name and password on here. so each person can access the account and upload the clips there. fast and easy. plenty of room for all the clips you would need.

Banned

Michael you suck and any footage you would have contributed would have been sub par at best, please shut up.

Skimboarder

peluso's extra footy and footy of other riders = skimonline video
    "TRKY$UBB"

Thread Information