Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.

View Poll Results: I'm a..

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lover

26 66.67%
  • Fighter

6 15.38%
  • Pillow Biter

2 5.13%
  • whoop your ass Thrillhouse, for making this gay thread

5 12.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fight or Flight

Pro Youtuber

Default Fight or Flight

Simple question and poll. When confronted with a hostile situation are you more apt to fight or rationalize and play peacemaker? Feel free to cite stories of ass whoopins dished or received and/or stories of situations avoided.
    SOMB's Brett Favre

Laser Expert

If its just a random person that decides he wants to start shit i'll usually just try to neutralize the situation but if the guy insists on being a problem I have no problems throwing down.

If its a situation where there was already bad blood, shit is gonna hit the fan.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.

I'm with stupid

What happened to flight?
    no its not a joke haha i was just freaking out cause she gave me dome before and i bust all in this towel, whiped my dick off then fingered her with that hand and i was just like omg omg omg omg, then we did the nasty, i still think i'm straight.

Pro Youtuber

Lover not a Fighter (Flight) vs Fighter not a Lover (Fight)
    SOMB's Brett Favre

The Enforcer

flight
    Purple Snakes

Skim Junkie

when i comes to arguments, i try to avoid confrontation

but when it comes to actual fight/flight response, i have a tendency to punch whatever is attacking me. one of my friends found this out the hard way when he tried to scare me in the woods. i nearly knocked him out
    Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

I will never back down from a verbal confrontation but I'll always try to reason with the person, I've never had to get in a fistfight. If it's over something stupid and they want to go to blows, that's when I just shrug it off and tell them they're not worth it. If they want to call me a pussy, whatever. If it was over something serious I would get physical if necessary, but I've never had a situation like that and hopefully I never will.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Quote Originally Posted by RexSkimmer View Post
    when i comes to arguments, i try to avoid confrontation

but when it comes to actual fight/flight response, i have a tendency to punch whatever is attacking me. one of my friends found this out the hard way when he tried to scare me in the woods. i nearly knocked him out
    See in this situation I would jump back and put my hands up in defense... punching would be my last reaction to that situation I think

I'm with stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ZapBulletRider View Post
    I will never back down from a verbal confrontation but I'll always try to reason with the person, I've never had to get in a fistfight. If it's over something stupid and they want to go to blows, that's when I just shrug it off and tell them they're not worth it. If they want to call me a pussy, whatever. If it was over something serious I would get physical if necessary, but I've never had a situation like that and hopefully I never will.
    no its not a joke haha i was just freaking out cause she gave me dome before and i bust all in this towel, whiped my dick off then fingered her with that hand and i was just like omg omg omg omg, then we did the nasty, i still think i'm straight.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

hahah I know, I'm blogging like hell today... I need to do some work

Claire's Mom

What zebra said.

And shitty poll, can't see who is what.

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Colon View Post
    What zebra said.

Agreed. Can it be de-anonymated after the fact?

Your bad at grammar.

nope. i wish.

i'm the same way, whit.

and for the record, rexskimmer, nearly knocking someone out is like nearly winning the lottery. you just didn't.
    ForeverSkim - Editor/Owner/Art Director/Etc
    20/30north Studios - Print/Web/Motion

SPF 70

Quote Originally Posted by ZapBulletRider View Post
    See in this situation I would jump back and put my hands up in defense... punching would be my last reaction to that situation I think
    Would you jump back, or back flip back?

Yeah, thought so.
    -David Behar

SOMB Veteran

I'm usually flight. Only because the kids I see willing to fight are people I never want to be. Always hostile with friends I couldn't imagine spending a second with.

Last year I made a joke about some guys girlfriend (and if you know me, this is pretty average) but the guy freaked out. Avoided the first confrontation but he ended up riding up on his bike one day after school as I was longboarding with a few friends. Kid was physically smaller than I was so I wasn't really worried about a fight but he is fracking crazy. He comes up shoving me and I just apologized. As much as I would have liked to hit him, there's really no reason to get into that. It was over such a small thing and not worth either of us getting hurt. I had friends there so it wouldn't have mattered if I fought him, he would have had to deal with like 4 kids if he was really attacking me.

I would fight someone if it was over something really serious. Hasn't happened yet.
    www.connorroelke.com

Skimboarder

Verbal attacks don't bother me, I can blow that off. If someone gets in my face and starts shoving then it's asking for a fight...

Banned

bah im pretty passive usually unless someone does something really dick like, then i confront them

i usually just tell people they're lucky im a nice person.

SOMB Veteran

im pretty passive about confrentation. The only time i have ever gotten into a fight was when this little dickhead shot my little brother in the eye with rubber band gun and i confronted him about it. He then charges me with a baseball bat and then i grab the bat and tackle him then proceed to beat the shit out of him.
    Matt

Teacher: Jonah cap off and balls on the ground... Jonah what are you doing?

Jonah: You said to put my balls on the ground miss...

Pro Youtuber

Quote Originally Posted by Colon View Post
    What zebra said.

I thought I would get more honesty if it was anonymous. we already know everyone on here plays tough guys as it is.
    SOMB's Brett Favre

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Quote Originally Posted by Sandskimmernewbie View Post
    I'm usually flight. Only because the kids I see willing to fight are people I never want to be. Always hostile with friends I couldn't imagine spending a second with.

Last year I made a joke about some guys girlfriend (and if you know me, this is pretty average) but the guy freaked out. Avoided the first confrontation but he ended up riding up on his bike one day after school as I was longboarding with a few friends. Kid was physically smaller than I was so I wasn't really worried about a fight but he is fracking crazy. He comes up shoving me and I just apologized. As much as I would have liked to hit him, there's really no reason to get into that. It was over such a small thing and not worth either of us getting hurt. I had friends there so it wouldn't have mattered if I fought him, he would have had to deal with like 4 kids if he was really attacking me.

I would fight someone if it was over something really serious. Hasn't happened yet.
    I would have done the same thing... I actually had a similar thing happen to me once. Me and a few friends were skating one night and this kid comes up and he either had a knife or a gun (can't remember, it was like 13 years ago), and he threatens me and says I ran his girlfriend off the road with my car when she was on her bike (which probably happened). I didn't remember that and I didn't know who he was or who his girlfriend was, at first I denied it but when I saw he was serious I basically told him I didn't remember doing that but if I did I was sorry. Then all the guys I was skating with came up holding their skateboards ready to kick his ass (there were like 8 of us) and he just left. I was scared as shit though.

SOMB Veteran

Oh for sure. That scared the shit out of me. In general I don't think I'd fight anyone and don't have any idea if I'd win. I'm big but I've never fought before so its anyones guess. I felt bad because the joke was taken the wrong way and it was my fault for making it at all but I still wasn't going to fight him.
    www.connorroelke.com

Banned

i remember when i was a freshman noticeably shorter and 50 pounds lighter, this guy named Toby he was like 18 ive never seen him before just started like wanting me to fight him (probably solely due to the fact he knew he could kick my scrawny ass) but ive never taked to him before in my life and he was saying how i talk shit soo much and stuff i was way confused haha then he pushed me into a bush in this part of school with no deans or nothign around and he was like "Yo Put uP yO dUkeS" and i was like, idk who you are...... and jsut walked past him

i mean he was very small for an 18 year old and was just looking for someone to use as an example to show his dominence

Pro Youtuber

This is sounding like Fight Club. Ha!!

Where most people have never been in a fight, but may actually be good fighters. Though it's always good to fight with your intelligence and not your brawn.
    SOMB's Brett Favre

Talking dirty to food

I try to live by this motto: Those who raise their fists are the first to stop thinking.

Granted, there are times where a fight in inevitable, but those are rare.
    I'm so adjective, I verb nouns!

Skimboarder

I'm always a really calm laid back person and normal just brush it off and go on my way but when confronted with some things I definately just don't think and go for it. I've been put in a couple situations with guns where I just sat back and talked it out cool but I've had a couple situations with poachers and we've gone out after them unarmed. So I guess normally flight but always fight when it's about my possesions or family/friends inevitable being put at risk or in danger.

Looking back on it all situations where I've been in a fight or gone after someone it's either been the fact that they've hit me and it's unavoidable or I've been in the middle of nowhere so if I were to let something happen I would be absolutely fracked.

OG Member

Even when you win a fight, it still hurts later on.

Banned

my friend and or some people are supposed to fight at said beach on said day and im just gonna go and not plan on fighting, jsut stand there cuz im a big kid and hopefully i will not have to use my brute man force on them

Talking dirty to food

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    my friend and or some people are supposed to fight at said beach on said day and im just gonna go and not plan on fighting, jsut stand there cuz im a big kid and hopefully i will not have to use my brute man force on them
    wanna date?
    I'm so adjective, I verb nouns!

Skimboarder

From the poll and posts most on here are "lovers."

This may seem like childish situation, but what would you all do if people broke in front of you in say the line at lunch? Would you just let it go or would you say/do anything?

Your bad at grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    From the poll and posts most on here are "lovers."

This may seem like childish situation, but what would you all do if people broke in front of you in say the line at lunch? Would you just let it go or would you say/do anything?
    i'd pull it apart. immediately...even if it meant getting more involved than i planned.

i've been in a few fights, but most of them were when i was in like middle school and once i hit the other kid it was over. most people don't realize how painful a punch can really be, and unless they are just blinded by rage that initial shock can be enough to stop it from progressing.

Your bad at grammar.

and each one of those situations in middle school involved my defending a friend...i wasn't seeking a fight.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

bullshit.

br00tal m3t4l d00d

I'm a lover. Confrontation scares me.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

and yet your musical genre of choice involves dudes cranking their distortion all the way up and screaming unintelligibly into the mic.

Skimboarder

after some experience, and thought, i be a flighter.

went to yew nork last summer with the gf to visit the older bro. so far the only crazy things we had seen were some crazy bums, loud drunks, and badass fixies. got on the subway one day and a short stocky black guy (20s or 30s) and a teenage puerto rican got on after. there must have been a puerto parade cuz the kid was decked out in the colors and had a huuuuge flag. confrontation started outside the subway btwn the guy and the kid. guy (already could tell he was fukin crazy) yellin at the kid for havin a flag in a subway. puerto kid tryin to act gangsta and called the black guy "son" to many times. the guy swings on the kid (my exact thoughts: really? .....fighting a teenager..?) and gets him in a headlock, slams his head against the pole couple of times. now me and my brother were on our feet ready to break it up, granted were not small and this guy was 4 ft nothing, so we could take him. before we did though, guy lets go of the kid and says, "i ain't yo son bitch, you could get killed saying that here." as he reaches into his bag, "you wanna die? you wanna get frackin shot?" i about shit my damn pants, also bruised my leg sittin down so hard. he never did take the "gun" out, but its not worth it. yea you could be insulted or some one talks shit about you, but you never know what they might have or how crazy they are. if its something stupid like argument or insult= flighter/peacemaker. important stuff, i.e. friends, fam, wife, kids, livlihood= killamuthafracka. my 2 cents.

Thread Information