Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
    Skimboarder

Default maui board question

i wanted to know if anyone from california or anywhere other than hawaii has ordered a maui board from "maui skimmers." if so what are ur thoughts on the boards and how much was it including shipping etc. pictures would be greatly appreciated if any thank you.

Skimboarder

why do you want one so much? they seem like kind of akward boards.

Mustached Gent

Quote Originally Posted by ddinh88
    i wanted to know if anyone from california or anywhere other than hawaii has ordered a maui board from "maui skimmers." if so what are ur thoughts on the boards and how much was it including shipping etc. pictures would be greatly appreciated if any thank you.
    you're leaving out where you're going to use it. where do you skim? seems to me the conditions that fit this board best would be big surf and very steep beach. otherwise something else might suit you better.

Skimboarder

well i skim around laguna and sometimes newport and the waves/beach are great. i already have an exile hybrid and i love it to death, i even named it "whale" . the reason i want a maui is because its different and could be a challenge who knows. maybe learn how to use one on the side of my exile for fun to interest me even more. the only place i can think of that ive seen that i can use a maui is prolly aliso beach.
    <3 koomz

Skimboarder

regular ole' citizen

i've ridden a few, kindof akward and slippery (doesn't hold a rail well with the roundness). I assume it's just preference b/c those guys rip on them.

I think they're also good for maui and waimeia beaches.

Thread Information