Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mine's BIGGER than yours

Default Free health care sounds amazing

Ottawa -
    "Emergency rooms in Canada are so crowded that patients are dying while they wait to be treated, Canadian doctors said this week. Threatment is free in Canada's national health-care system, and in many hospitals, packed ambulances idle outside for hours because there is no place to leave patients. Doctors are asking the provinces to adopt a plan in which patents are either admitted or discharged within six hours. "We've had people have heart attacks in the waiting room, people seize in the waiting room, and patients have miscarriages in the waiting room," said Dr. Brian Rowe of the University of Alberta Hospital. "It's like a Third World country."
    When Obama took office, you were only paying $1.95 per gallon of gas...

SOMB PL

frack you america and your health care you have to pay for! I dont want to have any motivation to work and make money to take care of my family and provide healthcare! its too hard! give me give me big daddy government!

Claire's Mom

Screw going to the new Saw movie, I'm just gonna hang out in a Canukustanian emergency room!

SOMB Veteran

We have friends in the UK that have been forced to make trips to the US for fairly simple procedures because of huge delays and they're not able to circumvent the socialized system (even if they're willing to pay in a privatized capacity).

Of course, you'll get people arguing based on anecdotal snippets from websites vs. actually knowing anyone that's experienced this.

I'm all for expanded public healthcare as long as it's hybridized/integrated with a private system.

Industry Dude

It's a two sided coin.

We can't afford all these plans with taxes...but I do think basic healthcare is a basic human right.

I agree, DT...if it's done its got to be integrated instead of having two separate programs.

SOMB Veteran

Link to the article, please?
    thenextskimboarder.wordpress.com

kyleskim6

basic health care a human right?

Industry Dude

Yeah.

SOMB Veteran

Seems to work okay here lul, i think our population is just right.... stay out....

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by junwin
    Seems to work okay here lul, i think our population is just right.... stay out....

Too late, Shatner hooked us up with some cheap airfare. The DT crew is on it's way.

SOMB Veteran

oh.... so weak.

jk

Industry Dude

And holy shit is DT's health bill expensive.

Robotic hearts aren't cheap.

The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by narwhal
    And holy shit is DT's health bill expensive.

Robotic hearts aren't cheap.
    Robotic heart? Try penile implant.
    Purple Snakes

Skimboarder

Now you know why the lion filed for bankruptcy
    postulation

The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by garrett850
    Now you know why the lion filed for bankruptcy
    roar fail.
    Purple Snakes

Skimboarder

pfft
    postulation

Mine's BIGGER than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Parker
    Link to the article, please?
    It was published in this weeks THE WEEK. I just went to the website to try and link the article, but I had to enter in my mailing address to gain access to the site. I dont think its necessary, but if you really want to see it in print, I'll scan the page for you and post it...
    When Obama took office, you were only paying $1.95 per gallon of gas...

SOMB Veteran

There's a right and a wrong way to do everything. Sometimes in Mexico the police kidnap people, that doesn't mean having a police force is a bad idea. The UK has strict gun laws and less gun crime, that doesn't mean the US should ban all guns. There can be a public and private health system at the same time, what's the term conservatives always use, "Whatever the market will bear." Ironically that's how hospitals work now which is why insurance and all that shit is so expensive.

I'm with stupid

Quote Originally Posted by kyleskim6
    basic health care a human right?
    You don't think so?
    no its not a joke haha i was just freaking out cause she gave me dome before and i bust all in this towel, whiped my dick off then fingered her with that hand and i was just like omg omg omg omg, then we did the nasty, i still think i'm straight.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by junwin

I've got family in Melbourne that use their private health care more than the public plan, they say not only is the wait horrible, but the care they receive through the public system isn't worth it either.
    InlandSkimMovement - Co-Owner, Web, Videos, Events

aka doug aka hard gay

I don't believe any person with any serious or life-threatening injury should ever be denied care. But guess what, in America emergency rooms already can't deny people treatment.

We're good to go. Like DT said, I'm for expanding public health care if it's in conjunction with a bigger private sector healthcare system, but the world has shown time and time again that a complete social healthcare system is bad news.

Talking dirty to food

The media sensationalizing something? Never!
    Obviously neither system (privatized vs. public government implemented) is perfect. There are inherent problems with either system, but it's not as if we have free public health care just as a front, when in actuality it is horrid and no one can see a doctor. That's simply not the case.

The big problem is with us losing our doctors to the States because health care is a lucrative business for you. Not that it isn't here either, but look at your drug industry. Free health care should be a right, as well as free education. We have had debates about two tier health care systems (privatized and public) and it usually ends up the same: while privatized might provide some positive elements, I is usually seen as negative in terms of providing coverage to those with more money as opposed to equality.

No one reports on our health care system working smoothly and its' effectiveness. Who wants to read that? If you judge our health care system on a couple stories in the news then why not do the same with skimboarding?

Excuse me, I have to go club a seal to death with my board, and then irresponsibly skim close to little kids and fling my board into their shins while proclaiming my rights as a skimmer. They don't own the beach!!!!!!!1!
    I'm so adjective, I verb nouns!

Talking dirty to food

Quote Originally Posted by $ilky $kim
    There's a right and a wrong way to do everything. Sometimes in Mexico the police kidnap people, that doesn't mean having a police force is a bad idea. The UK has strict gun laws and less gun crime, that doesn't mean the US should ban all guns.

This is one of the worst metaphors I've ever read. The UK has less gun crime and strict gun laws, but that doesn't translate into America taking action??? I'm not even going comment on the first example...

Industry Dude

Quote Originally Posted by doug
    I don't believe any person with any serious or life-threatening injury should ever be denied care. But guess what, in America emergency rooms already can't deny people treatment.
    That's not even close to what is defined as basic healthcare.

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DjMattyD
    You don't think so?

I think handjobs are a basic human right. Socialized money shots for everyone!!

kyleskim6

Quote Originally Posted by DjMattyD
    You don't think so?
    To be honest I am not really sure.

In the declaration of human rights by the UN they stated this as a "human right".

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

When it comes down providing a service i.e. medical care. it gets kind of grey when coming to "rights".

It is almost impossible to guarentee "a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family" This is not to say everyone shouldn't have health care but in a realistic way it is almost impossible to do it and do it right.

Talking dirty to food

it's funny how people relate having universal health care to some extreme injury like getting their legs blown off or a life threatening injury.

It's awesome to be able to go to see your doctor for preventative check ups for free. Free eye tests every 3 years, dental work. I had 85% coverage for my braces, and I still have dental coverage from school/ parents benefits package and government.

Talking dirty to food

It is almost impossible to guarentee "a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family" This is not to say everyone shouldn't have health care but in a realistic way it is almost impossible to do it and do it right.

Yeah you're right. We can't get it perfect so let's not try at all. That's a great attitude.

Industry Dude

We're the fracking United States...we go over the U.N.

Skimboarder

Look, I work full time and have side jobs in construction. My job doesn't provide health care, so I have to pay for it. 3600 a year ($300 a fracking month) for a shitty HMO. I am not a bum, nor am I am asking for handout. But the cost of health care in this country is out of control.

kyleskim6

Quote Originally Posted by GnipGnop
    Yeah you're right. We can't get it perfect so let's not try at all. That's a great attitude.
    I was just making a point that when it comes to health care as being a "Human Right" it is kind of grey....

I'm with stupid

I was just making a point that when it comes to health care as being a "Human Right" it is kind of grey....
    Yeah I mean who says children have a "right" to be immunized? fracking commies keep your socialized medipoison out of our childrens veins.
    no its not a joke haha i was just freaking out cause she gave me dome before and i bust all in this towel, whiped my dick off then fingered her with that hand and i was just like omg omg omg omg, then we did the nasty, i still think i'm straight.

kyleskim6

good point.....

Skimboarder

Hey this is AMURICA! And if you don't like Amurica, you can giiiiit ooooooooowwwwwwww!!

Talking dirty to food

What is the point of even making that argument???

"Hi guise, I think it's important to remember that things are complicated. okthx by guise.."

Thread Information