Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

holy shit, just read AP's post. I am totally fracking pumping my fist right now, Arsenio style. THAT's the response I was hoping for. Let's give it up one more time for the Big Dogg.

Skimboarder

i prefer one of two fist pumps during clutch performances.

or
    -kevin

yee haw

wow. i guess i shoudl read it. college paper length and all.
    what is this i dont even

Pro Skimboarder

2 anyone saying it was "10st bros"......pretty sure it was mainly ONE. I think the other just kinda went with it or something .I think it would of sold for more if both parties were down like that, but hey i suck what do i know......well i do know that GEO is a PIMP so thats pretty much what im saying and noggie,acting very pimp like aswell at this time with all this mumbo jumbo spit spak....but i mean hey i do suck....so F.T.A

Pro Photo

twas a good read. I'm glad I didnt try to sell any photos to allyance.

I will continue with the slow clap.

I'm also very stoked to hear the UST is gaining some ground. I'm gonnna be stoked to see where it goes.
    ---->( My cancer Q&A blog: Cancer for Dummies )<----
    --->My Photography <---

"Clouds bring the f-stop blues" -Jack Johnson

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

I'll be making my entrance into the pro skimboarding world next year. I'm looking at Marva Maid and Dr. Scholl's for possible sponsors.

Buffet of Manliness

Aaron you are a sick fracking man. I want to hug you and tell you I love you soon. Its been far too long.
    Ryan Wachter

[QUOTE=Aaron Peluso]analagous[/QUOTE]

Skimboarder

i can post the allyance post if anyone wants to read it, and/or is ok.
    (full)

great post mr peluso

Skimboarder

i didnt get a chance to read all of the posts, but i thought i would add my own two cents, all though its prob the same as everyone else.

this is incredibly messed up. basically, its like stealing from a homeless person. first off the skim community has no money, and when there is a world championship, where people come from all around, we try to make this into a big growth for the community. but instead they just rip us off. personally this pisses me off.

also, i got 3rd for womens. and my prize package wasnt even prob worth 50$. i've competed years before, and i had gotten anywhere from 100-250$ in prizes i believe. this makes no sense whatsoever. the pros didnt just get robbed, everyone else who placed prob did too.

so basically, allyance is a little bitch
    Kristina Graf
    Victoria Skimboards
    Skim Gurl
    EOS
    [url]www.myspace.com/k_graf[/url]

Skimboarder

After West Street and Cabo events, in which Allyance provided the entire cash purse with not one supporting company, Allyance made it abundantly clear that they would not continue to be the “meal ticket� for skim.
    Since, according to Aaron, there was little to no operating expenses for the West and Cabo events, does anyone care to estimate the number of pro and am participants, and calculate the total of the entry fees? As well as the prize purse? It should be fairly easy to estimate whether Allyance had a net gain or loss for the two events.

Regardless of such details, the "Board Sports Legend Bill "Beaker" Bryan joins the Allyance" press release is dated April 3, 2006. I guess they are upset that they haven't seen a significant profit in four whole months. With the millions that all the major skim companies are profiting after being involved in the industry for just slightly longer, I can see how they'd be so upset.
    There's a good chance you've handled my ass-pennies. That gives me the edge.

Industry Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Kristina G

so basically, allyance is a little bitch
    Jesus thats quote of the year.

Banned

"go Grab A Beverage, This Thread Is Packed"

Skimboarder

What is sounds like to me is that Allyance tried to be really smooth about the money and hoped that no one would really notice and now that someone did they were just trying to cover their own ass.

But what I have to ask is did no one write down anything such ass contracts to money promised, or money held. How can a company run away with thousands of dollars and no justice could thier be a lawsuit?

Skimboarder

wow. mr. peluso-very articulate response. and thank you for what you do for skimboarding.

ps-this thread should be made a sticky thread so everyone can see it.
    the world's a subway

stay fly. ya dig?

GOOOOOOOOO DAWGS! SIC 'EM! WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Skimboarder

Nice one Aaron and nooige.

Skimboarder

Aarron took more of the political approach, where Noogie, just straight up tells it how it is.

BOOYA!

Skimboarder

we caught allyance ridin dirty...

Skimboarder

They were the shorty and went for a ride with young buck. Then got spanked and booted out of the Skim-mobile

Tourist

Default Thanks Aaron

Just wanted to thank you for everything you've done for the sport over the last few years. All the work you've put in skimboarding- extremely admirable. Its not every sport you can come onto a message board and read about all the politics of a contest straight from the owners of the big companies, together with all the athletes' opinions. Thanks for your time in giving your input on the events leading up to the contest - i think we all appreciate what you do for the sport.

To me, it seems like a serious waste of energy to get mad at these gaylliance guys - they don't deserve any sorta energy from skimmers like us. Let it be known that they're schieisters (sp?), and just money-hungry assholes, expecting a quick payoff in this fast-paced world. They'll get their big piece-of-shit RVs when they retire, a time when they can roam the world in their walkers because they're too old to rely on their own two feet. We should feel sorry for them almost - they'll never know how awesome a sport like skimboarding is - they'll never experience the feeling like we do. I also think its a lesson learned - sue the bastards if they broke the law, and have discretion in the future about trusting people/companies like them.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by waddsworth
    Since, according to Aaron, there was little to no operating expenses for the West and Cabo events, does anyone care to estimate the number of pro and am participants, and calculate the total of the entry fees? As well as the prize purse? It should be fairly easy to estimate whether Allyance had a net gain or loss for the two events.
    I remember calculating that entry fees for west st should have been around $3000. There were expenses for the event, such as a modest amount paid to Trigg to run the event. But in any case Allyance's financial contribution to the event was also quite modest and pretty much in line with what you would expect for a headline sponsor of a small event like west st (I think). I don't think they took anything home on those to events, but I dont think they were overpaying either. Their sob story gets nowhere with me.

Unless there is something big that I am not getting, its seems like they took thousands of dollars home at the Aliso event and Vic picked up the slack.

That sounds like skimboarding taking care of their own to me...

Skimboarder

frack allyance. i didnt read this whole thread. i read aarons post. sums it up for me i read some other posts about heo they fracked people over... so heres a big middle finger with my pants at half mast in your direction allyance....

frack YOU COCK SUCKERS DONT COME BACK TO OUR SPORT OUR CONTESTS OUR MSG BOARDS AND OUR BEACHES!

and also...

Thank you exile vic zap skimcity skimshop skimmag and who ever els i didnt name i dont know them all who support this awesome sport but thankyou for your contrubition to the community and i hope we can grow from this expierence and make it better and everyone should make a shirt that says frack allyance and we will take a picture and send them to allyance!
    GingerBred

king meep

holy new avatar aaron.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

Skimboarder

first i was pissed, then i felt bad for accusing, and now after AP's ass-kickery im once again pissed. is there a guarentee that vic covered the 7 grand it costed to run the event? cuz if so there is a large sum of money not accounted for, and if the allyance claims to of handled the money, which they do, then they need to stop lying out their asses, fess up, and give the money back to the rightful owners. i think it would even be a good idea that the money goes to vic to re-emberse them for picking up the slack

Skimboarder

Greatest avatar ever. Its a nice new fit for Aaron. Fist pumps for life.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by samcollett
    holy new avatar aaron.
    frack, now everytime i see a picture of tiger woods, i'm gonna think of AP lol

his x-man avatar guy did the same thing.
    -kevin

Skimboarder

I think we need a seperate board or category for tournaments, Sponsorships, and companies to interact with the riders. This might be a good idea to have the actual boarders give ideas directly to companies and sponsers and event staff for tourneys. Commuication between the boarder community and manufacterers and people who hold events and not just the top dogs I think is a must. Atleast at this point on the rise of skimboarding.

Skim Invasion General

OK, now that I have read 11 pages of this read both sides I have formed an opinion. First off(say it with me) Allyance, you are a bunch of liars and cowards. frack you. First you post then get scared and delete it knowing the repercussions of your statment. We don't want you so go away. You come on here and blame everyone else for your frack up. Just admit it. You came into this venture with the intentions of making money. I don't care what you told Foreverskim in the mag or what you blow up my ass on here. A wise friend of mine said once that he did start his company for the love of the sport and to give back. But he'd be a fool to do it absolutly for free.

I'm not saying you should get paid for volunteering, but if you put in an investment, you want returns. I understand that. But you have to give it a chance. What this is your third comp? Not getting paid? Yeah, let me withdraw all my investments after three weeks just because there is a slow down in the stock market. Aaron hit the nail on the head with his book so I don't need to go into alot of that stuff. Just read it and shut up. Get the frack out of my sport you vampires. It's bad enough no one respects us. Yes we have some internal stuff to straighten out. But it is in works. Judging, points, etc.

But as long as dicks like you try once then pull out for whatever reason comes along, the sport will never be a household name like you want it to be. That is how you will make your money. The long haul. Not the short term. I would hope that you rethink your position on this. But I know that isn't going to happen. So I pray that skimboarding can grow on it's own with people and companies like Zap, Exile, Skimcity, Skimshop, Victoria, Run Drop Slide, Foreverskim, UST, Skim USA, Boardheads, and all those others that support us in anyway you can. It's grass roots stuff like that that will make us strong. Not greedy companies from NYC that have never even skimmed in their life.

So I hope this experiance will help the sport to grow. You have to learn to get knocked down to learn to get back up. My rant is over thank God. What up true skimmers and I'm out.

Frank Hastings
    Frank Hastings
    You know the web site.

Retired

Originally Posted by Allyance

All efforts were made to make the World Championship at Aliso the biggest Skim contest to date. Major companies were contacted for sponsorship dollars and all laughed upon hearing the event; yet Allyance was determined to continue with Aliso.No one, including Skim industry companies, wants to help support its own family. For years, Victoria had been the primary sponsor and seen a constant decline in support yet an increase in restrictions and operating costs from the county. Thus, after receiving little or no support from other industry companies, they decided to retreat from the contest scene.

All efforts?? uh, did you even TRY to get any other sponsors? Grabbag would have been happy to contribute but was never asked.
    Last edited by wardovision; 08-03-2006 at 10:43 AM.

yee haw

Quote Originally Posted by samcollett
    holy new avatar aaron.
    never thought i'd see the day
    what is this i dont even

banned

allyance is not our ally.

Pro Youtuber

2 cents

With or without Asslyance this sport will make it. Just take a look at the growth in the last decade, or even from last year, it's insane! Every Christmas I see the skim community multiply.

Bottom line is, with this much growth we will kick in the door of opportunity soon enough. I applaud those on the front lines trying to grow it. Allyance is just stepping stone and a lesson learned at this point.
    SOMB's Brett Favre

Skimboarder

frack The Allyance!
    GingerBred

Mine's BIGGER than yours

I'm just curious, do any of the riders for allyance still ride for them? Or by them saying they're wipping their hands clean of skimming, is their way of dropping those riders also?
    When Obama took office, you were only paying $1.95 per gallon of gas...

Skim Invasion General

That's what I would like to know. I know money talks and bullshit walks, but I'd tell them to go to Hell after that statment.
    Frank Hastings
    You know the web site.

Skimboarder

pwned.

Thread Information