Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Your bad at grammar.

i think dominic takes the cake with "gayllyance". that's hilarious.
    ForeverSkim - Editor/Owner/Art Director/Etc
    20/30north Studios - Print/Web/Motion

Skimboarder

I know i'm a bit late but i think the shirt idea is really good. You could go into a whole line of items shirts, shorts, jumpers...etc. You could then divi up then money and give some to the pros from this comp and the rest towards next comp.

Skimboarder

A positive/big picture perspective:
    Even though this whole mess with allyance is a step back, one can already see some good that is coming from it. For example, people volunterring to help out for the Vic a year in advance. Who knows what else Trigg can do (if he so chooses) for the sport of skimboarding if freed from the responsibilities of running a huge contest every year.

Skimboarder

Why Skim USA or Animal didn´t take the reponsability for the World Skim Champ?

Good to Jason and Joe Vavala that went to Portugal World ZAP Championship.
    5.000 euros prize money.

Shame that they robbed Noogie, he has a nice style.
    SKIMBOARD na véia!:D :D :D

Skimboarder

get on a webcam and make a seaweed thingy about gallyance

Skimboarder

Oh snap.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by surfskatesnow4evr

Shark Energy Drink provides $3000 for every UST event which is paid to Aaron Peluso. In turn, Aaron is to direct that money to the events purse. Cabo was a UST event in which zero dollars made its way over from the UST. At Aliso, the $3000 was promised by the UST until the day before the event when Allyance was notified that only $1000 of the money would be given for the purse. In a phone conversation with Aaron Peluso, he was asked why only a third of the money would be given when it will only hurt the prize purse and the pro competitiors. His reply “they will just have to try to win money somewhere else!”
    hmmmmmn..

banned

dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNN

Skimboarder

Surfskatesnow4evr,

In aligning yourself with the 10th St bros and signing some of the biggest names to your team, was there any plans to market your brand to the skim community itself? How about skim related products or skim apparal? I noticed that all the skimteam on your website appear to be snowboarders first, skimboarders second. I think its weird and that is why your brand was something I did not buy or support. Your marketing strategy failed miserably because you looked at skimboarding as a circus act, as evidenced by the "Big Top Series Tour".

S3

Edit: If someone did not pay their entry fees, why were they allowed to compete? Mind boggling.
    Last edited by (S3); 08-02-2006 at 11:49 AM.

br00tal m3t4l d00d

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar
    Oh snap.
    oh snap.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

veeerrrrry interesting....
    Last edited by ZapBulletRider; 08-02-2006 at 12:01 PM.

SOMB Veteran

Sooo... how 'bout this weather, eh?
    thenextskimboarder.wordpress.com

i wish tom was green for me

you have some frackign nerve to come on here representing a COMPANY, and point fingers, single people out, CALL NAMES. What are you 12? Grow the hell up and aproach this professionally. in one letter you attacked every company excluding: Vic, Shark, Lands End, Skimkidz, Burnlounge, Shark Energy Drink, and yourself. and singled out a person who puts there heart, wallet, and more time than you will ever put into this industry into a single site... THIS site. I've lost respect for you as a shop employee, snowboarder, skimboarder, and person, you have now been demoted to lower than low. You do not aproach stuff in a professional way at all. Your company is a joke.
    mmm tom green

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

how bout this lack of response? Calm before the storm, I'll wager.

edit: Blast, one post too late.

BTW, nice touch on the username.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by slottyskimmerIZ
    you have some frackign nerve to come on here representing a COMPANY, and point fingers, single people out, CALL NAMES. What are you 12? Grow the hell up and aproach this professionally. in one letter you attacked every company excluding: Vic, Shark, Lands End, Skimkidz, Burnlounge, Shark Energy Drink, and yourself. and singled out a person who puts there heart, wallet, and more time than you will ever put into this industry into a single site... THIS site. I've lost respect for you as a shop employee, snowboarder, skimboarder, and person, you have now been demoted to lower than low. You do not aproach stuff in a professional way at all. Your company is a joke.

I thought his response was rather professional considering the belligerent attack most of this thread had become.

Unless you were specifically involved with the dealings between this company and the tour/contest, I suggest you sit back, shut up and enjoy the show.

yea, your right, lets just sit back and let it happen again. I would have been right there helping out if it was something I was able to do, I live in Maine, thats not easy. Do you think microsoft, ford, or Verizon Wireless, all huge legitimate companys would EVER go on the record to directly bash there competition? I think not... from what I got, the only thing proffesional about that rebuttle was the grammar and spelling.

edit: p.s. Gotcha whit... sucker. Whats your views on this?

and yea, sucha rad username, you might want to change your title tag on your website aswell, as your "wipping your hands clean of the skim industry"
    mmm tom green

banned

your so gay and dumb slotty iz

Skimboarder

I'm makin popcorn.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by surfskatesnow4evr
    Shark Energy Drink provides $3000 for every UST event which is paid to Aaron Peluso. In turn, Aaron is to direct that money to the events purse. Cabo was a UST event in which zero dollars made its way over from the UST. At Aliso, the $3000 was promised by the UST until the day before the event when Allyance was notified that only $1000 of the money would be given for the purse. In a phone conversation with Aaron Peluso, he was asked why only a third of the money would be given when it will only hurt the prize purse and the pro competitiors. His reply “they will just have to try to win money somewhere else!”
    yowza

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

slotty I'm actually w/ undertheradar on this one. He's not saying "sit back and let it happen again", he's saying this is an A & B conversation, C your way out of it.

Skimboarder

Im sorry slotty i had to point this out

in one letter you attacked every company excluding: Vic, Shark, Lands End, Skimkidz, Burnlounge, Shark Energy Drink, and yourself.
    part of the letter above... :
    Furthermore, companies such as Skim Magazine, Victoria Skimboards, Lands End Skimboards, Skimkidz, and Burnlounge are true to their word and want the best for Skim. They have pledged support and follow through which is more than can be said about any other skim industry company

anybody else want popcorn?

Skimboarder

All I'm saying is that there are obviously two sides to every story.

Oh, and I predict we see this whole thread dissapear before long.

What are you trying to say funkymonkey?

and whit hows it an a-b convo? It has to do with our whole industry being taken for granted

Edit: undertheradar, I understand what you mean, sorry for snapping, I guess I just don't see the relevance to what I had said.
    mmm tom green

SOMB Veteran

I love it when you guys fight, as long as there is makeup sex.
    thenextskimboarder.wordpress.com

Skimboarder

wow this issue is a real bust for skimboarders. Allyance pulled it off nicely, while fracking with skimboarders that decent money for just a competition
    ShUt ThE frack ^ AnD Go SkIm

Buffet of Manliness

slotty shut up. He didnt openly bash those companies, he commended them for being true to thier word. I think his letter is way more professional then most of the people on this thread have been.
    Ryan Wachter

[QUOTE=Aaron Peluso]analagous[/QUOTE]

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

I'm just waiting for AP to log on.

Skimboarder

What are you trying to say funkymonkey?

and whit hows it an a-b convo? It has to do with our whole industry being taken for granted

Edit: undertheradar, I understand what you mean, sorry for snapping, I guess I just don't see the relevance to what I had said.
    Are you privy to some inside information the rest of us aren't? If not then all you're doing is continuing to assume and pretend you know what you're talking about. This is obviously an issue for the pros, company owners, UST and Allyance to hash out. Two sides to every story man.....

Skimboarder

The main ingredient in operating the tour is sponsorship and support from fellow industry companies. After West Street and Cabo events, in which Allyance provided the entire cash purse with not one supporting company, Allyance made it abundantly clear that they would not continue to be the “meal ticket” for skim.
    I find this part pretty interesting.

Skimboarder

This is an issue that involves anyone that is involved in skimboarding. Sitting back and not voicing your opinions is not helping. The overall topic belongs to the involved companies, but if you have something to say, you should say it.

The solution will come from within the industry but the overall skimboarding population needs to voice their opinion(s) to show that this is not some sport that sits along the side and waits for the next corporate tour bus to come by and give us a check for events.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by (S3)
    Surfskatesnow4evr,

In aligning yourself with the 10th St bros and signing some of the biggest names to your team, was there any plans to market your brand to the skim community itself? How about skim related products or skim apparal? I noticed that all the skimteam on your website appear to be snowboarders first, skimboarders second. I think its weird and that is why your brand was something I did not buy or support. Your marketing strategy failed miserably because you looked at skimboarding as a circus act, as evidenced by the "Big Top Series Tour".

S3

Edit: If someone did not pay their entry fees, why were they allowed to compete? Mind boggling.
    I fail to see what a failed marketing strategy for one company has to do with missing-sponsorship for companies already "in line" with a tour. You would think that a company that represents a SKIM tour would not have to worry about convincing already established SKIM companies to support the sport (unless another viel has been pulled over my head, that's the way I see it).

and I kind of hope AP doesn't go into a big response. This kind of matter should not be discussed on a bulletin board...
    Last edited by unorthadox; 08-02-2006 at 12:41 PM.
    Great Lake Skim.com

Industry Dude

There are so many holes in what snowskatesurf4ever said.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by SCNSkim
    This is an issue that involves anyone that is involved in skimboarding. Sitting back and not voicing your opinions is not helping. The overall topic belongs to the involved companies, but if you have something to say, you should say it.

The solution will come from within the industry but the overall skimboarding population needs to voice their opinion(s) to show that this is not some sport that sits along the side and waits for the next corporate tour bus to come by and give us a check for events.

I agree with you to a point....but at this time nobody here knows what the hell is going on. Allyance, unless they are lying through their teeth did a pretty good job of defending all of the allegations posted in this thread.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by narwhal
    There are so many holes in what snowskatesurf4ever said.

Backing that up would probably help your case.

Industry Dude

If you have read this entire thread and seen what the pros, people at the contest, industry heads have said then what one guy says.... It doesnt match up. Seriouslly I am not quoting a million things its preety easy to see.

Thread Information