Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 210 of 373
  1. #176
    Your bad at grammar.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mary Esther, FL
    Posts
    14,237
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    i think dominic takes the cake with "gayllyance". that's hilarious.
    ForeverSkim - Editor/Owner/Art Director/Etc
    20/30north Studios - Print/Web/Motion

  2. #177
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kiama, nsw, Australia
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I know i'm a bit late but i think the shirt idea is really good. You could go into a whole line of items shirts, shorts, jumpers...etc. You could then divi up then money and give some to the pros from this comp and the rest towards next comp.

  3. #178
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DEL
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    A positive/big picture perspective:
    Even though this whole mess with allyance is a step back, one can already see some good that is coming from it. For example, people volunterring to help out for the Vic a year in advance. Who knows what else Trigg can do (if he so chooses) for the sport of skimboarding if freed from the responsibilities of running a huge contest every year.

  4. #179
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Why Skim USA or Animal didn´t take the reponsability for the World Skim Champ?

    Good to Jason and Joe Vavala that went to Portugal World ZAP Championship.
    5.000 euros prize money.

    Shame that they robbed Noogie, he has a nice style.
    SKIMBOARD na véia!:D :D :D

  5. #180
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Gatos/Santa Cruz
    Posts
    7,073
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    get on a webcam and make a seaweed thingy about gallyance

  6. #181
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Strong beach, CA
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Oh snap.

  7. #182
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Gatos/Santa Cruz
    Posts
    7,073
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfskatesnow4evr

    Shark Energy Drink provides $3000 for every UST event which is paid to Aaron Peluso. In turn, Aaron is to direct that money to the events purse. Cabo was a UST event in which zero dollars made its way over from the UST. At Aliso, the $3000 was promised by the UST until the day before the event when Allyance was notified that only $1000 of the money would be given for the purse. In a phone conversation with Aaron Peluso, he was asked why only a third of the money would be given when it will only hurt the prize purse and the pro competitiors. His reply “they will just have to try to win money somewhere else!”
    hmmmmmn..

  8. #183
    banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Plum Island / Singing Beach (MA)
    Posts
    1,707
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNN

  9. #184
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Surfskatesnow4evr,

    In aligning yourself with the 10th St bros and signing some of the biggest names to your team, was there any plans to market your brand to the skim community itself? How about skim related products or skim apparal? I noticed that all the skimteam on your website appear to be snowboarders first, skimboarders second. I think its weird and that is why your brand was something I did not buy or support. Your marketing strategy failed miserably because you looked at skimboarding as a circus act, as evidenced by the "Big Top Series Tour".

    S3

    Edit: If someone did not pay their entry fees, why were they allowed to compete? Mind boggling.
    Last edited by (S3); 08-02-2006 at 11:49 AM.

  10. #185
    br00tal m3t4l d00d
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UCF
    Posts
    7,555
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar
    Oh snap.
    oh snap.

  11. #186
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    36,801
    Rep Power
    102

    Default

    veeerrrrry interesting....
    Last edited by ZapBulletRider; 08-02-2006 at 12:01 PM.

  12. #187
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,506
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Sooo... how 'bout this weather, eh?
    thenextskimboarder.wordpress.com

  13. #188
    i wish tom was green for me
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    tom green
    Posts
    2,545
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    you have some frackign nerve to come on here representing a COMPANY, and point fingers, single people out, CALL NAMES. What are you 12? Grow the hell up and aproach this professionally. in one letter you attacked every company excluding: Vic, Shark, Lands End, Skimkidz, Burnlounge, Shark Energy Drink, and yourself. and singled out a person who puts there heart, wallet, and more time than you will ever put into this industry into a single site... THIS site. I've lost respect for you as a shop employee, snowboarder, skimboarder, and person, you have now been demoted to lower than low. You do not aproach stuff in a professional way at all. Your company is a joke.
    mmm tom green

  14. #189
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    36,801
    Rep Power
    102

    Default

    how bout this lack of response? Calm before the storm, I'll wager.


    edit: Blast, one post too late.

    BTW, nice touch on the username.

  15. #190
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Strong beach, CA
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slottyskimmerIZ
    you have some frackign nerve to come on here representing a COMPANY, and point fingers, single people out, CALL NAMES. What are you 12? Grow the hell up and aproach this professionally. in one letter you attacked every company excluding: Vic, Shark, Lands End, Skimkidz, Burnlounge, Shark Energy Drink, and yourself. and singled out a person who puts there heart, wallet, and more time than you will ever put into this industry into a single site... THIS site. I've lost respect for you as a shop employee, snowboarder, skimboarder, and person, you have now been demoted to lower than low. You do not aproach stuff in a professional way at all. Your company is a joke.


    I thought his response was rather professional considering the belligerent attack most of this thread had become.


    Unless you were specifically involved with the dealings between this company and the tour/contest, I suggest you sit back, shut up and enjoy the show.

  16. #191
    i wish tom was green for me
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    tom green
    Posts
    2,545
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yea, your right, lets just sit back and let it happen again. I would have been right there helping out if it was something I was able to do, I live in Maine, thats not easy. Do you think microsoft, ford, or Verizon Wireless, all huge legitimate companys would EVER go on the record to directly bash there competition? I think not... from what I got, the only thing proffesional about that rebuttle was the grammar and spelling.

    edit: p.s. Gotcha whit... sucker. Whats your views on this?

    and yea, sucha rad username, you might want to change your title tag on your website aswell, as your "wipping your hands clean of the skim industry"
    mmm tom green

  17. #192
    banned
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Plum Island / Singing Beach (MA)
    Posts
    1,707
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    your so gay and dumb slotty iz

  18. #193
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I'm makin popcorn.

  19. #194
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfskatesnow4evr
    Shark Energy Drink provides $3000 for every UST event which is paid to Aaron Peluso. In turn, Aaron is to direct that money to the events purse. Cabo was a UST event in which zero dollars made its way over from the UST. At Aliso, the $3000 was promised by the UST until the day before the event when Allyance was notified that only $1000 of the money would be given for the purse. In a phone conversation with Aaron Peluso, he was asked why only a third of the money would be given when it will only hurt the prize purse and the pro competitiors. His reply “they will just have to try to win money somewhere else!”
    .
    yowza

  20. #195
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    36,801
    Rep Power
    102

    Default

    slotty I'm actually w/ undertheradar on this one. He's not saying "sit back and let it happen again", he's saying this is an A & B conversation, C your way out of it.

  21. #196
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Im sorry slotty i had to point this out

    Quote Originally Posted by slottyskimmerIZ
    in one letter you attacked every company excluding: Vic, Shark, Lands End, Skimkidz, Burnlounge, Shark Energy Drink, and yourself.
    part of the letter above... :
    Furthermore, companies such as Skim Magazine, Victoria Skimboards, Lands End Skimboards, Skimkidz, and Burnlounge are true to their word and want the best for Skim. They have pledged support and follow through which is more than can be said about any other skim industry company

    anybody else want popcorn?

  22. #197
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Strong beach, CA
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    All I'm saying is that there are obviously two sides to every story.



    Oh, and I predict we see this whole thread dissapear before long.

  23. #198
    i wish tom was green for me
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    tom green
    Posts
    2,545
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What are you trying to say funkymonkey?

    and whit hows it an a-b convo? It has to do with our whole industry being taken for granted

    Edit: undertheradar, I understand what you mean, sorry for snapping, I guess I just don't see the relevance to what I had said.
    mmm tom green

  24. #199
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,506
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    I love it when you guys fight, as long as there is makeup sex.
    thenextskimboarder.wordpress.com

  25. #200
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    FlOrIdA
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    wow this issue is a real bust for skimboarders. Allyance pulled it off nicely, while fracking with skimboarders that decent money for just a competition
    ShUt ThE frack ^ AnD Go SkIm

  26. #201
    Buffet of Manliness
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Jersey.
    Posts
    1,237
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    slotty shut up. He didnt openly bash those companies, he commended them for being true to thier word. I think his letter is way more professional then most of the people on this thread have been.
    Ryan Wachter

    [QUOTE=Aaron Peluso]analagous[/QUOTE]

  27. #202
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    36,801
    Rep Power
    102

    Default

    I'm just waiting for AP to log on.

  28. #203
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Strong beach, CA
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slottyskimmerIZ
    What are you trying to say funkymonkey?

    and whit hows it an a-b convo? It has to do with our whole industry being taken for granted

    Edit: undertheradar, I understand what you mean, sorry for snapping, I guess I just don't see the relevance to what I had said.
    Are you privy to some inside information the rest of us aren't? If not then all you're doing is continuing to assume and pretend you know what you're talking about. This is obviously an issue for the pros, company owners, UST and Allyance to hash out. Two sides to every story man.....

  29. #204
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Strong beach, CA
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The main ingredient in operating the tour is sponsorship and support from fellow industry companies. After West Street and Cabo events, in which Allyance provided the entire cash purse with not one supporting company, Allyance made it abundantly clear that they would not continue to be the “meal ticket” for skim.
    I find this part pretty interesting.

  30. #205
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is an issue that involves anyone that is involved in skimboarding. Sitting back and not voicing your opinions is not helping. The overall topic belongs to the involved companies, but if you have something to say, you should say it.

    The solution will come from within the industry but the overall skimboarding population needs to voice their opinion(s) to show that this is not some sport that sits along the side and waits for the next corporate tour bus to come by and give us a check for events.

  31. #206
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (S3)
    Surfskatesnow4evr,

    In aligning yourself with the 10th St bros and signing some of the biggest names to your team, was there any plans to market your brand to the skim community itself? How about skim related products or skim apparal? I noticed that all the skimteam on your website appear to be snowboarders first, skimboarders second. I think its weird and that is why your brand was something I did not buy or support. Your marketing strategy failed miserably because you looked at skimboarding as a circus act, as evidenced by the "Big Top Series Tour".

    S3

    Edit: If someone did not pay their entry fees, why were they allowed to compete? Mind boggling.
    I fail to see what a failed marketing strategy for one company has to do with missing-sponsorship for companies already "in line" with a tour. You would think that a company that represents a SKIM tour would not have to worry about convincing already established SKIM companies to support the sport (unless another viel has been pulled over my head, that's the way I see it).

    and I kind of hope AP doesn't go into a big response. This kind of matter should not be discussed on a bulletin board...
    Last edited by unorthadox; 08-02-2006 at 12:41 PM.
    Great Lake Skim.com

  32. #207
    Industry Dude
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Goon Docks
    Posts
    18,127
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    There are so many holes in what snowskatesurf4ever said.

  33. #208
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Strong beach, CA
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCNSkim
    This is an issue that involves anyone that is involved in skimboarding. Sitting back and not voicing your opinions is not helping. The overall topic belongs to the involved companies, but if you have something to say, you should say it.

    The solution will come from within the industry but the overall skimboarding population needs to voice their opinion(s) to show that this is not some sport that sits along the side and waits for the next corporate tour bus to come by and give us a check for events.


    I agree with you to a point....but at this time nobody here knows what the hell is going on. Allyance, unless they are lying through their teeth did a pretty good job of defending all of the allegations posted in this thread.

  34. #209
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Strong beach, CA
    Posts
    2,362
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narwhal
    There are so many holes in what snowskatesurf4ever said.

    Backing that up would probably help your case.

  35. #210
    Industry Dude
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Goon Docks
    Posts
    18,127
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    If you have read this entire thread and seen what the pros, people at the contest, industry heads have said then what one guy says.... It doesnt match up. Seriouslly I am not quoting a million things its preety easy to see.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Logout