Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Quote Originally Posted by unorthadox
    and I kind of hope AP doesn't go into a big response. This kind of matter should not be discussed on a bulletin board...
    at the same time, I think everyone would like to see an explanation for that one accusation...

Industry Dude

Quote Originally Posted by ZapBulletRider
    at the same time, I think everyone would like to see an explanation for that one accusation...

ZBR is right.

Skimboarder

Here is what I don't understand. In an industry that is so small, why wouldn't every single board maker, traction maker, clothing, magazine, website etc be putting up money to support it?

Industry Dude

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar
    Here is what I don't understand. In an industry that is so small, why wouldn't every single board maker, traction maker, clothing, magazine, website etc be putting up money to support it?

You just answered it. "In an industry so SMALL".

Everyone should put a little help to make it work, not everyone give the same amounts.

Skimboarder

Why was there a $10,000 dollar purse promise if they knew they didnt want to pay out anymore?
    Joe Bailey...you owe me a re-shoot!!!! :)

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by narwhal
    You just answered it. "In an industry so SMALL".

Everyone should put a little help to make it work, not everyone give the same amounts.

I find it hard to believe that its so small that they couldn't host a tour involving half a dozen contests and a modest prize purse. If thats the case seems like they should just do away with the tour completely. That way nobody is let down.

yee haw

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhsu
    Jake exactly wat does that legal mumbo jumbo mean?
    it was a joke about them stealing joe's photos
    what is this i dont even

king meep

I agree with you to a point....but at this time nobody here knows what the hell is going on. Allyance, unless they are lying through their teeth did a pretty good job of defending all of the allegations posted in this thread.
    what about joe bailey's photos?

this is all so blown up it's rediculous. this has been a bad week for skimboarding as a whole. and robs, i hope aaron responds. this affects all of us. and as for you surfsnowskate4whatever, you say skim will not survive? i suspect that you are talking about companies, because i know many people who will own a skimboard(regardless of how they have to get it) until they can't physically skim any longer, so it sure as hell will survive.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by samcollett
    what about joe bailey's photos?

this is all so blown up it's rediculous. this has been a bad week for skimboarding as a whole. and robs, i hope aaron responds. this affects all of us. and as for you surfsnowskate4whatever, you say skim will not survive? i suspect that you are talking about companies, because i know many people who will own a skimboard(regardless of how they have to get it) until they can't physically skim any longer, so it sure as hell will survive.
    Thats a completely different issue. If it is as was posted in this thread, I don't see why he wouldn't be taking legal action...or at least threatening it.

king meep

Thats a completely different issue. If it is as was posted in this thread, I don't see why he wouldn't be taking legal action...or at least threatening it.
    i assume you're talking about what i said about joe bailey? because the second part of my post was addressing the same issue that's been being addressed.

and no, you originally said that allyance addressed all of the allegations against them in this thread. they did not address the joe bailey issue. i'm not trying to be offensive to you or anything, i'm just pissed over this whole deal.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

i know many people who will own a skimboard(regardless of how they have to get it) until they can't physically skim any longer, so it sure as hell will survive.
    I plan on quitting after this summer

Industry Dude

That was one of the holes i was talking about.

king meep

Quote Originally Posted by ZapBulletRider
    I plan on quitting after this summer
    damnit whit

Skimboarder

To his credit, he did have 5 pages of accusations to respond to.

king meep

they deleted the post?

Skimboarder

...and the plot thickens.

I won't say "I told you so."

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

yeah honestly it doesn't look good to get accused of something and then to delete evidence of the accusation. I'm not taking allyance's side by any means, I'm just saying, I know I wasn't the only one waiting for the rebuttal. I think a lot of us were hoping for you-know-who to call you-know-who on some bullshit.

i wish tom was green for me

aaaaaaaand now idk what to think... a VERY shady move to delete it... on one hand, I didn't like his unprofessionalism (is this a word?), but on the other hand, he did have points in his post... why was it deleted, this has now become a "bash a company thread, which is against the rules of the forum...
    mmm tom green

Industry Dude

...and the plot thickens.

I won't say "I told you so."
    Can you get off your knees?

banned

hahah this has made my day that much more googaplexed

Industry Dude

At least some people quoted what he said...

Skimboarder

there is no dedicated traction maker, their are no MAJOR clothing labels, websites dont make money, and board makers/tract/clothin/stores already pay to sponsor riders

Skimboarder

from what i just read about the post from Allyance they just worked us all and proved a gooooood point... they made all this posting from us look like asshole stuff

idk whos side to take on this one
    [B][SIZE="4"]252[/SIZE][/B] boys and gals

Jack Saunders

king meep

edited.
    Last edited by samcollett; 08-02-2006 at 05:00 PM.

Skimboarder

schweet for me, i get rewarded for never closing windows!

banned

i have the post saved. i left the tab with the page up from before it was deleted, i copied it, and i saved it. i'll pm aaron to tell him if he wants to see it i will send it to him, if not i will delete it.

sell it on ebay you fool.

Industry Dude

Quote Originally Posted by hobo
    there is no dedicated traction maker, their are no MAJOR clothing labels, websites dont make money, and board makers/tract/clothin/stores already pay to sponsor riders
    Poorboy was VERY dedicated and more than some board makers.

Poorboy helped me throw 3 to 4 contests.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by hobo

Maybe not dedicated, but there are what, 3 sources of traction for skimboards and almost every single person that buys a board buys at least some sort of traction product. Sems to me that those companies would be wise to have a vested interest in supporting the sport.

from the sounds of it allyance may have not tried hard enought o GET sponsors. idk though, who knows..
    mmm tom green

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by slottyskimmerIZ
    from the sounds of it allyance may have not tried hard enought o GET sponsors. idk though, who knows..
    Only so much you can do when they laugh in your face, as Allyance mentioned.

who knows if thats true though? thats part of what I was saying.
    mmm tom green

banned

98ejopifs90ifj-9dsu-9u34-h9ed-0=034t=04=0tedfd lecric shave. blade close, lecric smooth!

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

thanks, bro

Skimboarder

Wow I am glad i got to read that whole thing before it got deleted... now the real question is who deleted it? and why

Tourist

Victoria Skimboards would like to make a statement regarding the whole drama surrounding Allyance and the recent Aliso event. We appreciate the efforts that have been made by Allyance Clothing to support the sport of skimboarding and help try to grow the sport. From the beginning Allyance has put money into riders (Koty Lopez, Jaime Lovett, Morgan Just, and Bill Bryan) and into the skim industry knowing that the returns would be little to nothing. Their efforts have been forthcoming because they like the sport and the people behind the sport. In case it is not known, Allyance put up all of the prize money for West St. ($3,000) and for Cabo ($5,000) on their own without help from outside sponsors. This is just the prize money and of course there are costs associated with each event that make the monetary outlay that much more. The bottom line here is Allyance has been trying to help the sport grow and we should all recognize that and not dwell on the prize purse for Aliso.

In regards to Aliso, there was some misunderstanding between where Victoria Skimboards stood and where Allyance stood that never fully got rectified before the event. Victoria Skimboards wanted to "lessen our load" so to speak as the contest has always been a huge drain on the company during one of our busiest times of the year. It was our goal to just be a part of the event as a monetary sponsor which is where Allyance stepped in. It turned out that Allyance could not get the permits for Aliso and Victoria could so we began to help out with the event. More and more responsibility fell on the lap of Victoria Skimboards through necessity and we stepped up to the plate to make sure the event could happen. Do not discredit the input from Allyance (time spent on tee shirts, gathering sponsors, etc.) as they worked hard to help make the event happen for all of the skimboarders. The prize purse boiled down what was available in the budget which even though most people (including ourselves) do not like but it is a fact of life.

Through it all, we ask that you do not focus so much on the negative but focus on what can be done to keep the event at Aliso and help make it bigger for next year. Victoria Skimboards has always been there and will always be there for the sport and we ask that you begin to contribute to help this "cottage industry" grow and gain the recognition that it so rightfully deserves.

Thread Information