Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 106 to 140 of 277
  1. #106
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,243
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    yes there is, if i wanted a system that i had to wait 2 months everytime the piece of shit breaks id buy xbox, if i wanted a system that runs on last gen format discs id buy xbox, if i wanted to play a buncha generic shooters id play xbox...halo is over rated, every single one of xbox's games all have been done before, drakes fortune is an awesome game, resistance is cool, killzone's graphics are pretty much unbeatable, and i could give a shit and a quarter less about halo...its overrated, the only game that xbox has that truely impresses me is bioshock, and if you know anything about economics, it doesnt pay for ANY company to not go multiplatform, its economiclly unsound to do such, why make 10 million when i can make 35 to put it on 2 systems? and eventually xbox is going to be limited by its small information size on shitty dvd's....so idk what your trying to proove? your basiclly saying xbox is better because it has a bunch generic overrated fps's.... halo is played out and boring, plus your forgetting about all the shit the ps3 comes with making it a far superior system, as well as superior processing power, i mean look at hd-dvd's, yes great investment microsoft -_- atleast ps3 has some kind of assortment in its games like i said, xbox's entire lineup consists of nothing but fps's. instead of using logic your just going straight to fanboyism, ps3 literally has everygame xbox does except for maybe what? 15 or so exclusives...all fps's.

  2. #107
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,439
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    copy on hold for me right now

  3. #108
    ಠ_ಠ
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Flawda
    Posts
    6,282
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    *Halo is not overrated, You just haven't played it enough
    ** I use my DVD PLayer for watching movies, therefore i don't need some fancy shit blu ray disc player
    ***Your jealous

  4. #109
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LI HxC
    yes there is, if i wanted a system that i had to wait 2 months everytime the piece of shit breaks id buy xbox, if i wanted a system that runs on last gen format discs id buy xbox, if i wanted to play a buncha generic shooters id play xbox...halo is over rated, every single one of xbox's games all have been done before, drakes fortune is an awesome game, resistance is cool, killzone's graphics are pretty much unbeatable, and i could give a shit and a quarter less about halo...its overrated, the only game that xbox has that truely impresses me is bioshock, and if you know anything about economics, it doesnt pay for ANY company to not go multiplatform, its economiclly unsound to do such, why make 10 million when i can make 35 to put it on 2 systems? and eventually xbox is going to be limited by its small information size on shitty dvd's....so idk what your trying to proove? your basiclly saying xbox is better because it has a bunch generic overrated fps's.... halo is played out and boring, plus your forgetting about all the shit the ps3 comes with making it a far superior system, as well as superior processing power, i mean look at hd-dvd's, yes great investment microsoft -_- atleast ps3 has some kind of assortment in its games like i said, xbox's entire lineup consists of nothing but fps's. instead of using logic your just going straight to fanboyism, ps3 literally has everygame xbox does except for maybe what? 15 or so exclusives...all fps's.
    lets break this down into parts to prove how retarded you are:

    1. The Xbox did have problems, they were fixed. First gen PS3s had problems as well, people seem to forget that. Support systems are in place that fix the Xbox anyway and it is an old issue. The RROD problem only occurred after thousands of hours of gameplay anyway and was replaced for free.

    2. Blu-Ray is sweet, so how many games truly take advantage of it? Oh none, so none of the games fully maximize the Blu-Ray tech? oh so they run just as well as 360 games...oh I see.

    3. Yea, one of the highest rated and purchased games of all time is overrated. I agree. Hahaha, this just shows how much of a fanboy you are. And for the record I owned a PS2, the PS2 was great and I was going to purchase a PS3 and I still might...WHEN THEY EVER GET ANY frackING GAMES.

    4. GOW's graphics compares easily with Killzone as does Bioshock's.

    5. Do I know anything about Economics? hahaha, you must really not know me. But then let me pose this question to you: why are there exclusive titles then? Is it because the parent company is smart and locks down their franchise in order to boost sales on their consoles? Maybe if PS3 was smart enough to do that they wouldve got more people to buy their shitty console.

    6. The max space on the "shitty" dvds as you put it, is still running at a higher capacity than the shitty games available for the PS3. If they maxed out their capacity then yes Blu-Ray would be superior, but has it happened or better question will it ever happen before the next generation of consoles is available? 2011? 2015? will they be even close to using the capacity by either of those years? If not, then they are going to be too late.

    7. Generic overrated FPSs huh? In your grandiose opinion right? because each of the "generic overrated" games have been rated by unbiased sources as tops in their class and nothing short of revolutionary. I can see how some PS3 fanboy would believe THEIR opinion is valid in an argument instead of looking at the FACTS like I am.

    8. You like how I listed as up and coming games for xbox as: TOO Human, Fable 2, GOW 2, and Ninja Gaiden 2. Which is an FPS? TOO Human oh no thats an action adventure game, Fable 2 the action RPG? oh not that one. How about GOW 2? third person shooter, well shooter is in it so half credit. How about Ninja Gaiden 2? nope thats an action game. Well you seemed to have struck out on this one.

    9. One final note...you said all I listed was FPS games as why Xbox 360 has quality, correct? where is the PS3's list of any quality at all?
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  5. #110
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,243
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmmySkim24
    *Halo is not overrated, You just haven't played it enough
    ** I use my DVD PLayer for watching movies, therefore i don't need some fancy shit blu ray disc player
    ***Your jealous

    k, watch your movies in stadard def, thats your choice, and your right, i dont want to play halo, because its like every other fps ever released, and jealous of what? faulty hardware? so much your right =]

  6. #111
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,436
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    since when do people still buy movies anyway? if you are buying movies on blu ray to watch on your ps3 you are a chump. there is this neat thing called the internet, download HD movies from there instead...

  7. #112
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,243
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    1. I never heard of any such problems with ps3, so I don’t know what your talking about
    2. Even if games don’t take advantage of blu-ray this year, 2 or 3 years from now when dvd’s cant hold nearly as much info as blu-rays, we’ll talk, most people agree that gta iv pushes the compression limits of dvds, hence your 20 hour loading times and inferior graphics to the ps3’s
    3. im a fanboy because I don’t like halo? No im a realist, I don’t like halo because its ovverated, Ive played it, and thought it was rather bland and generic
    4. gears of wars graphics, cannot even come close to rendering the amount of detail and lighting as killzone 2.
    5. if you know about economics, then yes I do agree that companies do need exclusives, it benefeits most 3rd party producers to go multiplatform….halo wars is going multiplatform, just one example.
    6. like I said compression rates were already pushed for the xbox’s “shitty dvds” and as for too late? That’s why every company who agreed to carry hd-dvd’s has stopped and switched to blue ray, blu ray is outselling dvd’s 4-1 as of right now, so its only a matter of a year or so.
    7. my opinion? Many devout halo players have said halo 3 isnt as near as good as halo 1 and 2 and many other officials such as gametrailers and IGN have all said its not as good as 2.…I played halo 1, it was pretty fun, after that, it sucked, the only facts you’ve said so far is that xbox has more games, other then that you’ve just said that its lacking exclusives so….
    8. lets compare for a second retard….
    GOW third person shooter – MGS 4
    Fable 2 action/rpg – Final Fantasy XIII
    Ninga Gaiden – New Persian prince
    Just to name a few
    9. List of qualities? Everything I just said is a quality, from blu-ray, to its game, to its free internet service ect. Ect.
    But your just going to continue arguing in invalid points so im done. If you have anything resemling intelligence youd acknowledge these points

  8. #113
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,436
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    btw, the biggest loading time in GTA IV on 360 is the 30 second load at the start of the game... unless there is some feature that becomes available after leaving my xbox on for 20 hours...?

    btw i wouldnt be so proud of your free internet service on ps3. Who gives a shit if something is free when it sucks major balls

  9. #114
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junwin
    btw, the biggest loading time in GTA IV on 360 is the 30 second load at the start of the game... unless there is some feature that becomes available after leaving my xbox on for 20 hours...?
    haha thats what I was going to say, I only say number 2 and then you posted this. The beginning load is the longest and then its less than 10 seconds for anything else.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  10. #115
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LI HxC
    3.im a fanboy because I don’t like halo? No im a realist, I don’t like halo because its ovverated, Ive played it, and thought it was rather bland and generic
    4.gears of wars graphics, cannot even come close to rendering the amount of detail and lighting as killzone 2.
    6.like I said compression rates were already pushed for the xbox’s “shitty dvds” and as for too late? That’s why every company who agreed to carry hd-dvd’s has stopped and switched to blue ray, blu ray is outselling dvd’s 4-1 as of right now, so its only a matter of a year or so.
    7.my opinion? Many devout halo players have said halo 3 isnt as near as good as halo 1 and 2 and many other officials such as gametrailers and IGN have all said its not as good as 2.…I played halo 1, it was pretty fun, after that, it sucked, the only facts you’ve said so far is that xbox has more games, other then that you’ve just said that its lacking exclusives so….
    8.lets compare for a second retard….
    GOW third person shooter – MGS 4
    Fable 2 action/rpg – Final Fantasy XIII
    Ninga Gaiden – New Persian prince
    9. List of qualities? Everything I just said is a quality, from blu-ray, to its game, to its free internet service ect. Ect.
    But your just going to continue arguing in invalid points so im done. If you have anything resemling intelligence youd acknowledge these points
    Holy shit, you cannot be this dumb this is an insane level of retardation.

    1. the way you are sucking Sony's dick makes you a fanboy. Halo is one of the highest rated franchises of all time. IF Halo 2 was a 10, and Halo 3 is a 9.9 is Halo 3 a bad game or is Halo 2 just better? Its anything but bland and generic holy shit there have been 3 revolutions in FPSs: Doom, GoldenEye, and Halo.

    2. Have you seen GOW in HD? Kiss my ass fanboy you dont know shit.

    3. wtf is your point? this has nothing to do with video games. a year or so is a long fracking time. Xbox came out in 2005, so a year is 2009 or so is 2010 plus, think about what Microsoft is doing right now.

    4. Read number 1

    5. Here we begin you missing the point. YOU said that Xbox 360 only has FPSs and I pointed out that you are a fracking idiot because you didnt notice that the LIST that I put didnt even have a FPS. I know PS3 has multiple genres AS DOES XBOX which is why your argument was pointless.

    6. Everything you said? Most werent even released yet so how can you say they are quality WHEN THEY ARENT OUT YET? Do you notice the support I have in my arguments because MY ARGUMENTS are based in facts not opinions. You saying Halo is overrated is YOUR OPINION I just pointed to the unbiased reviews that say otherwise. Blu-Ray isnt being maxed to its potential, THERE ARE NO GAMES, the free internet service is so bad it makes the $50 fee for Xbox live seem like a bargain, I said that already if you paid attention. About $4 a month is more than worth what Xbox live provides.

    and if you have any arguments "resembling" fact then I will listen.

    edit: holy shit I didnt even list MASS EFFECT, that game alone is better than any game PS3 has on its current roster. frack, Crackdown wouldve been the biggest seller on PS3.
    Last edited by RavesIsBack; 04-30-2008 at 06:17 PM.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  11. #116
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moving back to Michigan!
    Posts
    2,012
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Bioshock is coming out on PS3

    And Resistance 2... 60 person multiplayer.
    "The strong will stand, the weak will fall by the wayside."

  12. #117
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,436
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    ....ill save raves the trouble. those games arent out yet. thats the point. ps3 doesnt have any games out...

  13. #118
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Moving back to Michigan!
    Posts
    2,012
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Yeah true, thats why I play halo
    "The strong will stand, the weak will fall by the wayside."

  14. #119
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    well the thing did anyone here honestly believe that GTA was a multi-platformer before this year? I mean it was available for Xbox...a year after the original game release on PS. I know technically its a multi-platformer but it certainly didnt feel that way when half of your friends were laughing at you for a year and then when you finally got it they were like "you are just playing? lmao noob."
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  15. #120
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,436
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    i remember when i had the GTAs on ps2 that there were claims that Playstation had the exlusive rights for 4 years or something. and i had many a lol at my neighbour for owning an xbox. but it came out like a year later and the lols subsided.

  16. #121
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    dude seriously though a year later? i mean you miss the entire wave of the game and especially with the multiplayer now that would be death. Who would still be around playing a game a year later?
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  17. #122
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    if your talking about halo, im sorry but your wrong about it being game of the year, bioshock won that award

  18. #123
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    who said that?
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  19. #124
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    google "bioshock wins game of the year, there is like 3 different sources it won it from


    not to take anything away from halo though, bioshock iis a completeley different game genre

  20. #125
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    dude, who are you arguing with?
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  21. #126
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    irb-clw
    Posts
    3,874
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    bio shock did win game of the year but in sales halo was way top...halo does get old after a while but its still fun to tinker with....
    team lift

    {noahb}when i get high it fracks me upyou know those flip books when you flip the pages it makes a movie kinda,when i get hight thats what i look at

  22. #127
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    ..........

  23. #128
    candy-ass
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    speaker city
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    back on subject, am i the only one who thinks gtaiv's soundtrack is lacking compared to the previous gta's?

  24. #129
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    seriously nobody said Halo 3 was game of the year, although Halo was game of the year.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  25. #130
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,436
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skimmybits
    back on subject, am i the only one who thinks gtaiv's soundtrack is lacking compared to the previous gta's?
    you most definately are. Liberty Rock is such a good station, they play ELO man.... ELO!

  26. #131
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skimmybits
    back on subject, am i the only one who thinks gtaiv's soundtrack is lacking compared to the previous gta's?
    it actually seemed deeper to me. They have a ton of songs, but the political radio station seems to be lacking. I always listen to those stations because they have ridiculous commentary.

    "I am a committed liberal and I just want to say 'frack CONSERVATIVES, WE SHOULD ROUND THEM UP AND BURN THEM ALL'" hahaha I had to pull the car over, that was awesome and then when I almost hit someone he yelled, "fracking republican."
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  27. #132
    Skimboarder
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    i am sorry raves, i quickly skimmed through your reply and misinterpreted that you said halo won game of the year, i just got back from practice, and im tired as frack. excuse me for my mistake

  28. #133
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    yea when I said Games of the Year I was referring to GOW and Bioshock
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  29. #134
    candy-ass
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    speaker city
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    the only other thing that let me down was not being able to fly planes

  30. #135
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    going to be honest, the lack of attractive prostitutes is a let down. I was driving around with red flashing health and was like "cool a prostitute" and started honking at this chick, turns out she was just an average whore that dresses like a whore and fracks for free, but for money she gets pissed and runs away. The only prostitutes I found were these enormous fat black chicks that almost broke my car when she hopped on my dick.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  31. #136
    candy-ass
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    speaker city
    Posts
    5,707
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RavesIsBack
    going to be honest, the lack of attractive prostitutes is a let down. I was driving around with red flashing health and was like "cool a prostitute" and started honking at this chick, turns out she was just an average whore that dresses like a whore and fracks for free, but for money she gets pissed and runs away. The only prostitutes I found were these enormous fat black chicks that almost broke my car when she hopped on my dick.
    lol i thought it was funny how when you first make a sexytime with michelle you get a "warm coffee" achievement. i remember when the whole "hot coffee" mod came out my local toys r us wanted to ban san andreas

  32. #137
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    haha yea, I was talking to Peluso about that and had to explain the whole hot coffee thing to him. I actually wrote a research paper about why video games create political outcomes and the main focus was on Mortal Kombat and GTA: San Andreas. The prostitute animations are far more vivid now. Still no nudity but you can tell whats going down (her head for 50 bucks).
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  33. #138
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    the driving physics are kicking my ass still
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

  34. #139
    Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,085
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    ^^ thats one of the thing I don't like about this one , and running slow

  35. #140
    SOMB Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In your banshee...jacking your kills!!
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    i hate that he doesnt know how to shut a fracking car door
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Logout