Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 180 of 199 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 6,266 to 6,300 of 6953
    Skimboarder

Wow, awesome Trevor!
    Heres some more off my Spotmatic:

01050006 by Tlarkk, on Flickr

01050013 by Tlarkk, on Flickr

01050008 by Tlarkk, on Flickr
    http://www.youtube.com/TlarkArts
    Willing to edit your skim videos! PM for details.

Skimboarder

Third one is my fav Tlark. Like always, sick shot Sacto.

Here are my last two:
    Bought a cheap 35mm waterproof cam. Only thing that sucks, it cant focus. Oh well. Took this from the water

And a ghost photo
    Last edited by JC Lemay; 05-09-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Skimboarder

Oops huge pics

Skimboarder

Cool shots guys!

Wyatt you are going to need to come to a EuroSunday event soon!
    Another one.

Which Jet Today? by Trevor Thompson, on Flickr
    [President : ActivFilms.TV] [Head Photographer/Lead Marketer : GT Auto Lounge] [Head Photographer/Marketer : Diamond Autosport] [West Coast Photographer : Carrtel] [Media : Luxury4play] [President/Event Coordinator : LeFestino]

Skimboarder

Whens the next EuroSunday?

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by skimin!kid View Post
    Whens the next EuroSunday?
    I will be there with a large group/caravan.
    DATE: Sunday, May 27th, 2012

TIME: 8:00 - 10:30am

2200 Front Street
    Sacramento Ca, 95818

I get to drive this thing there

In the Wild by Trevor Thompson, on Flickr
    [President : ActivFilms.TV] [Head Photographer/Lead Marketer : GT Auto Lounge] [Head Photographer/Marketer : Diamond Autosport] [West Coast Photographer : Carrtel] [Media : Luxury4play] [President/Event Coordinator : LeFestino]

Skimboarder

Awesome ill plan on going. In that shot is that a tilt shift or just a really shallow dof?

Skimboarder

Just shallow DOF, used the 70-200 F/4L

Talking dirty to food

JC I love that plump sunbather. Right place at the right time for that one!

The surfer you caught between the poles is great. Nice timing on the surfer's movements and general composition. Works really well B&W also Skiminkid.

Tlark love the film colours. Perfect exposure on your last one.

JC the girl walking in the green light is really nice. The puddle adds a bit of foreground interest and the subject picks up where it leaves off.

Trevor, your panning shots are nice and crisp. The orange glow combined with the blue-ish tint to the road give it a movie poster feel. I looked at your exif and your shutter is at 1/100. You ever try it slowed down to 1/60, 50, or 40? I read up on shooting racing cars and they recommended panning at around those speeds. I helped my cousin finish his photography project in highschool (or one of his projects at least) and one assignment was to show movement in a photo. So we went out and sat beside a highway and practiced panning. He uploaded them to flickr and they turned out pretty good after we edited a couple. Here's a panning shot at 1/60. IMGS3718 by Tyler.Misner, on Flickr

I checked the exif on your "Which Jet" photo too, as to me something's up with it. It looks really soft compared to your other images. I noticed you were shooting at 1.8, which is at that aperture that lens is known to produce soft results. Did you bring a tripod to that shoot? Might have helped, so you could close your aperture up a bit more. That or bring your ISO a bit higher than 100. Don't mean to pry, but I thought I'd mention.

Almost forgot, Skiminkid, your snow powder shot is amazing. I love the processing on it. Really powerful image IMO.

Objects in mirror by Gn!pGnop, on Flickr
    This one is with the 50mm manual lens. It's a bitch to focus in low light, which sucks since that's sort of why I bought it.

ghost by Gn!pGnop, on Flickr
    Posting this one large so you can see the detail in the moss. Loved shooting in these conditions (even though it was fracking cold at the time).

Spring Ice by Gn!pGnop, on Flickr
    Used this in another photo I edited above. Polarizer to cut through the reflections in the water and emphasis the gradual transition from sky to water.

Here's some recents of my own.
    I'm so adjective, I verb nouns!

Skimboarder

I would have shot at a lower shutter but as the cars were traveling at a rate between 100-120mph at that point I decided to at 1/100-1/125 to follow that "rule" of keeping the shutter near the speed of which the car is traveling =) Thats why my rolling shots on the road are usually set at 1/60-1/80th. And with my private jet shots since I wasn't prepared to have a shoot like that I did not bring my tripod and resorted to shooting at the lowest F/ and a low shutter which is why they are a bit soft. I try my absolute best to keep my ISO at 100 as my post production can be heavier at times I want as little noise as possible.

Love that last shot! So calming

Plus a few more from Ferrari Challenge I forgot about

ActivFilms.TV + Luxury4Play.com | Ferrari Challenge 2012 by Trevor Thompson, on Flickr

This shot is Facebook and Instagram "famous" haha

ActivFilms.TV + Luxury4Play.com | Ferrari Challenge 2012 by Trevor Thompson, on Flickr

Skimboarder

The colors in the Objects in Mirror pic are dope Gnip... some good stuff.
    Trevor that first shot is cash man (all of em are actually)

Skimboarder

Oh and Skiminkid the fourth is my fav, but all of them are really nice. I love B&W shots.

Skimboarder

stuff from last shoot:

Skimbrasil
    Skimacumba

Skimboarder

Skimbrasil
    Skimacumba

Skimboarder

Gabriel I really love those shots! The soft tones work so well.

Soo I went to the coast this weekend with the girl, and this is the only shot worth editing.... Nothing to do with the beach or anything... Was nice to get away for a few days though haha.

Ginger

#2 is rad. love that hipster tattoo and the irony of her feather earring with her feather tattoo. But in all seriousness, the shots looks good. Love the grain.
    National College Skim Association- Founder/President
    Extreme Outdoor Supply- Team Rider
    Island Water Sports- Team Rider

Skimboarder

thanks guys! i really wanted em to look soft. the grain was intentional too, i shot in iso 100 but grained in lightroom.

before this shoot, i was like 3 months without taking photos and then she came to me asking for pictures and i was so excited to shoot again! we were at the beach for only half hour though, we had to leave when started to rain.
    but i kinda like one or two of these, makes me want to be a photographer again
    Skimbrasil
    Skimacumba

Talking dirty to food

4 and 6 do it for me. great expression

Skimboarder

Pretty Cool pics... Where were they taken??

Skimboarder

Figured I would post these if anyone was interested in seeing the befores

Talking dirty to food

Ahh that explains the shadow in the light coming from the window! Thank's for posting! I love before and afters.

Skimboarder

So sick I love seeing raws.... dope shots
    Pictures from my cheap 35mm

Skimboarder

Took this with a 400mm 2.8 2 weeks ago at a drag race. Nitrous shooting from the pipes. Love this lens!

Skimboarder

Anyone on here have lightroom by Adobe? Looked into it for editing, was curious what people had to say about it.

Skimboarder

lightroom is actually the only software i use to edit my photos. it works perfectly for me.
    Skimbrasil
    Skimacumba

Skimboarder

I use lightroom for pretty much all of my color correction/to achieve the main look for my image. Then bring it into photoshop to do the final tweaks and more tedious things.

I would say get it though, such a great program once you learn the interface

Skimboarder

Thanks for the input, think I need a photo editing software that will go a step further than my iphone which I usually just add sharpness. Thanks!

Not the Father

you edit photos you took with a 7k dollar lens on an iphone?
    hows my posting?
    Let me know 954 - 805-6715

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by njskimmer8 View Post
    Took this with a 400mm 2.8 2 weeks ago at a drag race. Nitrous shooting from the pipes. Love this lens!

wheres that? raceway park?

Finally shot stuff again, and it should be pretty cool. I'm about to go drop off some slides, and then I'll do teh black and white when I get home next thursday.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by a_pla5tic_bag View Post
    wheres that? raceway park?

Finally shot stuff again, and it should be pretty cool. I'm about to go drop off some slides, and then I'll do teh black and white when I get home next thursday.
    Maple Grove, ADRL was the organization running and who I shoot with.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrith View Post
    you edit photos you took with a 7k dollar lens on an iphone?
    no it all gets imported onto my macbook and I edit it from there. haha I meant to say Iphoto. The lens was 12k haha 400mm 2.8

brooklyn

ditch that water mark. shits whack
    damn infractions

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by GnarKill1029 View Post
    ditch that water mark. shits whack
    I hate when other photographers try to steal my work and take credit on websites. It's happened before, so I put it on there now. You can barely see it.

Skimboarder

Yeah I get people stealing my pictures all the time, usually the company's that are featured on the cars I shoot steal my shots and post. I still like to keep my watermark off the subject of the picture as it kind of ruins the shot usually. Make it smaller and throw it in the bottom left so people can enjoy the shot.

Edit : I'll add a few more from Ferrari Challenge if anyone is interested.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by SACTO skim View Post
    Yeah I get people stealing my pictures all the time, usually the company's that are featured on the cars I shoot steal my shots and post. I still like to keep my watermark off the subject of the picture as it kind of ruins the shot usually. Make it smaller and throw it in the bottom left so people can enjoy the shot.

Edit : I'll add a few more from Ferrari Challenge if anyone is interested.

I put it in the center cause some people go the distance of cropping it out if it were on the bottom. So I keep it safe and put it in the middle just lightly.

Thread Information