Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Industry Dude

The movie was a little drawn out but I give it a B-.

SOMB Veteran

in regards to the dark knight trailer....

going to be epic, heath ledger is a badass joker

SOMB Veteran

if you mean by "badass" that his "ass" is going to be "bad" from all the ass pounding then yes. Otherwise, Jack will always be joker
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

Industry Dude

Jack was badass but come on Tim Burton destroyed the joker.

SOMB Veteran

...no, because Jack owned it

You ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE
    [QUOTE=longislandskim]You are just a douschebag. you commit many acts of douschebaggery. you need to takes raves interwebz fighting 101 summer class. or just take a seat.[/QUOTE]

Industry Dude

I am sorry but Jack is a great actor but he can't portray the true joker from DC comics. He was not "mad" enough. The new one is right on key for modern terms.

SOMB Veteran

oh yea, forgive me for defending a movie THAT I HAVE SEEN versus a movie that IS NOT OUT YET. I can see how you would so easily jump ahead and say, "omg from that trailer like heath is the greetest as teh joker, i would brokeback secks him lol"
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

Industry Dude

From the trailer alone I got enough. The image is mainly what I am defending.

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by narwhal
    From the trailer alone I got enough.
    hence my laughter towards you, because trailers ALWAYS mimic the entire movie

and dont get me wrong, I hope its great because I loved Batman Begins, but you have seen nothing other than a trailer and are going up against Jack's Joker.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RavesIsBack
    I can see how you would so easily jump ahead and say, "omg from that trailer like heath is the greetest as teh joker, i would brokeback secks him lol"
    im sorry but did i miss the part where someone actually said that?

its easy to prove people wrong when you use quotes that you make up....

SOMB Veteran

ah i see, heath is an aussie so you must defend him relentlessly, got it
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

SOMB Veteran

ah i see, jack is an american so you must defend him relentlessly, got it

SOMB Veteran

yea thats exactly whats going on, nice job taking what I said and using it instead of coming up with something original. Truly the half-assed thing to do.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

SOMB Veteran

Nice job pulling up something completely irrelevant, like where he was born, and using that as a reason to make my opinion seem unjustified.

Seriously, did you find a pimple on your dick this morning? somethings got you in a bitchy mood

Your bad at grammar.

i am legend was great. i got a little misty.
    ForeverSkim - Editor/Owner/Art Director/Etc
    20/30north Studios - Print/Web/Motion

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by junwin

your FIRST post to me (and it's so friendly too) and I am the one with the problem? now you are unoriginal and a hypocrite, I love it.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

SOMB Veteran

A) Making a joke by taking your post and subsituting my own words doesnt make me unoriginal

B) My first post in this thread was "going to be epic, heath ledger is a badass joker", then you made your snippy comment about homos or whatever, and then i said that to you. so yeh, you are the one with the problem.

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by someone with originality
    ah i see, heath is an aussie so you must defend him relentlessly, got it

Quote Originally Posted by unoriginal bastard
    ah i see, jack is an american so you must defend him relentlessly, got it

pla·gia·rism /ˈpleɪdʒəˌrɪzəm, -dʒiəˌrɪz-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.
    2. the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as if they were your own

oh and as per my snippy comment, it was to Narwhal and how he was acting. pay attention next time sweetheart and you might not embarrass yourself so much.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

Industry Dude

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrskm::Derek
    i am legend was great. i got a little misty.
    You would twinkle toes.

Industry Dude

Move the batman debate to the batman thread.

SOMB Veteran

oh and as per my snippy comment, it was to Narwhal and how he was acting. pay attention next time sweetheart and you might not embarrass yourself so much.
    errr, no... it wasnt

Quote Originally Posted by me
    heath ledger is a badass joker
    Quote Originally Posted by you
    if you mean by "badass" that his "ass" is going to be "bad" from all the ass pounding then yes. Otherwise, Jack will always be joker
    im going to be "UNORIGINAL" now: pay attention next time sweetheart and you might not embarrass yourself so much.

SOMB Veteran

I think the woman scored me Omega Man on HD-DVD for Xmas! The transfer is supposed to be amazing (and I need to see Chuck Heston kick monster ass in HD!!).

Omega Man was another shot at making a movie of I Am Legend.

SOMB Veteran

I can see how you would so easily jump ahead and say, "omg from that trailer like heath is the greetest as teh joker, i would brokeback secks him lol"

if you learned to quote what you had beef with then there wouldnt be confusion; THIS comment, which you quoted, was TO NARWHAL as I stated. If you quoted MY POST TO YOU then we wouldnt have this problem, but apparently just like the toilets, shit goes down backwards in Australia
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

Mustached Gent

hmmm i am legend makes me interested in 28 days later. never saw that one, but i heard it's good

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DT
    I think the woman scored me Omega Man on HD-DVD for Xmas! The transfer is supposed to be amazing (and I need to see Chuck Heston kick monster ass in HD!!).Omega Man was another shot at making a movie of I Am Legend.
    how do they do that anyway? take like 30 year old movie and suddenly up the resolution to HD?

Mustached Gent

i imagine they take the original film master and re-digitize it.

SOMB Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BART
    hmmm i am legend makes me interested in 28 days later. never saw that one, but i heard it's good
    didnt see I am legend yet, but 28 days later was a solid movie that wasnt really scary but more trippy and uncertain with lots of running. I enjoyed it.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

SOMB Veteran

if you learned to quote what you had beef with then there wouldnt be confusion; THIS comment, which you quoted, was TO NARWHAL as I stated. If you quoted MY POST TO YOU then we wouldnt have this problem, but apparently just like the toilets, shit goes down backwards in Australia
    so when i said "my first post in this thread was...THEN you said...about homos" you didnt think that maybe i was talking about the post that was directly under mine.....................by you..................about homos?

well apparently, just like voters in Florida, you fracked it up

and also (thanks to BART): its not plagiarism
    Quote Originally Posted by the internets
    PARODY
    # a composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way
    # make a spoof of or make fun of
    # humorous or satirical mimicry

SOMB Veteran

i imagine they take the original film master and re-digitize it.
    Exactly. Also once they have it in digital format, they can re-process color, artifacts, re-encode the audio, process it for 5.1/DTS, etc.

I got the Original Trek Season 1 on HD-D and it looks amazing (not like Heroes or Transformers HD good, but excellent for a 60's TV show). the re-recorded the theme, manually touched up hours of video and reshot a good number of the FX scenes (all the stuff in space looks awesome).

SOMB Veteran

I usually go with what PEOPLE QUOTE as what they are having beef with. Maybe you didnt have beef with that quote but had a problem with the "brokeback secks him lol" which IMPLIED homos hence your homos statement. way to bring up Florida in a completely irrelevant point to try to be somewhat humorous, another fail.

which brings me to my next point, parody is humorous as your point made, which I would say was a far and wide stretch from your post. Your post was weak at best and your sad rebuttals have been even worse. I cannot tell if I am more disappointed in your lack of wit or your lack of originality, but one thing I do know is that I am greatly disappointed.

ouch way to rat out BART, but BART always tries to bring me down from behind closed doors and not on the page himself. I take it as a compliment, trying to help the lowly ones who obviously cannot help themselves against me, but do not realize that by using what someone else said (you in this case BART) that they AGAIN ARE UNORIGINAL. Nice try, comeback when you come up with your own words, you are a big boy now mmmmkay.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

SOMB Veteran

Thats great if you dont think im funny, usually in an argument, i dont expect a compliment from the other person. And enough excuses about how what i said confused you, and you werent sure which post i was referring to. You know now, and i was right, you said some antagonistic shit when narwhal and i were saying that the joker in the trailer looks good. Be a Nicholson fanboy if you want to, im sure his old balls can still take a riding.

And i wasnt ratting out BART, i was giving credit where its due. Something i though you might appreciate considering your fracking vendetta against those who commit "plagiarism". And yeh, just to reiterate, whether you think its funny or not, youre wrong, its a spoof of what you said. But you can keep dwelling on that one joke i made if you like, although that might be what one of us "Lowly ones" would do, so be careful...

Mustached Gent

ouch way to rat out BART, but BART always tries to bring me down from behind closed doors and not on the page himself. I take it as a compliment, trying to help the lowly ones who obviously cannot help themselves against me, but do not realize that by using what someone else said (you in this case BART) that they AGAIN ARE UNORIGINAL. Nice try, comeback when you come up with your own words, you are a big boy now mmmmkay.
    hahaha

and not bringing you down, just couldn't believe you missed that.

SOMB Veteran

Thats great if you dont think im funny, usually in an argument, i dont expect a compliment from the other person. And enough excuses about how what i said confused you, and you werent sure which post i was referring to. You know now, and i was right, you said some antagonistic shit when narwhal and i were saying that the joker in the trailer looks good. Be a Nicholson fanboy if you want to, im sure his old balls can still take a riding.

And i wasnt ratting out BART, i was giving credit where its due. Something i though you might appreciate considering your fracking vendetta against those who commit "plagiarism". And yeh, just to reiterate, whether you think its funny or not, youre wrong, its a spoof of what you said. But you can keep dwelling on that one joke i made if you like, although that might be what one of us "Lowly ones" would do, so be careful...
    1. The compliment was to BART, the fact that he helped you against me I took as a compliment

2. MAYBE THATS BECAUSE YOUR DUMBASS POSTED A DIFFERENT QUOTE???? did you ever think about that smart guy? If I quoted something you wrote and then made a comment about it, wouldnt you think I was talking about the quote? are you fracking serious right now or just that stupid? I am really unsure and that should make you nervous.

3. I made a joke about ass pounding regarding Heath Ledger, that you ignored, then I made a comment to Narwhal, that you addressed, regarding the fact that ITS A TRAILER and Jack's Joker is iconic. I dont even like Jack that much, other than Batman, the Shining, and the Departed, but it was YOUR love of Ledger that I called out FIRST (again you are a step behind). I in fact liked Ledger in Knight's Tale and the Patriot and I hope he does well as Joker, but every one is jumping all over A TRAILER when I just said, lets wait and see.

4. I am glad you finally understand giving credit where its due. IF anything comes out of this conversation, it at least will be that I saved you the hardship of getting expelled from Kangaroo U. for plagiarism. BUT I guess plagiarism is just a spoof of what someone else said right? High five for using your own words though.
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

SOMB Veteran

and not bringing you down, just couldn't believe you missed that.
    apparently he missed it too
    RANDOM PELUSO LOVE

Mustached Gent

this is true.

and i take it as a compliment that you see me mentioning it as a compliment.

ooops plagarism my bad.

Thread Information