Welcome to the Skim Online Message Boards.

Hybrid View

I'm with stupid

Default Yes! Nudie Magazine Day II

It's that time once again to post the thread that no one else really responded to or seemed to enjoy last time. but thats ok since I am really doing this to kill time at work.

A whole slew of new trailers are on apple.com/trailers so here are my reviews of the movie based solely upon that and my movie opinions.

Get Smart / C+: It's starring steve carrell thats a plus. It's another remake of a shiddy tv show that was before my time, thats a minus. As far as I remember an A and a F average out to a C but i'll give it a tad bit more cause carell is pretty great.

10,000 BC / C (with the potential to be even worse highly probable) : Hey thats a neat idea having a film take place 10k years ago. "Clan of The Cave Bear" was great and so was "Encino Man" so this should be good........ Possibly can redeem itself if none of the characters speak english.

Gone Baby Gone / D: Casey Affleck...

The Ten / A-: 10 Stories about the 10 commandments. It has an excellent ensemble cast and wynona making out with a puppet and I like the state. Also the way the voiceover at the end lists the cast is one of the funniest things ever to come from a movie trailer.

Ghosts of Cite' Soleil / B+: I can't tell if this is a documentary or a fictional story but Hati is a fracked up place and as a result definitley rich grounds for engrossing story telling. Wycleff is kind of a wlid card in this whole thing since some stuff he does is great and other shit sucks. Im cautiously optimistic.

Hitman/ D- : There has only been one video game that has been turned into a halfway decent movie and that was over a decade ago. We are due for a good one, but this surely ain't it.

Who's Your Caddy? / D- : Oh white people are soooo lame.

Charlie Bartlett / B- : A private school kid ends up going to public school and becomes the unofficial psychiatrist for the school and hands out drugs. Looks funny but I am a little worried about Scientologist understones.

Shadow of the Moon / A : When I was a little kid I really wanted to be an astronaut. I still do. Seeing trailer made me teary eyed.

Spiderwick / C+ : Capturing the whimsy and magic of a child escaping real life problems through fantasy.......though some of the effects and design look cool.

Feast of Love / C-: A romantic comedy about morgan freeman making out with an old lady.

3:10 To Yuma / B+ : Christian Bale + Western = A + Russel Crowe = B+

Dynamite Warrior / A : (PICK OF THE LITTER) Its got the fight choreographer from "Ong Bak" and the dudes fight hand to hand with explosives. It brings my two loves to the screen.

Rocket Science / A- : Kid feels weird in high school, makes out with hot high school chick and has weird pervert friend. Funny stuff, I am a little adverse to indy-style art direction at this point but the content looks solid.

King of Kong / B- : Grown up super nerds battle to be the best at Donkey Kong, an admirable goal for sure but i think all the drama is kind of fabricated by the film makers. Plus the defending retro games champ is really fracking wierd.

The Golden Compass / B- : Ehh what the frack is up with everything being a goddamned trilogy these days. The effects look cool and some of the cast i respect as actors but it just feels like an attempt to cash in on harry potter/Lotr popularity.

Rush Hour 3 / B+ : I really love jackie chan, probably more than is healthy and the last one with him and chris tucker was still pretty good. However in the back of my mind I still remember being sooooo upset about how much Shanghi Knights sucked compared to Shanghi noon so I know jackie has it in him to frack up a formula that once worked otherwise this would probably be an A.
    no its not a joke haha i was just freaking out cause she gave me dome before and i bust all in this towel, whiped my dick off then fingered her with that hand and i was just like omg omg omg omg, then we did the nasty, i still think i'm straight.

Skimboarder

Thanks for the reviews. I've only heard of a few of these. Some definitely look worth checking out.
    I skim FL poop waves.

Skimboarder

nothing will ever top 300 in my book.

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToSkim
    this much is true
    Aaron Kaplan

I'm with stupid

I think steak and potatos is my favorite dinner.
    no its not a joke haha i was just freaking out cause she gave me dome before and i bust all in this towel, whiped my dick off then fingered her with that hand and i was just like omg omg omg omg, then we did the nasty, i still think i'm straight.

SOMB Veteran

Do you prefer picture books to the fancy ones with words, too?
    "I have not been outdone by any of my friends in doing good, or by any of my enemies in doing harm."
    -Lucius Cornelius Sulla

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by Dzan
    Do you prefer picture books to the fancy ones with words, too?
    haha no books for me. period.
    i just thought 300 was a great movie.

I'm with stupid

haha no books for me. period.
    i just thought 300 was a great movie.
    Nice.

Not the Father

Charlie Bartlett and Rocket Science looked good.
    hows my posting?
    Let me know 954 - 805-6715

Skimboarder

does anyone know what the new hippie movie is called? i saw the trailer in theaters a few weeks ago and i think i remember it being a hippie movie. the trailer was pretty trippy and stuff... anyone know the name?
    You want a rush?...Pull my finger

My name is no longer SkimGrom

I'm with stupid

Quote Originally Posted by SD Garrett
    does anyone know what the new hippie movie is called? i saw the trailer in theaters a few weeks ago and i think i remember it being a hippie movie. the trailer was pretty trippy and stuff... anyone know the name?
    "The Tripper"

Skimboarder

Quote Originally Posted by DjMattyD
    "The Tripper"

That's not it. The trailer looks really trippy and a lot of psychadelic colors and just has hippie written all over it. Wasn't that movie though...Anyone else know what movie I'm talking about?
    You want a rush?...Pull my finger

My name is no longer SkimGrom

SOMB Veteran

Good thread - pretty reasonable pre-viewed assessments too.

I'm with stupid

thanks DT!

THAILAND frack YEAH!

SPF 70

Looks sick, reminds me of ong bak.
    -David Behar

I'm with stupid

read my review

SPF 70

Ahh, didn't realize it was from the reviews. Make's sense why it looks like ong bak, haha.
    -David Behar

Your bad at grammar.

the ten looks really, really funny.

and having not read anything above:

if you go to the official movie site there's an unrated trailer.
    ForeverSkim - Editor/Owner/Art Director/Etc
    20/30north Studios - Print/Web/Motion

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

the new hippie movie is "Across the Universe"

thoughts are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
    They slither while they pass and make their way across the universe
    pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind
    possessing and caressing me.....

Jai Guru Deva..... Ommmmmmmmmmm..............
    Nothing's gonna change my world

seriously one of the greatest songs ever written
    Last edited by ZapBulletRider; 07-17-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Thread Information