PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Building/Cardio

doug
01-31-2007, 10:18 AM
On the same topic as before... I'm working out a lot lately just attempting to gain some weight. I just feel unhealthy only lifting weights... can you significantly gain weight and still do cardio a couple times a week? I'm guessing it should work alright if I load up on good carbs before doing the cardio.

BART
01-31-2007, 10:20 AM
cardio is good for the ticker.

if you do the math, to gain muscle mass you need surplus calories in your diet. if you're doing cardio, you just have to make sure you also are consuming calories to match the cardio expenditure, on top of having your normal calorie surplus for weight gain.

BART
01-31-2007, 10:22 AM
p.s. start eating oatmeal. stuff is like rocket fuel.

Rob G
01-31-2007, 10:40 AM
masterbation with weights on your arms...cardio and muscle building.

p.pointe
01-31-2007, 10:53 AM
doug i never see you in the gym. liar.

eat pasta and lift weights. Weights 3 times a week, cadio in between. Nothing on the weekeneds.

USE MY FUCKING GAZELLE BITCH

doug
01-31-2007, 11:23 AM
I also exercise my liver extensively, so that's good.

p.pointe
01-31-2007, 11:29 AM
doug, thats just extra carbs for more energy the next day.

MDskimmerMAtt
01-31-2007, 11:34 AM
On the same topic as before... I'm working out a lot lately just attempting to gain some weight. I just feel unhealthy only lifting weights... can you significantly gain weight and still do cardio a couple times a week? I'm guessing it should work alright if I load up on good carbs before doing the cardio.
Doug if your working out and trying to gain weight get some Met-Rx powder works great.http://www.metrx.com/shop/parent.aspx?parentID=3&catID=1&xs=36413c8b5d264486bc91961f10f4e6ad

Mapdash
01-31-2007, 11:59 AM
cardio is good for the ticker.

if you do the math, to gain muscle mass you need surplus calories in your diet. if you're doing cardio, you just have to make sure you also are consuming calories to match the cardio expenditure, on top of having your normal calorie surplus for weight gain.

+1 on what bart said.

If you are specifically tying to gain weight then cardio is anti-productive. You are just using up fuel. So you must supplement for those calories.