PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Artwork

PhilipCov
02-28-2011, 03:30 PM
http://capu.pl/node/271?page=1

Some really intriguing artwork that is really fun to interpret what the artist was trying to convey.

CustomKO
02-28-2011, 03:55 PM
I feel like he pops these out like mcdonalds burgers (he doesent switch up style very much). he make statements but they are so obvious its like reading the same book over and over that wasn't incredible in the first place. maybe i just don't like his medium, pastels, colored pencils,charcol, its more realism in mind, and there is some surreal. idk its all some pretty cool stuff in concept and looks great, im not moved or aware of any new situations the world maybe in.

Its just commentary on current events in a way that is not my taste or further thought provoking

gain awareness? to obvious problems? idk its stupid

nukka-cp
02-28-2011, 04:17 PM
gain awareness? to obvious problems? idk its stupid

that's why it's an "obvious problem".. It'd be cool if he was selling them and doing something productive with the profits.

CustomKO
02-28-2011, 04:22 PM
what if I conceptualized a giant elephant mask that opens in two on to a wall, I put a bloody fetus in the mask, but the mask on the inside is Sarah Palins giant smiling face, There is a giant bucket of red diluted paint ( for the fetus to fall into ) sooooooo the elephant mask opens and sarah palins face drops the bloody fetus into the giant paint can of red.
would that be art?

CustomKO
02-28-2011, 04:23 PM
that's why it's an "obvious problem".. It'd be cool if he was selling them and doing something productive with the profits.

that would be dope as hell but prob. not :( i mean.... that would be incredibly kind, but theres no way or at least ive never heard of it. Ive heard of photographers giving shit to museums but is that really charity?

samcollett
02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Well I thought it was pretty cool. I don't really think it's supposed to be thought-provoking like the Qur'an or some shit....just his personal commentary on worldly problems. I think it's always interesting to look at someone's artistic interpretation of current events/issues, mainly because everyone's interpretation is different.

For example, I might paint Sarah Palin standing outside of a loading ramp for an American cargo plane with "Destination: 1945 Hiroshima" written on the sides. Same concept, different interpretation.

I agree with his lack of variation in style.....but regardless, pretty cool works.

CustomKO
02-28-2011, 04:35 PM
yeah dude they are pretty cool either way haha. its interpretation, and sometimes i dont like some peoples interpretations

Gnartist
02-28-2011, 04:44 PM
About as clever as the sunday paper's political cartoons.

harshgnar
02-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Tight as cheese!

239 $kim
02-28-2011, 07:05 PM
not super thought provoking because most of them show the message pretty clearly but its kinda like a political cartoon in an art form pretty cool

Richard
03-01-2011, 12:16 AM
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Just-My-Pics-3/1014543