PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever had

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 04:36 PM
issues with the local wildlife skimming? marine or not? cause one of the more low key spots that me and some select few people skim has been a total hotspots for sharks,and they decide to chill in shore pound,like today i was chased out of the water by a decent sized shark....anybody get any closer encounters? i want to hear some story's

purplegrape
12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
yea i got attacked by a 23 foot great white skimming that spot

RexSkimmer
12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
fucking horseflies man

jewbacca
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
i once saw a seal

dan.nj
couple days of offshores and you cant get those flies off you... worst shit.

ankle biter
yea i got attacked by a 23 foot great white skimming that spotalex you have never gone to the spot im talking about

fucking horseflies man

and i have never had the pleasure of been attacked by one of those!,but i have had a flock of seagulls chase after me.

purplegrape
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM
yea the bonita and captiva island inlet spot???

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
i once saw a seal

was it like a leopard seal??

alexM.
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
yea a seal has growled at me up in santa cruz before.

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 04:49 PM
yea the bonita and captiva island inlet spot??? nopeee :p

purplegrape
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
i had a pinfish bite my pinkie

Andy Schaaf
12-09-2009, 04:52 PM
i was swimmin out in the water and mullet jumped out right infront of me, scared the shit outta me! haha

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Any of you canadians been attacked by bears?

purplegrape
12-09-2009, 04:57 PM
oh your secret fort myers spot where its always ankle high.... i saw the pic u got covered up from the spot:D

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 05:00 PM
oh your secret fort myers spot where its always ankle high.... i saw the pic u got covered up from the spot:D

the pier? is always ankle high and never bigger then shin or once in awhile with Gods grace knee,and do you know how hard it is for me to get covered up? and what pic are you talking about?

purplegrape
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM
the one ankle high cover up pic

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
the one ankle high cover up pic

that was double over toe,not ankle!

skimfl
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
alex face it, you don't know where it is. and you would..

purplegrape
12-09-2009, 05:24 PM
uhhh i have a better spot then u guys

TRKYSUB
12-09-2009, 05:27 PM
sandcrabs stabbing bottom of feet at wedge, dead seal floating in multiple times at balboa pier.

one time tommy and i were sponging nugs at wedge and there was a dolphin feeding frenzy that was about 2 feet from us. so skektchy

Chev
12-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Any of you canadians been attacked by bears?

I have been chased off the beach by bees, deer, and fat angry tourists when I can run faster than them.

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 05:36 PM
uhhh i have a better spot then u guys

we drive to those spots retard!

Shea Benton
12-09-2009, 05:37 PM
there's been a few cases of dbs (dead baby seal) at the wall when i've been there. and there's always seals/sometimes dolphins but never hostile. i'd be like fukk youuu dohfin!!!

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
sandcrabs stabbing bottom of feet at wedge, dead seal floating in multiple times at balboa pier.

one time tommy and i were sponging nugs at wedge and there was a dolphin feeding frenzy that was about 2 feet from us. so skektchy

atleast it wasnt a great white feeding frenzy

Michael Fk
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Linez0rz
http://www.ermen.de/images2008/60_captiva_beaches.jpg

nick_sd
12-09-2009, 05:56 PM
there's been a few cases of dbs (dead baby seal) at the wall when i've been there. and there's always seals/sometimes dolphins but never hostile. i'd be like fukk youuu dohfin!!!

ya i was there a couple weeks ago and there was a dead seal floating around.

in san diego we have lots of problems with wompers at marine street.

purplegrape
12-09-2009, 06:02 PM
we drive to those spots retard!

i have a spot u dont know about hahaha

Jim Gordon
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I have been chased out of the water by two sharks, I knew they weren't dolphins because a sharks only bend side to side and dolphins can only arch their backs like whales. Anyway, I was out surfing the beach breaks and I saw two sharks about 50' away. When you're out that far 50' seems like 5'......I waited for a good wave, one that I could get one last tube ride......not really, I just got the hell out of there. I think I paddled in faster than the waves.;)

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 06:06 PM
i have a spot u dont know about hahaha

you still cant drive to it! =P or north jetty! which definately gets some of the best waves in the gulf....

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I have been chased out of the water by two sharks, I knew they weren't dolphins because a sharks only bend side to side and dolphins can only arch their backs like whales. Anyway, I was out surfing the beach breaks and I saw two sharks about 50' away. When you're out that far 50' seems like 5'......I waited for a good wave, one that I could get one last tube ride......not really, I just got the hell out of there. I think I paddled in faster than the waves.;) how big?????

Jim Gordon
12-09-2009, 06:12 PM
how big?????

I couldn't tell, if I had to guess they were about 8' long and that's know fish story!!!

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I couldn't tell, if I had to guess they were about 8' long and that's know fish story!!!

Great whites?? causee im not sure about the west coast sharks

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 06:28 PM
and to who negged me about bears,it was kinda a jokee...but then again you never know.

Gnarnar
12-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Ive been stung by jellyfish at Westwards.
A seal at Malbu pier chased me for a second.
A Severed Seal head hit me at esco while there was a dead dolphin beached up like 5 ft away (im guessing there was a shark in the area.)
Before i found out how to get Angel to stop chasing me i got fucked up by a border collie. lol.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs091.snc3/15831_602571849326_30508798_34360380_616580_n.jpg

nick_sd
12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
A Severed Seal head hit me at esco while there was a dead dolphin beached up like 5 ft away (im guessing there was a shark in the area.)

no no no thats not possible dolphins ALWAYS beat sharks.:D

Jim Gordon
12-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Great whites?? causee im not sure about the west coast sharks

Not sure if they were great whites, all I know is they had lots of sharp teeth.;)

Gnarnar
12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Idk but there was only the head of a seal floating around.

Madd Skim
12-09-2009, 06:39 PM
i have had lots of occasions with seals and when surfing i saw a baby great white or at least that's what the surfer next to me said it was.

Jim Gordon
12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
no no no thats not possible dolphins ALWAYS beat sharks.:D

Yeah, if there's dolphins around it's safe to skim or surf. Just don't mistake a shark for a dolphin.:eek:

skimiks
12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
dam you guys have so much...ivee only seen like a few skates and the jellyfish

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Before i found out how to get Angel to stop chasing me i got fucked up by a border collie. lol.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs091.snc3/15831_602571849326_30508798_34360380_616580_n.jpg the pic made me laugh

Not sure if they were great whites, all I know is they had lots of sharp teeth.;)

and wise words...teeth=nay nay

Jim Gordon
12-09-2009, 06:45 PM
dam you guys have so much...ivee only seen like a few skates and the jellyfish

Believe me, you wouldn't want to be that close to a shark in the ocean.:eek: I was in fear for my life.......

skimiks
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
ya definately not we're lucky

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 06:49 PM
i was also attacked by a 50 year old lady cause i caught a ray(just for fun) with my hands an it was flapping around an she ran up an sunk her fingers into my neck an i dropped it to face the evil menace,it was an epic arguement,i had like 20 beach kids at my back and she said some stupid things such as "your not even from here","you dont have a fishing license",and to top it off "i should call the cops".... anbody else have any more good story's?

Gnarnar
12-09-2009, 07:01 PM
i was also attacked by a 50 year old lady cause i caught a ray(just for fun) with my hands an it was flapping around an she ran up an sunk her fingers into my neck an i dropped it to face the evil menace,it was an epic arguement,i had like 20 beach kids at my back and she said some stupid things such as "your not even from here","you dont have a fishing license",and to top it off "i should call the cops".... anbody else have any more good story's?

should have turned that sucker around and steve irwin'd her ass

ankle biter
12-09-2009, 07:12 PM
hahaha and awhhh i miss steve irwin,and it was an eagle ray i dont think they have stingers but good idea

austenmk
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
got stung by a stingray in the right ankle. 2 days later got stung again on the left ankle. next day, got stung on the fucking thumb when i fell. i fucking hate stingrays.

Gnarnar
12-09-2009, 07:29 PM
got stung by a stingray in the right ankle. 2 days later got stung again on the left ankle. next day, got stung on the fucking thumb when i fell. i fucking hate stingrays.

Jeez. right about now id be thinking of a new spot to skim.

Jim Gordon
12-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I got attacked by a pitbull. I had to gouge its eyes to get it to let go of my board. People on the beach saw it happen and thought it had my hand in its mouth along with the board and when they heard the crunch they were about to call 911. Thinking back I should have gouged its eyes harder and killed it. The lady blamed me for her unleashed pitbull attacking me.

Yes......what the hell are you doing on the beach, and you should have had your board on a leash too.:rolleyes:

pierratskim
12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
sea lice attacked me and skimalot321 i thought i was gonna die

lil chuck
12-10-2009, 11:08 AM

lol when you said that i thought u meant the sealice thats on here being sarcastic hahaha

mjs
12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
mid wrap i had a dead jelly fish thrown at me if that counts. + planing to a wave and a seal popped out like 10 feet away and let out a bark

RyanSkimsCA
12-10-2009, 12:30 PM
and i have never had the pleasure of been attacked by one of those!,but i have had a flock of seagulls chase after me.

Yeah, they can get pretty vicious. I assume you ran, you ran so far away.

sealice aka lone ranger
12-10-2009, 02:42 PM

fuck you, i dont even know you.

stylee
12-10-2009, 03:05 PM
i skimmed and rode back up with a sand shark on top of my board...

he look like an alien underneathe...

ankle biter
12-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, they can get pretty vicious. I assume you ran, you ran so far away. well i was eating an apple an then one of em was going in for a dive bomb an i did run! back an forth until i figured they were after the apple an threw it.

i skimmed and rode back up with a sand shark on top of my board...

he look like an alien underneathe...

sounds fishy.....litterally

ankle biter
12-10-2009, 04:27 PM
oh and the same spot i told you i almost got nibbled on some guy today caught a good 5ft bull shark....ive seen one shark everytime ive been to this spot now

purplegrape
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM

thats pretty bad ass i wish i was as cool as you

skimfl
12-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah, they can get pretty vicious. I assume you ran, you ran so far away.
he did

ankle biter
12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
thats pretty bad ass i wish i was as cool as you

hey mr.unoriginality,quit being a d-bag,this post was for stories and so far you havent posted one.

purplegrape
12-10-2009, 04:53 PM
hey mr.unoriginality,quit being a d-bag,this post was for stories and so far you havent posted one.

ok fine......... i hydroded into a school of mullet and they were like goin in my pants..... u happy cuyler????

ankle biter
12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
ok fine......... i side slipped into a school of mullet and they were like goin in my pants..... u happy cuyler???? fixed,and suree

purplegrape
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
cuyler u started a pretty long thread im proud of u

shiznit
12-10-2009, 05:04 PM
My local spot is an inlet so I've seen the food change in action watching feeding frenzies of mullet, tarpon, and sharks... a big ball at all once. We had a little fun w/ it and threw anyone's board if they fell. It was the scariest day of my life. I've also seen sharks swimming along the shore and had an eagle ray jump out of the water 5ft. from my face when i was just hanging out w/ some friends.

ankle biter
12-10-2009, 05:16 PM
My local spot is an inlet so I've seen the food change in action watching feeding frenzies of mullet, tarpon, and sharks... a big ball at all once. We had a little fun w/ it and threw anyone's board if they fell. It was the scariest day of my life. I've also seen sharks swimming along the shore and had an eagle ray jump out of the water 5ft. from my face when i was just hanging out w/ some friends.

hahaha throwing board idea is pretty funny,an someone needs to post a story about how the did a boardslide on shamoo ,R.I.P

pierratskim
12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I got a jellyfish in my wetsuit once. Its probably similar to sea lice which I've luckily never encountered... were you itching for days / did they try to live in your hair etc?

i dont think sea lice actually like stick with you if so it wasnt sea lice, it was just like a crazy burning itching biting pain if that make sense and then we left and it went away

raj
12-10-2009, 07:46 PM
one time there was some heavy south winds and i was skimming a spot with a couple rock jetties and on the north side of the jetty there was like 3 or 4 white egrets standing there to stay protected from the wind. i saw that the waves were breaking pretty decently off the rocks, but then i realized that those egrets were standing there before me and if skimmed there i would scare them away, therefore resulting in the egrets not having that nice little niche to be blocked from the wind. so i didnt skim there because it would of been mean. you gotta respect the environment and wildlife, its theirs before its ours,
oh and one time in laguna a big gnarly seal swam right up to me at the end of the water and i was standing at the break coming up from a wave and i thought he was gonna eat me

coltongagel
12-10-2009, 08:19 PM
i once had a baby fish get stuck in my wetsuit, just to feel it fall out of my sleeve dead

Hotboxcomp
12-11-2009, 02:34 PM
i heard of some dude that got a staph infection from a horse fly.

noahb
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
over the summer me and a bunch of broski's were skimming our linner spot wich is on a island. that week there was tons of great white sightings where we were. so we were up on the beach chilling after the sesh and all of a sudden there was a ton of birds flying around like 50 yards off shore. and my friend nick says ill bet we see a shark today...and we are all like yeah rite...that would be crazy and like 1 minut later we whach a great white shark jump half way out of the water and completley fuck up a seal. it was the crazyest thing i have ever seen. i felt like i was whaching some shit on the dicovery channel or something, so i get on my cell to report it. the cops told me that they were guna send some people to tag the shark. about a half an hour later 2 helocopters and about 5 police boats came. when we got home we put on the news and there was vidio of the shark from helocopter and it showed them tagging the shark, they said it was measured and it was 18 feet long...thats a fat ass shark. that day was the best day of skimboarding in my life. there were 40 second chest high liners and fat ass sharks jumping out of the water...it was awsooooome!

ankle biter
12-11-2009, 05:39 PM
ill give it a 10 on the epic scale.

noahb
12-11-2009, 06:15 PM
what do you mean by epic scale?

ankle biter
12-11-2009, 06:33 PM
what do you mean by epic scale? it was just another way of saying the story was epical

purplegrape
12-11-2009, 06:38 PM
one time there was some heavy south winds and i was skimming a spot with a couple rock jetties and on the north side of the jetty there was like 3 or 4 white egrets standing there to stay protected from the wind. i saw that the waves were breaking pretty decently off the rocks, but then i realized that those egrets were standing there before me and if skimmed there i would scare them away, therefore resulting in the egrets not having that nice little niche to be blocked from the wind. so i didnt skim there because it would of been mean. you gotta respect the environment and wildlife, its theirs before its ours,
oh and one time in laguna a big gnarly seal swam right up to me at the end of the water and i was standing at the break coming up from a wave and i thought he was gonna eat me

Ryan this is the best story on here haha

noahb
12-11-2009, 06:58 PM
i guess it is prety epic!!!!!!!!!! and its 100% true

noahb
12-12-2009, 06:49 AM
it must