PDA

View Full Version : Got my wisdom teeth pulled...

dan.nj
08-21-2006, 11:34 AM
All 4 of them this morning and it fucking sucks. Its not so much the pain in my gums, but the pain in my cheeks from these large gauze. Plus my novacaine is fading from 3 or 4 hours ago and I cant overdose on pain killers due to a high tylonal content. Im also still bleeding profusely and cant smoke for 4 days... and have to eat mushy bullshit for a little while. Sweet pic to come.

witness
08-21-2006, 11:39 AM
maybe u should stop smoking, forever. just a thought

dan.nj
08-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Well Im def using these 4 days to try to syop smoking cigs, as the first 3 days without are the hardest. I cant stop smoking pot though.

And its really not that bad of an ordeal, this pain, its just that I just woke up from a nap and my jaws were straight up locked and was sleeping in blood. Oh yteah and this constant bleeding sucks.

p.pointe
08-21-2006, 12:07 PM
got mine out last year, piiiiiiiiiiiillllllls are goooooooood. You get a prescription?

dan.nj
08-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Vicoden.

p.pointe
08-21-2006, 12:27 PM
sickness

Islandboy
08-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Yea, I just got mine out about a month ago. But the dentist that did it was the shit... He took em all out in about 25 mins, ohh yea, and I didnt feel like being put to sleep so they just numbed the shit outta my mouth and I was awake to hear all the ripping of my roots, and him pulling my mouth to shit.

But yea, it wasnt all that bad for me, he said it would be like 2-3 days of swelling, and by that afternoon, all the swelling had already gone down. But for sure the bleeding was freaky. My Mom went to go get the vicodin, and I wanted to change the guaze, when I pulled out the old guaze all I see is blood streaming outta my mouth. Im used to fish blood and stuff from work, but geez when that shit starts pouring outta your mouth and you cant stop it... damn..

But anywayz, all I did was take the vicodin, watch tv, and eat sherbert ice cream and cambells soup at hand for a day and a half. Oh yea, putting ice on the outside of your mouth around your jaw helps too...

dan.nj
08-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah ive been icing my jaw since I got home today... it actually feels normal right now minus a little tension. However... Ive been bleeding for the last 6 hours.

Islandboy
08-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah ive been icing my jaw since I got home today... it actually feels normal right now minus a little tension. However... Ive been bleeding for the last 6 hours.

Yea, the bleeding sucks. My gums werent bleeding that bad at first, but I tried to talk to people and stuff, and that started everything up. But they tell you not to spit, or drink hot things because it makes the bleeding worse.

The only thing that works though is to keep the guaze in, change in every 30 mins, watch tv, and try not to talk... Also, when you go to change the guaze, make sure the new one is ready before you take the existing one out, if you leave the guaze out for too long it causes your gums to bleed more and more...

dan.nj
08-21-2006, 03:46 PM
They actually told me to take the guaze out because they told me it would cause the holes to bleed again. I just woke up from a small nap and im bleeding more than the last few hours. I really cant take this.

Icej
08-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I got mine out my senior year of highschool. I actually liked it, the nitrous was a lot of fun, and then the pain killers were good. They gave me hydrocodone. The emtpy spots in my gums weirded me out for a while.

Utah
08-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, the empty holes will remain holes for well over a year, at least mine did. All in all though, it was a fun experience. They gave me some kind of drip to knok me out. They then put an oxygen over my mouth and tilted my chair up to look at the ceiling. On the ceiling was a picture of a coral reef and tropical fish. The doctor told me, "Tell me when the fish start to swim". I clearly remember saying to him, "Its a picture, the fish aren't going to sw... They're swimming!!!" and I was out... It was the craziest thing I've ever experienced...

Islandboy
08-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, the empty holes will remain holes for well over a year, at least mine did. All in all though, it was a fun experience. They gave me some kind of drip to knok me out. They then put an oxygen over my mouth and tilted my chair up to look at the ceiling. On the ceiling was a picture of a coral reef and tropical fish. The doctor told me, "Tell me when the fish start to swim". I clearly remember saying to him, "Its a picture, the fish aren't going to sw... They're swimming!!!" and I was out... It was the craziest thing I've ever experienced...

Hahaha, thats awesome. All I had were those cieling tiles with the thousands of holes in them to look at. It didnt matter much, I had my eyes closed just chilaxin trying to make the surgeons job easier. Plus its just freaky having your eyes open at the dentist, I dont want to look deep into the eyes of some dude trying to rip my teeth out.

But yea, them telling you to take the guaze out is wierd, they just partially stitched up some of my gums, and told me to keep the guaze in till it stopped bleeding.

You would think that having the guaze in would help stop the bleeding, just like every other wound where they tell you to apply pressure with a cloth or guaze, it seems to be the same with putting the guaze in your mouth and biting down softly.

Icej
08-21-2006, 05:24 PM
They gave me the nitrous nozzle and I just sat there and was like, "It's not working." So they cranked it up, in a minute I was high as hell. Last thing I remember is the nurse saying, "You are really cute."

witness
08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
that wasnt the nurse, it was the man dentist, and he totally took advantage of you

SeanS
08-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Vicoden sucks, Percs are so much better. Ive been on 7.25mg Percs for 3 weeks...its life changingly good

solvenTim
08-21-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm supposed to get mine removed soon. mine r growing in completey sideways into the root of my molers. i dont kno if i remember this right, but the doctor said he might have to hook me up with an IV because it might take a little longer.

fireball
08-21-2006, 06:14 PM
haha thats funny cauz i just got my 4 out fri. i'm on hydrocodone and my gums are sore. it sucks ass but i don't have to do anything. i've been eating pudding and that shit. i bled for like an hour right after it but then it stoped. i was playin golf tonoight and it started to bleed like crazy but i took a drink of soda and it stoped. also try putting tea bags in with ur gauz. that helps too. good luck. they hooked me up to an iv also...

solvenTim
08-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Vicoden sucks, Percs are so much better. Ive been on 7.25mg Percs for 3 weeks...its life changingly good
is your avatar what you looked like after surgery?

solvenTim
08-21-2006, 06:18 PM
they hooked me up to an iv also...
did it knock you right out, or did you get a little trip?

fireball
08-21-2006, 06:22 PM
no i was sitting straight up and when he put the tube in the iv i just leaned back and i was out.

dan.nj
08-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I basically had the same procedure as you fireball. Got an IV hooked up to my arm and hydrocodone. Bad thing is Ive been bleeding (very light blood) for 11 hours so far. The IV just made me tired and I was sorta conscious but not really. I felt them in my mouth at first but then I just woke up out of nowhere and I was done. The IV made me tired in about 2-4 mins, cant really remember.

solvenTim
08-21-2006, 08:14 PM
damn! oh well