View Full Version : For Giants and fans

zeus
01-11-2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/nmmmtrUwdJs&hl
http://blogs.jobdig.com/wwds/files/2008/06/soaring-bald-eagles_111.jpg
this was aimed at dan.nj mainly

Kude
01-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Fly eagles fly, on the road to victory. Fly eagles fly, score a touchdown one-two-three. Hit em' low, hit em' high and we'll watch our eagles fly (Fight Fight Fight!). Fly eagles fly on the road to victoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy

Graffx
01-11-2009, 01:33 PM
That song is my facebook status... sadface

brett00
01-11-2009, 01:55 PM
damn they really turned it on in the 2nd half

MDskimmerMAtt
01-11-2009, 01:55 PM
we swept the eagles this year. fun fact.

skimmerdude12
01-11-2009, 01:57 PM
i still hate the eagles

seanseo311
01-11-2009, 02:04 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES
fuck yeah

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 02:09 PM
its amazing how many eagles fan come out of the woodwork now

I know some of you on here have been eagles fans for a while, but there are a couple of you that were awfully quiet until now.

Aaron Peluso
01-11-2009, 02:13 PM
stopping power?

seanseo311
01-11-2009, 02:14 PM
me and kude live right near philly so we always love them.
i kinda gave up after they let go of those 108 yards, but they surprised me in recent games and recaptured my faith in them

MDskimmerMAtt
my one friend said when the eagles were sucking "oh fuck this, and didnt watch any games after week 5 till the last 2 weeks. He is a bitch.

brett00

I know some of you on here have been eagles fans for a while, but there are a couple of you that were awfully quiet until now.

thats philly for ya. one week everyone hates them and blames andy reid and mcnabb the next week people are saying super bowl here we come!

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 02:15 PM
me and kude live right near philly so we always love them.
i kinda gave up after they let go of those 108 yards, but they surprised me in recent games and recaptured my faith in them
so basically you are a fair-weather fan aka a fag?

Kude
01-11-2009, 02:17 PM
I have always stayed with the Eagles through thick and thin, go birds.

zeus
01-11-2009, 02:23 PM

you must not know philadelphia. anyhow that was somewhat me, i didnt watch weeks 1-5 cause i was still hyped on phillies but i started watching when it all died down for the phillies.

seanseo311
01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
so basically you are a fair-weather fan aka a fag?
thats a nice way of putting it, yes

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 02:28 PM
you must not know philadelphia. anyhow that was somewhat me, i didnt watch weeks 1-5 cause i was still hyped on phillies but i started watching when it all died down for the phillies.
not knowing philly is not really an acceptable answer to me. so you are an entire city of fair-weather fans? I doubt that. I have seen real Eagles fans and those guys rival Raiders fans for complete asshole fandom. I can appreciate that level of fandom.

zeus
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
i meant that a lot of people not all, is fuck we suck this year, and once they win its oo yea im teh biggest fan. every sport too. and then you have the guys that it through everygame saying next year.

Kude
01-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I watch every Eagle's game. Most of us aren't fair-weather fans, I scream at my t.v every Sunday, or Monday.

dan.nj
01-11-2009, 03:05 PM
eagles can suck my flacid weiner.

and zeus, didnt you say you were a gmen fan? Oh well... part of being a giants fan is dealing with the good and the bad... usually the bad. We just got spoiled by last year. I wouldnt mind losing to any other team, but the eagles? THE FUCKING EAGLES? jesus christ.

and I said this in the nj thread... nyc > philly.

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 03:11 PM
and I said this in the nj thread... nyc > philly.
well yea thats a given

dan.nj
01-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh and zeus, thats really funny... some of my family and I were joking around about that song after we officially lost.

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 03:21 PM
it is a fitting song, because if the Giants had a good day they wouldve won

Actually, if Plax didnt shoot himself in the leg they wouldve won. Way to derail a superbowl team

Gehrig
01-11-2009, 04:22 PM
im a patriots fan so i was routing for the eagles!

zeus
01-11-2009, 04:34 PM
dan, im no giants fan, and correct raves, eagles would have been murdered, well maybe no murdered but still beat, if they had burress. he is a strong threat and is so big he is very tough to cover and i dont think the eagles would have handled him well. and it would have taken some attention off the run game so jacobs would have done more than he already did

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 04:55 PM
just stop talking you are beginning to make me sick; you are no fan at all

dan.nj
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
actually, im not so sure they would have won if burress played... sure its easy to blame that idiot just because he was a strong player, but eli played like absolute shit and our defense put no pressure on mcnabb. Obviously Plax would have helped especially in the red zone but theres no gaurantee manning would have even connected with him on major plays. And theres always gonna be attention on our running game... our "worst" running back is a pro bowler for gods sake. We played like shit and theres no excuse for it. The only way Plax had derailed our team is by bring unnecessary attention to the team... we could have done it if Smith, Boss, Moss, Hixon and Toomer had actually made some very important catches, if Bradshaw played solidly in the second half (which he usually does,) and pressure was put on McNabb. You cant expect a QB to play poorly when hes got all the time in the world to find an open reciever. We had basically shut down the running game, all we needed to do was put pressure on McNabb and actually deliver in the red zone.

/rant.

brett00
01-11-2009, 05:53 PM
dont forget the two 4th down plays

zeus
01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
just stop talking you are beginning to make me sick; you are no fan at all
yea my bad, u must be right u go to law school. how silly of me

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 05:57 PM
actually, im not so sure they would have won if burress played... sure its easy to blame that idiot just because he was a strong player, but eli played like absolute shit and our defense put no pressure on mcnabb. Obviously Plax would have helped especially in the red zone but theres no gaurantee manning would have even connected with him on major plays. And theres always gonna be attention on our running game... our "worst" running back is a pro bowler for gods sake. We played like shit and theres no excuse for it. The only way Plax had derailed our team is by bring unnecessary attention to the team... we could have done it if Smith, Boss, Moss, Hixon and Toomer had actually made some very important catches, if Bradshaw played solidly in the second half (which he usually does,) and pressure was put on McNabb. You cant expect a QB to play poorly when hes got all the time in the world to find an open reciever. We had basically shut down the running game, all we needed to do was put pressure on McNabb and actually deliver in the red zone.

/rant.
That is a great argument if you are an Eagles fan

Plax makes Eli look great on several occasions. I have seen Plax make ridiculous catches that shouldnt be made. Plus they always roll the coverage to Plax and without him they could bring more heat on Eli and also stuff the running game. Plax makes a huge difference on the offense and Eli's playing. The D was great for the Giants, the score was 10-8 at half and the Eagles got an easy TD because of Eli. The D just got run down after having to put up with so much shit the entire game. I could almost guarantee that the offense wouldve been far superior with Plax on the field.

/superior argument

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 05:58 PM
yea my bad, u must be right u go to law school. how silly of me
read what you are writing, you are no fan. You admit to bailing on your "team" and then agree that they wouldve lost if Plax was playing. WTF?

I guarantee Frank wouldve responded with "fuck you, we wouldve beat the Giants no matter who they had on the field." Because he is a true fan and that is the right answer if you are a fan.

zeus
01-11-2009, 06:00 PM
cause im not some gung ho superfan, i would not care if they lost against any team but giants. i hate mets and giants with all my heart, so anyone playing them i like and i happen to live 20 min from philly so wh ynot root for them. but i just hate any ny team, and thats what happens when you live here

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
and that is why I told you to stop talking you are making me sick; fair weather fans are the same as bandwaggoners to me.

zeus
01-11-2009, 06:04 PM
i am saying i hate giants, so i will root for eagles, the only team i am a true fan that watches everygame he can is phillies. but i hate ny with a strong passion

Noodles
01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
so basically.... you dont like the eagles, you just hate the giants?

zeus
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
in a way,but i will always root for eagles no matter who they play, but i wont get disappointed or anything if they lose, unless its giants

xenjoiii
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
zeus, fuck you. im not playign zombies with you no mooooore

zeus
01-11-2009, 06:19 PM
ok then go back on ur dude cruise

xenjoiii
01-11-2009, 06:20 PM
im in love with a french girl.

Kude
01-11-2009, 07:12 PM

/rant.

ya and that really smart challenge.

/sarcasm

But if they let Brian have a wee bit more room he may have broken through.

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I dont understand the Eli sneak there either

it was 4 and inches and you have the unstoppable force in the backfield and you try a sneak? Jacobs can get an inch easily.

Then on 4th and 2 you run it? That wouldve been the time to let Eli try a little play action roll out to get the 2.

After this game I pray the Raiders dont make Gilbride their head coach.

Kude
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't get why they didn't call that pass interference call, it was so obvious. Also Donovan answering the phone was so great.

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
That didnt look like PI to me. His hand was on the shoulder but it didnt disrupt the WRs ability to catch the pass, it was just there. He didnt twist which wouldve warranted the call. I think it was only strange that at first they threw the flag then waived it off. But had they not thrown the flag at all I wouldve been absolutely fine with the call.

The phone call was classless. If he did it on his own sideline I wouldve thought it was funny, but doing that on the Giants sideline is classless. Win with honor, lose with honor.

Ammy
01-11-2009, 07:49 PM
goddamn raves, you are killing the boards today. i would say its safe to say you have posted at least 50 times today.

edit: counted, 66 times.

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
haha I gotta get it all out of my system before I go back to school

Laptop plus two football games and then nothing on leads to a lot of posts

Kude
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
That didnt look like PI to me. His hand was on the shoulder but it didnt disrupt the WRs ability to catch the pass, it was just there. He didnt twist which wouldve warranted the call. I think it was only strange that at first they threw the flag then waived it off. But had they not thrown the flag at all I wouldve been absolutely fine with the call.

The phone call was classless. If he did it on his own sideline I wouldve thought it was funny, but doing that on the Giants sideline is classless. Win with honor, lose with honor.

hahaha the phone thing reminded me of Chad, it was a 15 yard penalty. haha

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
see I like Chad's dances because they are not taunting the other team. TO likes to taunt the other team with his. That's why if Donovan did it on his sideline I wouldve laughed because it would just be playful, but I am not sure he was doing that. He did it on the Giants sideline and that is just classless.

dan.nj
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
First off kude, the challenge was out of desperation rather than actual belief that we had gotten the first down. The PI call was rightfully withdrawn, as it should have been... it did not effect the play at all. There were a bunch of terrible calls offensively and defensively... oh well, spagnuolo is gone even though he had helped our weakened defense this year. And zeus, you havent even made a peep about being an eagles fan until today so I really doubt your commitment to such a terrible team. And raves, the pictures I posted of osi sacking mcnabb in the nfl divisional playoffs thread was not supposed to reflect the game today.

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Yea but I thought it was a poor comeback because you were posting pics of something that couldnt happen haha.

dan.nj
01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah well we had no sacks on mcnabb in the 3 games we played against them so I was fucked either way.

Kude
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
First off kude, the challenge was out of desperation rather than actual belief that we had gotten the first down. The PI call was rightfully withdrawn, as it should have been... it did not effect the play at all. There were a bunch of terrible calls offensively and defensively... oh well, spagnuolo is gone even though he had helped our weakened defense this year. And zeus, you havent even made a peep about being an eagles fan until today so I really doubt your commitment to such a terrible team. And raves, the pictures I posted of osi sacking mcnabb in the nfl divisional playoffs thread was not supposed to reflect the game today.

So you're coach threw that red flag for no other reason, except losing a Time out, while maybe he could have saved it for a call that may been questionable later on in the game.
and fuck the P.I thing they shouldn't have thrown the flag in the first place.

dan.nj
01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
uh yes... at the point where we were in the game, it was worth a shot. Coughlin has a past with challenging tons of questionable plays, and surprisingly does well. And I agree they shouldnt have thrown the flag in the first place. thats why i found it fitting that they did not give the eagles 15+ yards.

Kude
01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
with 12:29 remaining and the score 11-20, I don't think he should have made that call.

Graffx
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
After everything, the Giants played like shit. Eli was having "one of those games" that he has seemed to be having a lot lately. I think it shows how much they used Plax now and how much easier he made Eli's job. No one else could step up to his level when they needed it which then causes Eli to feel the need to force a play. The interceptions were bad decisions to start off with and then bad throws on top of it. He could not deal with the wind.

They could not finish what so ever. This was apparent after the opening kickoff. I am quite surprised that a fucking running back let a kicker "tackle" him out of bounds. That should have easily been brought back for a touchdown. Lower your fucking shoulder and run him over. That is what you do. You are a running back.

They could not consistently get pressure on McNabb but when they did, he couldn't complete his passes. The defense was the only thing holding them together. The offense couldn't capitalize on the defensive turnovers. When you rely on field goals, you usually don't win.

Just a very sloppy game in many aspects. Can't do anything about it now. Rest up, get your players back. Get some help for the wide receiver core, a younger kicker (no offense to Carney, he did wonders), and DO NOT, DOOO NOT LET DERRICK WARD GO.

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I predicted to my friend that the Giants will draft Hakeem Nicks. Would be a smart pick for them.

whitmax
01-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Uggh. I went to Vegas yesterday afternoon with some buddies, hit up the bookie this morning. I was going to make that bet. Instead I bet on my fucking Chargers. Worst $200 Corona ever.

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 10:42 PM
never bet on the chargers unless it's against the colts

whitmax
01-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Never bet against your team.... ever

UNLESS YOU'RE A SAN DIEGO FAN

S. EvarMI
01-11-2009, 10:48 PM
I didnt say you had to bet against them, I just said dont bet on them.

whitmax
01-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Flipper Streams needs to go the fuck away. I hate that guy.

DjMattyD
01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
planning on when I am in vegas at the end of this month winning some money on the GSP v Penn fight

whitmax
01-11-2009, 10:56 PM
good time to go. Rooms are diiiirrrrrrrrrt cheap. Food prices are coming down to draw crowds.

DjMattyD
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
yeah got free rooms at the hard rock

dan.nj
01-11-2009, 11:35 PM
After everything, the Giants played like shit. Eli was having "one of those games" that he has seemed to be having a lot lately. I think it shows how much they used Plax now and how much easier he made Eli's job. No one else could step up to his level when they needed it which then causes Eli to feel the need to force a play. The interceptions were bad decisions to start off with and then bad throws on top of it. He could not deal with the wind.

They could not finish what so ever. This was apparent after the opening kickoff. I am quite surprised that a fucking running back let a kicker "tackle" him out of bounds. That should have easily been brought back for a touchdown. Lower your fucking shoulder and run him over. That is what you do. You are a running back.

They could not consistently get pressure on McNabb but when they did, he couldn't complete his passes. The defense was the only thing holding them together. The offense couldn't capitalize on the defensive turnovers. When you rely on field goals, you usually don't win.

Just a very sloppy game in many aspects. Can't do anything about it now. Rest up, get your players back. Get some help for the wide receiver core, a younger kicker (no offense to Carney, he did wonders), and DO NOT, DOOO NOT LET DERRICK WARD GO.
I agree with basically everything you said. Carney is great, dont get me wrong, but his age shows in a lot of his kicks. Im not talking about the missed field goals today but in general. Hes very sketchy in 40+ yard kicks. I feel that Ward could not have gotten the TD on the opening return however (although the kicker shouldnt be able to tackle him.) Hes an amazing RB but he seem to only have speed in short bursts. When he runs for 15+ yards he seems to crap out and get tackled. In fact, it seems thats the case with all our running backs. We can get the first down, but thats basically it. There was NO pressure on McNabb... none what-so-ever. In the rare occasion they did get to him, he couldnt throw for shit. Thats a big problem with the giants. Sure they do get a good amount of sacks each season (I believe 42 this year) but they seem to have a hard time putting pressure on most QBs leaving them wide open in the pocket. I wouldnt say we exactly "need" a new WR but we need to choose plays that better fit our current situation. We cant keep bombing it downfield like we did with that 6'5" moron that shot himself.

S. EvarMI
01-12-2009, 05:56 AM
I wouldnt say we exactly "need" a new WR but we need to choose plays that better fit our current situation. We cant keep bombing it downfield like we did with that 6'5" moron that shot himself.
you are a Giants fan, tell me then what does the team need? Their DL is still stout (Tuck, Osi, and Kiwanuka, omg omg omg), their 2ndary is young and solid, the LB core is ok, but without Plax that WR core is TERRIBLE. Your number 1 is either Toomer who is 85 years old, Steve Smith who is a solid possession WR and nothing else, or Hixon...hahaha dont even get me started on that guy. Giants need a WR bad, real bad. The Raiders are probably the only team with a worse WR core than that. Without Plax that offense looked mighty mediocre. You dont understand; Plax as a decoy is enough to make a huge impact on the game. The Superbowl was a perfect example, Plax's numbers were almost non-existent aside from that game ender but him just being on the field opened up a lot of underneath stuff for the other WRs. If I were the D coordinator up against that offense I would put 8 in the box and play man and dare you to beat me with those WRs. I would punish Eli all day and stuff your run game.

Thinking about it more, I dont think you would need Hakeem Nicks. He is a solid WR but not the threat you need. Maclin or Heyward-Bey would be better for you guys. Maybe Percy Harvin. Raiders should draft Crabtree and Nicks, omg omg omg.

skimmer-x
01-12-2009, 07:51 AM
3 pages of this? Geez. The Eagles won. It's over. It was a hard fought game and win or lose, that is what i wanted to see.

And for the record, I am the longest sitting true green Eagles fan on this MB period. Bow down. Go birds!

Kude
01-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes Frank. We're going all the way.
Go birds.

MDskimmerMAtt
01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Heyward-Bey IS DIRTTTYYYYYYY.

Kude
01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Matt will my sig be proven wrong again?

MDskimmerMAtt
01-12-2009, 01:03 PM
i do belive so. Whatever AFC team they do face, i dont see it being good.

dan.nj
01-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I second that.

Kude
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Philly will just explode if that happens.

skimmer-x
01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Haters

DJ-NJ
01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
well this years SB should just be handed over to the AFC. /thread

edit: Fuck the NFC is SO SO SO inconsistant.

you could say the giants were somewhat consistant, i guess. but i can argue otherwise.

dallas.... need i say more??

philly is always a strong team, but they were up and down like a roller coaster. losing the shittiest games but winning big when it counts (which is all that matters.. FWIW) ((somewhat..))

washington.. LOL "BLAH BLAH SUPERBOWL BLAHHH" with J. campbell. well where were you guys in those 3 or 4 final weeks???

NO.. drew brees you can throw for 400+ yards day and night.. yet you dont make it to the playoffs year after year. wtf is wrong with you???

Da bEars.. quarterback says what?? seriously. where is your offense? need to chose your starters and stick with them. oh wait you did... but they suck!!!

green bay.. 12-4 (or whatever) POWERHOUSE to a solid team in the beginning of the season to a playoff possible team in the middle.... then DIRT in the end of the season. yes............. DIRT. you are dirt. all of you. dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt.

andddddd the vikings.. wtf?

^ unbiased yet unresearched

am i forgetting anytthing?? also i am comparing from end of last season thru the current one.

/deranged thoughts

skimmer-x
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Tampa starting out great then sucking.

Arizona up & down.

49ers suck ass in the begining, get a new coach then go crazy.

Carolina. WTF?

That should cover it. I called the implosion of Dallas before the season started.

dan.nj
01-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I fucking hate the cowboys 10x more than the eagles... I dont get how there are so many damn cowboys fans here in nj.

Kude
01-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Hatred of Dallas is a something we have in common football wise Dan, fucking cowgirls.

dan.nj
01-12-2009, 08:35 PM
They cowboys (players and fans) are so fucking cocky... I dont get how. They are self-proclaimed "americas teams" but I dont get how thats possible. They act like their shit doesnt stink and each year end up fucking it up somehow. I guess it was jessica simpsons fault again this year?

DT
01-12-2009, 08:38 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Jolly_green_giant.jpg

DJ-NJ
01-13-2009, 10:01 AM
They cowboys (players and fans) are so fucking cocky... I dont get how. They are self-proclaimed "americas teams" but I dont get how thats possible. They act like their shit doesnt stink and each year end up fucking it up somehow. I guess it was jessica simpsons fault again this year?

carrie underwood.. that backstabbing slut dumped tony for some queer. his game was a little off in week 17. its hard when someone you love just leaves you like that.

ive been a dallas fan my whole life, literally.. and there is quite an abundance of cowboy fans in the NJ, NY area

S. EvarMI
01-13-2009, 10:10 AM
surprisingly enough there are a ton of Cowboys fans in Austin...go figure

I never understood the America's team thing, but whoever said it I want to shake their hand because the marketing is brilliant. I dont believe they are and never will believe they are, but the guy who said it is still a boss in my book.

DJ-NJ
01-13-2009, 11:36 AM
the whole american theme comes from being from texas i guess. you know those hicks are so fucking proud to be american. the only reason GM is still in business.. 99.9% of texas's population buys american.