PDA

View Full Version : page design help

xsbcx
01-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Ive tried everything i know to get the background image to load first. Ive tried changing the order of th css to where the div with the bknd image is first. Ive tried some javascript in the html. Its not that big in filesize *80k .Ive basically searched the first five pages google and tried all the results, but every time the result is the same. text loads first, then links, flash, smaller images, then background shows up..
From what i understand, thats how firefox rolls. This is bad when using white text.

jeremyj
01-11-2009, 04:26 PM
This can't be that big of an issue? Tons of sites load normally. If you are on a high speed connection it should all load pretty much instantly anyway.

xsbcx
01-11-2009, 05:13 PM
yes i know tons of site load this way.. thanks for that bit. Also high speed internet varies in other countries. I have high speed and its a 13/month slower version, like alot of people here have (costa rica), and it is an issue for me to wait 10 seconds for a 80k image to load. Loading follows the order like it should. I just want to change the order.