PDA

View Full Version : this is pretty cool

coleberr
11-15-2008, 04:49 PM
So on a recent trip to chile my 2 friends and i had an amazing experience, we stayed for free at a fellow skimmers place in vina del mar skimmed with hayward, Tad and a bunch of really cool locals (not danny though) and then we decided we had one shot to make the best of the large swell that was starting to fill in down south and we went for it took a 4 hour bus ride only to miss the connecting 3 hour bus to the beach. so we had two options; not got to the beach and have wasted a good night of skimming in vina or shell out 120 US to a sketchy cab driver to take us on the 3 hour drive. We paid the 120 and slept in a tent that night in the gravel parking lot over punta de lobos in pichilemu chile. In the morning we woke up to gray skies and thundering surf, we talked to a local land owner who told us it just so happened to be the warm up rounds for the APT world towin surfing circuit
this is what we saw the warmups for and what my friend paddled into

edit: sorry this isnt my content i just found it of the day we were there my friend has the pictures but he hasnt uploaded them yet

http://vimeo.com/2096239

skimnczach
11-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Fixed:

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2096239&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&ful lscreen=1

Wow. Such amazing surf. The waves are breaking at the perfect speed.

Ammy
11-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Holy shit. Massive. Sick video. repd

Joey Peters
11-15-2008, 05:19 PM
ur friend paddled out?

coleberr
11-15-2008, 05:34 PM
yeah it wasnt as big as the first couple shots but it was like 12 with cleanups around 16 right near the end where you see the "morros" the two big white rocks with the channel in between the mainland and them, he hopped in there and paddled out 3-4 times almost everytime he would catch one wave and just get taken the whole way down the inside or when it faded the current would just keep pullin him down into the beach break section. funny enough the 2 best waves he caught were these monster rights down on the sandbar when everything else was breaking as a left

derc a der
11-15-2008, 07:17 PM
sick story. those waves are insane. rep'd

coleberr
11-16-2008, 06:40 AM
thanks guys, needless to say i think we made the right decision in dropping the cash and getting out there, it was an amzing experience