dish
06-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Which do you think is the best?

Noodles
06-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Seinfeld

DjMattyD
06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
In it's prime Simpsons is untouchable. But for right now I'd have to give it to SP

SkimNate
06-04-2008, 05:09 PM
yeah southpark is the best right now and maybe ever. sometimes simpson's jsut didnt make me laugh

austenmk
06-04-2008, 05:11 PM
now, sp. future, the cleveland show.

dish
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
In it's prime Simpsons is untouchable. But for right now I'd have to give it to SP

Yeah Simpsons was(were) really funny but I feel that the show is kinda lacking now.

burkov
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
it was close but im really just not a fan of sp. simpsons just died off, family guy it is.

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Frisky Dingo

skimmybits
06-04-2008, 05:52 PM
simpsons nowadays is weak, and family guy has always made me laugh but lately south park has been gold. hooray south park

DjMattyD
06-04-2008, 05:56 PM
yeah southpark is the best right now and maybe ever. sometimes simpson's jsut didnt make me laugh
No

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 05:58 PM
south park went too juvenile for me so I stopped watching seasons ago. Simpsons was the best for years but as expected it couldnt keep up the pace. Family Guy has had some hilarious over the top moments but is starting to wear thin although every episode has some moment that just makes you lol. I watch more adult swim comedies now.

Conrad923
06-04-2008, 06:10 PM
i just gave up on most of these completely

on occasion though, ill watch old simpsons episodes

del-a-where?
06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
southpark

LMSkim
06-04-2008, 06:14 PM
sp

SkimNate
06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Robot chicken has some funny stuff too.

skimcowboy
06-04-2008, 06:37 PM
south park

narwhal
06-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Family Guy. But really all three have special places in my heart.

DJ-NJ
06-04-2008, 06:53 PM
i cant believe family is getting murdered out here

steve-o
06-04-2008, 07:05 PM
the south park about the internet not working is on. so funny until you get to the end. there seems to be a lot of those.

dish
06-04-2008, 07:09 PM
The best are the ones when they set up a whole episode just to make fun of someone at the end. Like the Bono and biggst pewp

vicskim76
06-04-2008, 09:17 PM
south park has a few amazing episodes a season, but a lot are misses.

family guy is consistently hilarious.

simpsons is gay now.

SskimC
06-04-2008, 09:51 PM
top chef!

Derek Makekau
06-04-2008, 10:03 PM
how can any of you even debate the reign of the simpsons? how many seasons? 18? 19?

nothing can touch that. sure they've had little slumps but even some of their newer episodes are funny. that's amazing.

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
we arent questioning the "reign" but we are questioning the "current" product. That is how I took this question more of if a new episode came out today which of the 3 would you watch if they were on at the same time? I would watch Family Guy above the other 2, Simpsons next and SP last

if the question was about the best franchise its not even close for me: Simpsons 100%

ZapBulletRider
06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I just typed pretty much the same shit as raves and then decided not to post it b/c technically I don't really watch any of them anymore. I was big into the simpson through HS (so, till 98), and since then I haven't really seen it. I've seen a few episodes of FG and it's great. I've always hated south park. But yeah, I'm w/ Raves on this one.

Derek Makekau
06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
ah alright.

i agree, and that's a far better question to pose. were they all on at the same time, family guy for sure. although these days, i rarely even worry about catching them on TV since they're all online for free the next day.

TRKYSUB
06-04-2008, 10:13 PM
1. Family Guy
2. South Park
3. Simpsons

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I just typed pretty much the same shit as raves and then decided not to post it b/c technically I don't really watch any of them anymore. I was big into the simpson through HS (so, till 98), and since then I haven't really seen it. I've seen a few episodes of FG and it's great. I've always hated south park. But yeah, I'm w/ Raves on this one.
Also, ass kissing.

DjMattyD
06-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I think the generational gap on this board explains the weak showing for the Simpsons. Most of these kids were between 4 and 8 when the Simpsons were in their prime, which is a fucking odd thought.

ZapBulletRider
06-04-2008, 10:23 PM
truth.

What I was going to type was that these days shows are going to a level of shock value that I'm not sure Simpsons wants to go to. But then I realized I haven't seen recent simpsons. But am I right? Is simpsons still tamer in that arena than the other 2? If so, I can see why it doesn't have as much impact as the other 2. Back in the day, though, Simpsons was really shocking. I wasn't even allowed to watch it when I was younger.

http://www.youtube.com/v/76B4hG_wLJs

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Simpsons is not even close on the level of shock value when it comes to the other 2. I think I have seen every episode this season and last season and I really cant think of anything that would be considered as shocking as 1 episode of Family Guy or SP.

ZapBulletRider
06-04-2008, 10:27 PM
yeah, that's what I thought. So it probably isn't as funny to the younger gen b/c it's not as shocking and they aren't as invested in the characters as the older gen who has watched since the beginning.

Derek Makekau
06-04-2008, 10:30 PM
i wasn't allowed to watch it either as a kid, and i think it's really just a sign as to how much times have changed, especially with what is allowed on TV and what's not.

i think for the time period and what was available on TV, simpsons was pretty shocking.

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I dunno man, I watched probably every episode of Simpsons (maybe not the first season stuff but definitely everything from season 3 on) and I never thought they were shocking. Lots of satire (mmmmmm thats good satire) but nothing really shocking.

I mean Simpsons is more of a story that has funny moments but overall tells a story. Family Guy is just random shit that is hilarious.

who's your favorite character? any character not just the main ones

I honestly think my fav is Sideshow Bob; I cant really think of a character I like over Bob. Ralph Wiggum has a lot of priceless quotes though.

Derek Makekau
06-04-2008, 10:41 PM
yea ralph is ridiculous. i actually really like moe. his random suicide comments are amazing.

i meant that it might have been shocking for the time, though i didn't really watch it then, i just played an awesome game of catch-up.

ghostsushi
06-04-2008, 10:42 PM
the simpsons should have ended 9 years ago

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 10:46 PM
yea ralph is ridiculous. i actually really like moe. his random suicide comments are amazing.

i meant that it might have been shocking for the time, though i didn't really watch it then, i just played an awesome game of catch-up.
but thats what I am saying...I did watch it then and was the age that should be shocked and I wasnt. I didnt do a catch-up, I watched them brand new every week. Thats why its actually cool watching the first few seasons again because I will remember parts of it but not enough of it to feel like "why am I watching this again?" With Family Guy I could practically quote the entire first 3 seasons so watching those reruns are a complete waste of time.

Derek Makekau
06-04-2008, 10:48 PM
i meant to clarify in that statement "i meant that it might have been shocking for the time, though i didn't really watch it then, so i don't really know. i just played an awesome game of catch-up."

hands got ahead of my head. or something.

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
i see; going back and looking at the episode list from IMDB, I am more certain now that I have seen every episode at least once. Wow.

Derek Makekau
06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
i know i have as well. way bigger feat to actually have seen them on tv though, i just spent way too long on limewire.

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 10:57 PM
haha yea I definitely only saw them on TV (the first few seasons I probably caught as reruns when I was a bit older given that I was 5 when they aired yet I can remember the basics of the episodes...I am smart, but not that smart)

one of my favorite repartees out of any show ever has to be in the treehouse of horror episode with the evil krusty doll when Homer is talking to the owner

Shopkeeper: [Homer has agreed to purchase a Krusty doll for Bart's birthday] Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!
Homer: Ooh, that's bad.
Shopkeeper: But it comes with a free frogurt!
Homer: That's good.
Shopkeeper: The frogurt is also cursed.
Homer: That's bad.
Shopkeeper: But you get your choice of toppings.
Homer: That's good!
Shopkeeper: The toppings contain potassium benzoate.
[Homer looks puzzled]
Shopkeeper: ...That's bad.
Homer: Can I go now?

Derek Makekau
06-04-2008, 11:06 PM
hahaha awesome.

moe love:

"I'm just going to call the suicide hotline...and they've blocked my number."

and there's one i can't find where someone mentions falls from a tall building and it cuts to moe real quick and he goes "from a tall building...that's the way to do it!"

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Ned Flanders: You ugly hate-filled man.
Moe: Hey. I may be ugly and I may be hate-filled but ... uh ... what was that last thing you said?

DjMattyD
06-04-2008, 11:55 PM
The best season was the one that had the Hank Scorpio Episode. Which probably was the best episode ever. Coming in a close second would be the Homophobia episode. Lisa the Babysitter and the Weed episode also get honorable mentions.

RavesIsBack
06-04-2008, 11:58 PM
haha the Weed episode was one of my favs

I thought the Scorpio episode was solid but the antics of the family in that episode werent great to me, although the Homer/Scorpio antics were great

Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district!
Hank Scorpio: That's right.

Hank Scorpio: Back to the hammocks, my friend. You know, there's a little place called Mary Ann's Hammocks. The nice thing about that place is Mary Ann gets in the hammock with you.
[laughs]
Hank Scorpio: I'm just kidding.
Homer: Oh.

Plus they insult the Denver Broncos which is just awesome; and Canada if I remember correctly (the slow class). haha yea, "i moved here from Canada and they think im slow..eh?"

Homophobia haha all I remember from that episode: bzzzap, bzzzap

DjMattyD
06-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Dude......

Bart is in the "Leg Up" Program......

Bart: So, what you in here for?
Remiedial Child #1: I'm from Canada and everyone thinks I'm slow, eh.
Remiedial Child #2: I fell off the jungle gym and when I woke up I was in here.
Remiedial Child #3: I start fires!

Marge Simpson: Mr. Scorpio, this house is almost too good for us. I keep expecting to get the bum's rush.
Hank Scorpio: We don't have bums in our town, Marge, and if we did they wouldn't rush, they'd be allowed to go at their own pace.

Scorpio: Hey! Look at my feet!
Homer: OK
Scorpio: You like those moccasins? Look in your closet, there's a pair for you. Don't like 'em? Then neither do I! (Throws moccasins out door) Get the hell out of here! Ever see a guy say goodbye to a shoe?
Homer: (Chuckles) Yes, once.

DjMattyD
06-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Homophobia haha all I remember from that episode: bzzzap, bzzzap
Hoot thtuff coming thru...

there's a spark on youuuu!!!

get it off get it offff

Ohhhh be nice!

Homer: You know me, Marge. I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals fa-laming

RavesIsBack
06-05-2008, 12:17 AM
haha I was editing in that Canadian line

Marge wasnt funny in that episode to me

The leg-up program had its moments but Bart wasnt in them (the moments)

Lisa with the chipmunk was pretty good (especially when he blows the dandelion in her face)

Scorpio and Homer were gold, a great episode but I dunno the misery of the family wasnt funny to me.

haha "fl-aming" line was so great in that episode, I can still remember Homer doing his hand motions during that scene

iamfromnewzealand
06-05-2008, 12:27 AM
only pone person really gets me going

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/a/a5/222px-Hans_Moleman.png

"Nobodys gay for Moleman"

"I was saying booo-urns"

RavesIsBack
06-05-2008, 12:28 AM
hahaha "I was saying boooo-urns" is one of my favorite lines that I still use

when people boo or something I say "booo-urns"

iamfromnewzealand
06-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Hans Moleman: Lesbian?! This isn't my army reunion.
Gay man in army clothes: You're coming home with me.
Hans Moleman: Yes, Colonel.

College girl: She's worse than that 80 year old who pretended to be a freshman.
Hans Moleman: I just wanted a place to sit down...

Homer: I thought you were dead
Mother Simpson: I thought you were dead
Gravedigger: Dang Blasted! Isn't anybody in this dad-gummed cemetery dead?
Hans Moleman: (popping out of coffin) I didn't want to make a fuss, but now that you mention it...

RavesIsBack
06-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Moleman is getting killed a lot lately though and its pissing me off

he used to be in for a nice one-liner every few episodes but now he is in and just gets killed

dan.nj
06-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Basically they all fit under the same category for myself... I got into all 3 shows for a while but my love died out after too many seasons. After a while (at least with fg and sp) the shows became repetitive and unoriginal.

Harvey Birdman ftw... short, stupid, funny.

RavesIsBack
06-05-2008, 12:47 AM
"did you get that thing I sent cha?"

*while humping dog
"I'm the alpha male!"

I own all the seasons of Birdman, Frisky Dingo, and the Critic. I want to buy Home Movies some time.

RavesIsBack
06-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Family Guy, The Simpsons, or South Park -- which enduring animated TV show do you prefer most? (Suggested by "Jdchrstnsn")

posted on IMDB as the Daily Poll

ZapBulletRider
06-05-2008, 04:52 AM
nah raves it was definitely shocking for the time. I remember a lot of parents wouldn't let their kids watch it and they talked about it like it was going to be the downfall of TV. It sounds so ridiculous now b/c looking back it doesn't seem shocking at all. I mean back then NO cartoons said "crap", that's just one example.

Idk who my favorite character is, but one of my favorite moments was the episode where bart won an elephant off the radio station and they weren't actually giving him an elephant. So he's standing outside the station jumping up and down to the window going "I want my elephant!" Then it shows Moleman and that grouchy monotone guy sitting listening to jazz on the radio and in the background you can hear "I want my elephant!..... I want my elephant!" and the grouchy sounding old guy goes "I love this song......reminds me of elephants."

something about the way he said that always cracked me up

my favorite Ralph moment is when he thinks Lisa's his girlfriend and they're walking home talking and she says something and he just randomly goes "my cat's breath smells like cat food"

lmcnamara1
06-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Family Guy is a horrible show.
Back in the first and second season it was alright, but now its just poor.

SP it is, but The Simpsons isnt really in the same category.

RexSkimmer
06-05-2008, 07:50 AM
i like all 3

i still think the simpsons are funny, i still laugh at the new episodes. it seems that alot people have just become so used to the simpsons that it looses its shock value. it's the same humor over and over again so people lose intrest in it. when you comapre today's episodes with those of the classic seasons, it's still the same witty story lines and characters. it's just the times have changed so people expect more shocking humor or random non sequitors like in family guy or sout park

Shadow Skimmer
06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Family guy, then the Simpsons, then King of the Hill, and then South Park.

dish
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
people watch king of the hill?

skimcowboy
06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah alot of my friends growing up weren't aloowed to watch Simpsons, which is pretty funny considering we now have shit like this about them:

http://www.krustofski.com/images/book6.png

RavesIsBack
06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
nah raves it was definitely shocking for the time. I remember a lot of parents wouldn't let their kids watch it and they talked about it like it was going to be the downfall of TV. It sounds so ridiculous now b/c looking back it doesn't seem shocking at all. I mean back then NO cartoons said "crap", that's just one example.

Idk who my favorite character is, but one of my favorite moments was the episode where bart won an elephant off the radio station and they weren't actually giving him an elephant. So he's standing outside the station jumping up and down to the window going "I want my elephant!" Then it shows Moleman and that grouchy monotone guy sitting listening to jazz on the radio and in the background you can hear "I want my elephant!..... I want my elephant!" and the grouchy sounding old guy goes "I love this song......reminds me of elephants."

something about the way he said that always cracked me up

my favorite Ralph moment is when he thinks Lisa's his girlfriend and they're walking home talking and she says something and he just randomly goes "my cat's breath smells like cat food"
well my parents never thought it was shocking and would remind me most of the time about Simpsons being on hahaha. It wasnt shocking for me or them, maybe thats why I am so jaded now?

Stampy the Elephant

"You choo-choo-choose me?"

ZapBulletRider
06-05-2008, 01:38 PM
hahah both great episodes

Black Chris
06-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Family guy, then the Simpsons, then King of the Hill, and then South Park.

Are you fucking serious?

ZapBulletRider
06-05-2008, 01:50 PM
let's hope his other 41 posts are less pathetic.

RavesIsBack
06-05-2008, 01:52 PM
hey man King of the Hill is quality, maybe not better than SP but I watch KotH all the time

ZapBulletRider
06-05-2008, 01:55 PM
http://whitmatthews.com/images/fp2.jpg

Black Chris
06-05-2008, 01:56 PM
I cannot stand King of the Hill, I really can't find anything funny about it at all. Its more annoying than it is funny.

Walruz996
06-05-2008, 01:56 PM
King of the Hill is great.

narwhal
06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
KOTH is great.

Quality TV, and personally I rather watch it over the Simpsons.

Black Chris
06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Listen to all you redneck florida fucks sucking Hank Hill's dick.

Shadow Skimmer
06-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Your just jealous you can't fuck Peggy.

RexSkimmer
06-05-2008, 03:18 PM
i watch king of the hill

dish
06-05-2008, 03:36 PM
god dangit bobby

LuckyBuMmRa
06-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Futurama or Aqua teen ftw.

RexSkimmer
06-05-2008, 04:01 PM
futurama is above all these other shows, so it is unfair to compare them

hobo
06-05-2008, 05:10 PM
futurama

RavesIsBack
06-05-2008, 05:28 PM
futurama is not better than these 3 sorry, futurama was better than KotH and a great show to boot, but not as classic as these 3

Black Chris
06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I like the way south park attacks the current events and doesn't hold back one bit. I heard that they've rewritten shows the week they are supposed to air to add in current event jokes.

Derek Makekau
06-05-2008, 06:11 PM
yeah they can add things the night before they air because of the way they animate.

LuckyBuMmRa
06-05-2008, 06:21 PM
futurama is making new episodes and they are good, so yeah, better than all three.

ShockSkim
06-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Family Guy FTW!