PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Skimboard Alert: Great Lakes

unorthadox
07-18-2006, 03:21 PM
this pisses me off huge; my brother's and my skimboards were stolen from our garage in port elgin over the weekend.

boards:
-ms green exile hybrid, lots of stickers and wax, noticeable black ding repair on the bottom.
-l stokes skimboard, pirate/camo pattern on front with pads

please keep an eye out for them if you're near grand bend, port elgin, sauble, southampton, kincardine, etc. these boards are prety distinctive and we know it's kids that did it. having never experienced this but seeing it happen to others i can finally realize how pissed people can become with 'young hoodlums.'

hopefully they have enough common sense and respect to return the boards, but if not then i would like to have a few words with them. this really pisses me off considering how much mike has put into pushing the sport in ontario...fuck.

Iwantazap
07-18-2006, 03:25 PM
know how you feel man. i went to teh beach and my friends met me up their. i went into a surf shop to buy some wax. came back to my car. i had 5 boards in my truck worth a lil over a grand. Turns out the ppl we were meeting opend my truck some how and put them in their van and hid them for like 30 mins while i was talkn to cops! SO Frickn pissed. ended up punching my friend in his face, Do the same when you find them!

solvenskim
07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
dude it sucks i never got mine back..did you file a police report?...if you find him hit them once for me

unorthadox
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
hittin doesn't solve it, and im sure whoever did it isn't scared about that. but jail time is, the combined value is over 1000 and im almost positive that warrants jail time or at the least some time in juvie.

and a police report is being filed, but they won't be able to do much i don't think.

Blanton
07-18-2006, 03:39 PM
My friends and I will keep an eye out on the American side, in case they show up or wash up...

garebear
07-18-2006, 03:39 PM
property theft, even for things like skimboards should be covered under yours or your parents home owners insurance. you should be able to get money for them as long as you filed a police report which it looks like you did :)
get a hold of your insurance provider and make a claim, at least you could get some money to buy back your boards.

solvenskim
07-18-2006, 03:44 PM
property theft, even for things like skimboards should be covered under yours or your parents home owners insurance. you should be able to get money for them as long as you filed a police report which it looks like you did :)
get a hold of your insurance provider and make a claim, at least you could get some money to buy back your boards.

what the cops told me about is that your going to end up paying like 2,000 dollars for the claim just to get 500 dollars thats why i didnt do it

Iwantazap
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
hittin doesn't solve it, and im sure whoever did it isn't scared about that. but jail time is, the combined value is over 1000 and im almost positive that warrants jail time or at the least some time in juvie.

and a police report is being filed, but they won't be able to do much i don't think.

Police wont search the beaches for your board, but if you keep letting other ppl know around your area and lifeguards for instance(giv them a picture or something). If they do find the people who did it and it is 1,000 or more, then Yes...they will face jail time. lots of factors in what will happen though. *backround*

But hitting them sure does make the owner feel happy!

GLS: Mik3
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
basically all i can do is patrol the beaches and contact everyone i know about keeping an eye out. it sucks big balls cause now its going to be tough to find some new boards. fucking douche bags.

solvenskim
07-18-2006, 04:30 PM
i look out for it in florida

Iwantazap
07-18-2006, 05:30 PM
id suggest waiting a few weeks to a month befor buyign a new board.
:SKIMpirate: got his board back within a few weeks i think from posting it on these forums and telling everyoen he new! Good luck!

AerialSkimmerBrad
07-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Good luck on getting the boards back, I cant believe someone would have the nerve to do that.

N.S.Rider
07-18-2006, 07:04 PM
maybe check the internet like ebay or craigslist...lol and dont hit them just makes things worse.

skimnczach
07-18-2006, 09:42 PM
i got NC covered for you, jeff