PDA

View Full Version : Board Review Megathreads

GnipGnop
02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Idea: Start a Thread Called "Zap Comp Reviews" or "Exile Paulo Reviews". One for each size would be too specific? Anyone who owns a board or has used one for a while can write a quick review about it, and eventually a searchable database would be created on the boards. Is there too many types and sizes of boards for this to work? I know there are other sites that do this with equipment. It would be especially good considering finding board reviews can be somewhat tricky. Or do you think that searching the forums now for reviews is sufficient?

Islandboy
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Sounds like a cool idea. Searching for Zap Comps can reveal alot of stuff, but its probably not that effecient. And most results probably come from the show your board thread, or the FS section.

Only thing would be if you made seperate ones for Zap Comp, Zap Egg, would you specify the glass used? Ex: Carbon, E, S?

del-a-where?
02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
just make ones for zap wedges

GnipGnop
02-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I think that the material/ size would be defined in detail in the review of the board within the thread.

Keep it to Brand/Model
then add
-size
-material
-your height
-weight etc.
the more details the better

Anyone who owns the board can start the thread, and then everyone can add on top of that if they have experience with it.

Logan
02-04-2008, 02:41 PM
i use review sites all the time, and i think it should just be the base model (Zap Wedge) Then, in the review, the reviewer should say something along the lines of "I used the 08 Carbon Small, and...." so that not everything is thrown out, but things said about stiffness on the carbon are not taken into account by someone more interested in a S-glass, but things about the shape and weight rec's are.

GnipGnop
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
exactly.
keep the details to the post.

ZapBulletRider
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
one for each size is a bad idea, but board models themselves would be great

I'd say make them stickys but that'd be too many, you'd have to have a separate forum page just to house them, "Board Reviews"... mods could ensure threads meet proper format and everything and maybe sort alphabetically

I like the idea, it would just be hard to keep them from becoming bitchfests

GnipGnop
02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
A lot of forums I go on when I research things have separate Equipment review forums. It would be easy to keep them relatively bitch-fest free if we had a separate section to the forums. In the least it would help keep thing organized and it would also weed out threads that don't have to to with board reviews.

Then again, these aren't my forums and I don't have the means or skills to create my own web page, so I can't expect too much. I can't help but think it would be a slight conflict of interest considering these forums are run by the owner of Exile (not that he has ever dampened the talk about skimboards too much before).

It's not that I'm annoyed by new people asking for board reviews, I just think it would be a nice feature.

Maybe if you do think this is a good idea leave your name on here as a sort of way of letting people know you would like this. Or say why you wouldn't like it. As long as the reviews aren't libelous I couldn't see why.

jerzy_skim_07760
02-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Im all for it, sounds like a great idea

GnipGnop
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Thread Title: REVIEW: (BRAND)+ (MODEL)

Board Brand, Model, Size,
Materials,
Wave skim, Flatland, Hybrid
Score you give it out of 10
Pros
Cons

Length of time you've used the board.
Experience Level (beginner, intermediate, expert etc)

The review. Anything I'm missing?

HandsomeJonneh
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
www.geocities.com

Islandboy
02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
www.geocities.com

hahaha, dick

ZapBulletRider
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
funny jonny
but I think this is actually a legit enough idea to consider.

GnipGnop
02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Geocities?
#1: I'm not 14 years old
#2: I don't listen to Fallout boy
#3: My collection of pink sparkle .gifs is too small