PDA

View Full Version : My Support

txsandskimmer77
12-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I have been thinking alot about my new board and what I want. I have decided a plain white Zap and I want to have a pink breast cancer ribbon artworked onto my board to show my support for breast cancer.

LuckyBuMmRa
12-11-2007, 02:36 PM
okay cool glad you told us what you were thinking about. i'm not saying its not a good cause but who the fuck cares what you get on your board?

txsandskimmer77
12-11-2007, 02:38 PM
okay cool glad you told us what you were thinking about. i'm not saying its not a good cause but who the fuck cares what you get on your board?

Its all about the support man and showing my support. I guess unless you have been there with BC you wouldn't understand the reasons. Its like someone getting a tatoo to support a cause they believe in ya know?

DanTheMan
12-11-2007, 02:40 PM

didn't your mom ever say to you "if you have nothing good to say don't say it all?" quit fucking talking

skimjtown
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
this is the worst waste of a thread i have ever seen!

LuckyBuMmRa
12-11-2007, 02:48 PM
didn't your mom ever say to you "if you have nothing good to say don't say it all?" quit fucking talking

didn't your mom ever tell you to not defend fat lesbians who give bad advice about skimming? and my mom has been dead for a while so thanks.

Khoi
12-11-2007, 02:56 PM
that's nice to know, and I'm sure many people would appreciate it, but I don't think it required a thread.... maybe if you actually did it, then that's another story

hobo
12-11-2007, 02:57 PM
why did you make this thread? what did you want to come out of it?

DanTheMan
12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
im not defending her, i don't like her at all. but maybe a better solution to all of her shitty posts would be ignoring them rather than starting another e-arguement with her, as she seems to enjoy the attention she gets here.

txsandskimmer77
12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
why did you make this thread? what did you want to come out of it?

Because I have seen other threads where ppl talk about their artwork. Its for a good cause and it will be done.

skimmer-x
12-11-2007, 03:31 PM
This thread will have 5 pages. Truth.

vbskimva
12-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Everyone needs to chill. Someone else posted a board thread (http://209.200.225.217/forum/showthread.php?t=15854) and no one flamed him for it. Yeah, tx should've put it in the show your board thread, but cmon, enough is enough.
I love you all.

Eneres
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I think it's a pretty cool idea, you're going to want to probably order it with some text near it saying what its for or else people are going to just take it for a pink ribbon.

Good luck with that.

JoshM.
12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Because I have seen other threads where ppl talk about their artwork. Its for a good cause and it will be done.

Excuse me, sir. I believe there is a thread where you could discuss this where it is more relevant.

.....http://209.200.225.217/forum/showthread.php?t=8

ShockSkim
12-11-2007, 04:39 PM
My support...
http://www.wusacricket.com/jock%20strap.jpg

Nigmo
12-11-2007, 05:15 PM
you should just get an exile with custom art. uve been saving for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnngg time. unless u work at a dollar store u should have enough money. get a crazy custom. like ribbon on the bottom with resin artwork

GnipGnop
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Why do you need to tell the rest of the world that you support breast cancer foundations? isn't supporting it enough?

hobo
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM
because, she/he has made about 5+ threads on what board to get, about 3 months ago. probably he/she has made around 10 board threads.

this one says "yeah so i might be getting that zap wedge i talked about 3 months ago, and ill probably put a breast cancer sticker on it."

other people talking about their artwork mostly dont make 10+ threads, already have the board, or ordered the board and are asking for suggestions.

GnipGnop
12-11-2007, 05:37 PM
HAHAHA, perfect. Plus one.

I love how with drawn she is. Some people post pics of new boards. Some people post pics of new boards with art. Some people post drawings of actual art they would like on their board.

Tx posts what board she is thinking about getting in a colour she thinks she will get, with art that she thinks she will also get on the board.

I think you should have thought some more about posting something this inane.

C A
12-11-2007, 05:40 PM
HAHAHA, perfect. Plus one.

I love how with drawn she is. Some people post pics of new boards. Some people post pics of new boards with art. Some people post drawings of actual art they would like on their board.

Tx posts what board she is thinking about getting in a colour she thinks she will get, with art that she thinks she will also get on the board.

I think you should have thought some more about posting something this inane.

+1 to you GnipGnop

so true...she could have at least drawn up a design or something..

kylebaz
12-11-2007, 05:45 PM
i think you should get a pic of anal cancer on your board.

LMSkim
12-11-2007, 05:50 PM
gross

3rd Coast Skimmer
12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
You guys forgot to put these on before you started in on her.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/3rdCoastSkimmer/pic149708_sized_edited.jpg

txsandskimmer77
12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I am gonna draw up a design. I want to start promoting skimboarding in my area and also promote breast cancer awareness. The Exile is a great idea thanks too but I am going with something simple for right now. Some type of text is a great idea to go with my ribbon thanks. I am going to work on it this weekend and want ya'lls feed back on how the design looks. I appreciate those of you who are actually "nice" to me. I am a woman so its not unusal to change my mind a thousand and one times so come on give me a break.

C A
12-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I am gonna draw up a design. I want to start promoting skimboarding in my area and also promote breast cancer awareness. The Exile is a great idea thanks too but I am going with something simple for right now. Some type of text is a great idea to go with my ribbon thanks. I am going to work on it this weekend and want ya'lls feed back on how the design looks. I appreciate those of you who are actually "nice" to me. I am a woman so its not unusal to change my mind a thousand and one times so come on give me a break.

I'm a woman too, but don't have that problem.

Good luck with the design drawing.

vaca_pupu
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Didn't read all the post to see if anyone said this.. But I don't think your supporting cancer with just a little drawing. Why don't you donate that money to some breast cancer fund? That would prob support it a lot more.

GnipGnop
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm a woman too, but don't have that problem.

Good luck with the design drawing.

Biological determinism never did anything for anyone.
Good on you!

GnipGnop
12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Didn't read all the post to see if anyone said this.. But I don't think your supporting cancer with just a little drawing. Why don't you donate that money to some breast cancer fund? That would prob support it a lot more.

it's not the donation that helps out the foundation, its wearing the little pink ribbon on yourself in the smuggest way possible. Smelling your own farts also lets people know you care.

xghstx
12-11-2007, 07:12 PM
i don't even want to get involved with this so i'll be positive and say the support is needed in any way it can get it. just don't do it because cancer has become trendy. do it because cancer has hit your hard and had a tremendous impact on your life.

GnipGnop
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
i don't even want to get involved with this so i'll be positive and say the support is needed in any way it can get it. just don't do it because cancer has become trendy. do it because cancer has hit your hard and had a tremendous impact on your life.
ding ding ding.
i'm not a fan of ribbons to let others know. thats not the point.

BART
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
how about donating that $50 artwork fee to breast cancer research instead.

GnipGnop
12-11-2007, 07:20 PM
hahaha that makes so much sense it's not even funny. which made me laugh.

dan.nj
12-11-2007, 07:23 PM
amen.

polska
12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
how about donating that $50 artwork fee to breast cancer research instead.

Honestly this is the truth about this. All it will be is a pink ribbon on her board that does absolutely nothing to help fight cancer.

BART
12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
i hate when someone tries to pass off some selfish deed as altruistic. txskimmer you want this ribbon because you want it to reflect something about YOU. i mean, that is what this thread is, isn't it? you telling people about your perceived act of altruism (that hasn't even happened)? thread title: MY support. awww txskimmer is one cool selfless chick!

this thread is bullshit.

CustomKO
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
you have the power

GnipGnop
12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
has anyone seen the southpark about this regarding low emission cars?
golden

txsandskimmer77
12-11-2007, 08:53 PM

It has hit impacted my life that is why I am doing it. More people need to be aware of BC and need to know how serious it really is. A good friend of mine, his mom has BC and he got a pink ribbon tatoo on his forearm to show his support to his mom and BC. If it has not impacted your life then I do not expect anyone to understand. Even girls as young as 16 have died from BC because they did not know they even had it or when they found out...it was to late. The signs are very easy to ignore or to attribute to something else entirely. I had a baseball size tumor in my breast but I was one of the lucky women and it turned out to be benign but that does not mean I am out of the woods. That has scared me enough to learn more about BC and to help others be aware of how serious even just the little things are. This is one thing you guys need not to make fun of no matter how much you dislike me. It is going to be meaningfull artwork and I hope to be able make a lot more people aware of BC.

txsandskimmer77
12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
i hate when someone tries to pass off some selfish deed as altruistic. txskimmer you want this ribbon because you want it to reflect something about YOU. i mean, that is what this thread is, isn't it? you telling people about your perceived act of altruism (that hasn't even happened)? thread title: MY support. awww txskimmer is one cool selfless chick!

this thread is bullshit.

Don't be quick to judge Bart. I was ignorant when it came to BC and I do not want other women to be as ignorant as I was. This is not about me in the least. Its about all men and women who are suffering from BC who might have been able to have something done sooner if they had been more aware of the seriousness of it. You would be suprised at how little people actually know about BC.

JoshM.
12-11-2007, 09:02 PM
It has hit impacted my life that is why I am doing it. More people need to be aware of BC and need to know how serious it really is. A good friend of mine, his mom has BC and he got a pink ribbon tatoo on his forearm to show his support to his mom and BC. If it has not impacted your life then I do not expect anyone to understand. Even girls as young as 16 have died from BC because they did not know they even had it or when they found out...it was to late. The signs are very easy to ignore or to attribute to something else entirely. I had a baseball size tumor in my breast but I was one of the lucky women and it turned out to be benign but that does not mean I am out of the woods. That has scared me enough to learn more about BC and to help others be aware of how serious even just the little things are. This is one thing you guys need not to make fun of no matter how much you dislike me. It is going to be meaningfull artwork and I hope to be able make a lot more people aware of BC.

................I think the 2,00000,000000,0000 pink ribbon stickers on the back of toyota highlanders and 4runners are doing the job quite well in promoting awareness for breast cancer. Thanks for your input.

Now, go home.

3rd Coast Skimmer
12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Maybe I'm dumb, but I thought that the word "cancer" would make anyone know that it is serious.

I'm not trying to knock your thread, but I don't think that people are as ignorant about it as you think.

The "pink ribbon" campaign is all over TV, promoted by politician's wives, pro athelete's wives, movie and TV stars... I mean it is everywhere you look.
There is even a giant billboard on S.P.I.D about it.

Do what you want with your board, I mean showing your support is cool and all, I just don't believe people are ignorant to cancer... of any kind

Eneres
12-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Only one person is capable of exploding a simple thread like this.

Quit feeding the beast. Give her a thumbs up and move on to the next silly commotion.

txsandskimmer77
12-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Maybe I'm dumb, but I thought that the word "cancer" would make anyone know that it is serious.

I'm not trying to knock your thread, but I don't think that people are as ignorant about it as you think.

The "pink ribbon" campaign is all over TV, promoted by politician's wives, pro athelete's wives, movie and TV stars... I mean it is everywhere you look.
There is even a giant billboard on S.P.I.D about it.

Do what you want with your board, I mean showing your support is cool and all, I just don't believe people are ignorant to cancer... of any kind

I didn't either until it hit home. I started to doing research and reading articles and watching news broadcast and I was amazed at the number of women who had no clue how serious breast cancer really was...and those women...were terminal because they were not concerend when they started having problems and waited to long to get check out. That is a very scary thought. Yes it may be all over everywhere but in all actuality...people are still very ignorant when it comes to BC. Do a search for The Silent Killer on videos on youtube. Very scary stuff. More women younger and younger are being diagnosed with BC and that too is a scary thought because cancer is something only "old" people are suppose to get. BC can happen to anyone at any age and not a lot of ppl are actually aware of that.

JoshM.
12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
says you.

txsandskimmer77
12-11-2007, 09:17 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6P5JpnLRFsk The Silent Killer

JoshM.
12-11-2007, 09:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6P5JpnLRFsk The Silent Killer

Yes, because youtube knows all about breast cancer.
It would have been more intelligent to put this:

www.nationalbreastcancer.org

Now please stop posting the same damn things in 2 threads. At least
do us all a favor and kill one off.
You're efforts are positive but,

your annoying.

skimmer-x
12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Page 2 I repeat page 2!!

3rd Coast Skimmer
12-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Page 2 I repeat page 2!!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/3rdCoastSkimmer/chap05_energizer_bunny.jpg

GnipGnop
12-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Page 2 I repeat page 2!!

Hahaha it's not that great of a prediction. It's exam times, people are bored, and why not release some steam on a ignorant lesbian in your spare study break?

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Yes, because youtube knows all about breast cancer.
It would have been more intelligent to put this:

www.nationalbreastcancer.org

Now please stop posting the same damn things in 2 threads. At least
do us all a favor and kill one off.
You're efforts are positive but,

your annoying.

The video was recorded from the News and posted on youtube. I remember seeing that on the news awhile back too.

xghstx
12-12-2007, 11:37 AM
If it has not impacted your life then I do not expect anyone to understand. Even girls as young as 16 have died from BC because they did not know they even had it or when they found out...it was to late.

don't make it sound as if i wouldn't understand. i fully understand as my mom has had breast cancer. she also had a baseball size tumour of cancer removed from her left breast and underwent chemo and radiation. she also, as you now know, has been diagnosed with cervical cancer and is now going to be have a full hysterectomy to go along with her mastectomy. i full understand the impact cancer can have on a person/family, i just wanted to make sure you did before preaching it.

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
don't make it sound as if i wouldn't understand. i fully understand as my mom has had breast cancer. she also had a baseball size tumour of cancer removed from her left breast and underwent chemo and radiation. she also, as you now know, has been diagnosed with cervical cancer and is now going to be have a full hysterectomy to go along with her mastectomy. i full understand the impact cancer can have on a person/family, i just wanted to make sure you did before preaching it.

No its cool man I know you would understand bc your living through it right now. My tumor was also baseball size. I just want others to be aware of how serious it is you know? More women would catch BC in time if they knew more about it, like with IBC. What type of BC did your mom have if it's okay to ask. Thanks for understanding too.

Seanaldinho10
12-12-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/images/ency/fullsize/17085.jpg

should put that on your board

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/images/ency/fullsize/17085.jpg

should put that on your board

Thats not funny.

Seanaldinho10
12-12-2007, 12:58 PM
i wasnt trying to be

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 01:01 PM
i wasnt trying to be

Ok then because this not something to be made fun of.

Seanaldinho10
12-12-2007, 01:03 PM
jeez you get so serious and make it sound like your the only one with breast cancer, my grandmother had it too and she died from it

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 01:07 PM
jeez you get so serious and make it sound like your the only one with breast cancer, my grandmother had it too and she died from it

I am sorry about your grandmother. I thought you were being like most everyone else on here and trying to make off the wall picture comments or something...so I appologize.

Seanaldinho10
12-12-2007, 01:10 PM
well i posted that because if somebody that you were skimming with saw theyd be like oh shit, i gotta go get my mammogram

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 01:11 PM
well i posted that because if somebody that you were skimming with saw theyd be like oh shit, i gotta go get my mammogram

LOL that shit actually hurts somewhat to have a mamo done...not fun at all.

GnipGnop
12-12-2007, 01:28 PM
TX you don't have the right to decide what people find funny and not funny. I found the mammogram picture funny because it is out of context on a skimboard. It's not a crack at cancer, it's a crack at an out of context picture.
Grow the fuck up.

Also, the fact that your worried about broadcasting what you are trying to do instead of doing something to actually help the cause shows you have your priorities mixed up.

polska
12-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I didn't either until it hit home. I started to doing research and reading articles and watching news broadcast and I was amazed at the number of women who had no clue how serious breast cancer really was...and those women...were terminal because they were not concerend when they started having problems and waited to long to get check out. That is a very scary thought. Yes it may be all over everywhere but in all actuality...people are still very ignorant when it comes to BC. Do a search for The Silent Killer on videos on youtube. Very scary stuff. More women younger and younger are being diagnosed with BC and that too is a scary thought because cancer is something only "old" people are suppose to get. BC can happen to anyone at any age and not a lot of ppl are actually aware of that.

You're trying to spread the word of breast cancer to woman when you're posting on a skimboarding website that is mostly made up of men.

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
You're trying to spread the word of breast cancer to woman when you're posting on a skimboarding website that is mostly made up of men.

I didn't intend for the threads to generate this much feedback but its good for men to know about BC too because they too can get BC.

Davey
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
cause this one time i was at this breast cancer seminar, and i decided to bring up the topic of skimboarding....and....they thought i was a retard or something.....wierd huh?!

.........oh shit! i feel a lump!!

hobo
12-12-2007, 04:26 PM
you realize that no one will look at the sticker. your size would attract the attention, and most likely block it out. After noticing that you are in fact a girl, and not a man, they will start regurgitating (sp?), thus the eyes going downward.

in short, sticker will not be noticed.

JoshM.
12-12-2007, 04:29 PM
This now belongs in the off topic section. There is no more relevance to skimming or anything skim-related.

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 04:30 PM
you realize that no one will look at the sticker. your size would attract the attention, and most likely block it out. After noticing that you are in fact a girl, and not a man, they will start regurgitating (sp?), thus the eyes going downward.

in short, sticker will not be noticed.

Its board artwork not a sticker. Artwork that takes up the whole top of the board. Would be kinda hard to miss.

hobo
12-12-2007, 04:32 PM
not really with you in the way...

like bart said what does more, 30+ dollars so you can have artwork on your board, or $30+ that you know will go to research or help someone with breast cancer.

samcollett
12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
how many threads are discussing breast cancer and your board art? can we make a breast cancer sub-forum? or maybe a txskimmer sub-forum? i'm not hating on your cause. my grandma died of breastcancer and it sucks. however, you need to be realistic about this shit. you're offering 100 dollars for a board design you could simply do yourself with photoshop and a little time, and then donate that money to a fund that would actually do some good with it. having a giant red ribbon on your board isn't going to do much. you know how many things use red ribbons for their slogans? you might as well be fighting the anti-drug war.

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
how many threads are discussing breast cancer and your board art? can we make a breast cancer sub-forum? or maybe a txskimmer sub-forum? i'm not hating on your cause. my grandma died of breastcancer and it sucks. however, you need to be realistic about this shit. you're offering 100 dollars for a board design you could simply do yourself with photoshop and a little time, and then donate that money to a fund that would actually do some good with it. having a giant red ribbon on your board isn't going to do much. you know how many things use red ribbons for their slogans? you might as well be fighting the anti-drug war.

I have only seen the pink ribbon used for BC. Why pay someone else? because I am computer illerate when it comes to stuff like that lol. I am sorry I did not realize I had created three of the same threads so give me a break. Like I said when I am passionate bout something I tend to get get carried away and i appologize for the triple threads already.

ShockSkim
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I have only seen the pink ribbon used for BC. Why pay someone else? because I am computer illerate when it comes to stuff like that lol. I am sorry I did not realize I had created three of the same threads so give me a break. Like I said when I am passionate bout something I tend to get get carried away and i appologize for the triple threads already.

you are contradicting yourself; you say you didn't realize, but yet you apologized for it already?

mikal calvino
12-12-2007, 05:36 PM

wikipedia: Passion can also be used to refer to various forms of emotional suffering.

...someone found a mirror

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
you are contradicting yourself; you say you didn't realize, but yet you apologized for it already?

Because it was pointed out to me so I appologized for it.

ShockSkim
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
yeah, but you apologized already meaning that you apologized in the past, but then you just said you didnt realize that you made 3 threads about the same thing.

txsandskimmer77
12-12-2007, 05:58 PM
yeah, but you apologized already meaning that you apologized in the past, but then you just said you didnt realize that you made 3 threads about the same thing.

I used the term already sarcasticaly as in "all right already"

ShockSkim
12-12-2007, 06:02 PM
mhm, im sure did.

skimmer-x
12-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Page 3!!!! I repeat page 3!!!!

SinneD
12-12-2007, 08:37 PM

lol

3rd Coast Skimmer
12-12-2007, 09:50 PM

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd49/3rdCoastSkimmer/chap05_energizer_bunny.jpg

xghstx
12-13-2007, 09:01 AM
i bet tx would just shut up if everyone else on this forum wasn't digging so much. someone new always come in here and stirs the pot a little more.

GnipGnop
12-13-2007, 10:07 AM
i bet tx would just shut up if everyone else on this forum wasn't digging so much. someone new always come in here and stirs the pot a little more.

I can't skim there's too much snow. And I don't own a snowboard. And I'm stuck in St. Catharines.

xghstx
12-13-2007, 10:53 AM
you i can understand... ontario sucks right now.