PDA

View Full Version : drop

UmmmmIdk
05-25-2007, 06:17 PM
i am having a problem keeping speed with my drop, i run full speed then when i hit the water i just basically stop. is there anything i can do to not stop?

here is a link of my drop
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ROOmgCWh1I

Duffskim
05-25-2007, 06:22 PM
pay close attention to where you put your feet on the board. it appears to me that you may have to much weight in the back. that digs the tail in the sand slowing you down. i need to work on my drop as well,

SolvenCarlos
05-25-2007, 06:25 PM
You got down kinda, keep working on it.

skimfit
05-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Also, it looks like you kinda take really quick little steps right before you drop the board. Almost like how Fred Flinstone bowls, he twinkle toes. Try to keep running and not stopping up by twinkle toeing I will call it hehe.

Chrith
05-25-2007, 06:35 PM
try not to studder step

unquestionable
05-25-2007, 06:36 PM
run onto the board and try to put the front foot on first in the middle of the board. you sink and that should keep you afloat more.

RexSkimmer
05-25-2007, 06:53 PM
yeah you're not running on with full strides and your foot placement seems to be off balance

Jim Gordon
05-25-2007, 06:53 PM
What it looks like to me is, when you hit the white water your going thought it, not over it, your board may not have enough rocker, or you may need to unweight your front foot so your not plowing through the white water or drop it right after the white water. You have ok speed, and your one step looks good. You just need to get passed the white water is what I think.

joemotocross06
05-25-2007, 07:28 PM
run onto the board and try to put the front foot on first in the middle of the board. you sink and that should keep you afloat more.

whats wrong with back foot.. i run full speed and one-step back foot first and i dont have any probs

Mapdash
05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
your actual drop and getting on the board look fine. In that video you sank becuase you pearled right into some white water. My advice would be to go at more of an angle into the water and time the waves better. Idealy you want to head out on water that is coming in. It is hard to explain....but once you do it you will see.

nasolovesyou
05-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Run faster! You may think you're running as fast as you can, but your small quick steps are keeping you from going faster. Just keep getting used to your drop, until you can take long strides and really run as fast as you can, and run onto the board like it's nothing. Also, try to land your back foot in the middle of the board first, and then move it back right before you get to the wave.

skimfit
05-25-2007, 08:12 PM

I used to get on front foot first no stepping and I did fine, but I taught myself to get on back foot first and my speed GREATLY increased. So, if you get on with your front foot VERY light and smooth I could see how it would work, but getting on back foot first is a lot better in my opinion.

Blak_skimmer220
05-25-2007, 08:41 PM
i can't do backfoot in deeper than wetsand...as soon as i step on the back the board just points up and i almost fall foward. idk maybe im not running fast enough but i like my new front foot first no step. very fun in my opinion.

PINKmachine
05-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Keep practicing and get more confident getting on the board with full strides and in control. Other then that looked good, try to pick your waves better too. Its takes a awhile to learn when to go and when not go, but after alittle bit you'll get it.