05-17-2006 until 06-17-2020
Message Board Rules
To keep this forum clean, usable, and helpful to others a set of rules have been put together that we ask all forum members to comply to: -
Skim Specific Rules
• No board building discussion. This includes discussion about both board building techniques and materials. Repetition of materials information publicly available from the manufacturer is allowed. Go Here To Read About Why This Rule Exists
• No complaining about something that is wrong with your board. If you have a problem with your board contact the manufacturer or the shop you bought it from Take care to follow the manufacturers warranty/claim instructions. This is not the place to tell the world that your board just broke or delamed or whatever. Discussion about historical experiences with boards is allowed. Discussion about dings due to impact or wear is allowed.
• No posting links to copyrighted skim content illegally distributed on the internet. Violaters will be banned immediately. No warnings. Asking for the link to be reposted will also get you banned. We have ZERO tolerance for people trying to rip off skimboarders.
• No posting of wave conditions at spots that have focussed takeoff zones and are rarely good. This will normally include point break and sidewash spots. If you catch a spot like this good, keep it to yourself until long after its not good anymore. If you want to catch it good, check it out often and make some friends at the beach who you can call, email or private message for updates. Posting such information for ALL to see, while the spot is working, is a net negative for skimboarding. Show respect to the locals and don't be a kook.
• Persons affiliated with companies through ownership, employment, sponsorship or other economic benefit must meet a higher standard of scrutiny in regards to the "no advertising" rule. Such persons may not initiate discussion about the companies they represent. In responding to a non-affiliated query about a given company, the users affiliation must be fully disclosed in their signature as outlined below. Person's affiliated with a company may not have the name of that company included as part of their username, without consent from the administrator of these forums. Such users are encouraged to use their real names as user names.
• Post in the right forum! You may have your post deleted if you post in the wrong forum!
• Use descriptive Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read. Topics with bad Topic subjects maybe deleted!
• Research your Post! Make sure you are not double posting, search the forum first most questions have been answered dozens of time before (Especially Brinkster users!)
• No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to annoy people.
• Personal Attacks. Criticise ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated. This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.
• No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. This includes suggestive images, graphics, and comments.
• Do not post links to warez, warez sites or sites with pornographic or objectionable content. Only link to sites that are for family viewing only.
• Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.
• Each forum member may have only one account.
• Do not use objectionable language.
• Do not dig up old threads. If you want to continue an old discussion (older than 1 month), create a new thread and reference the old one in your post.
• NO Blatant Advertising. This forum is not free advertising space.
• NO Spamming. No commercial posts or flooding the forum with useless content.
• Message content. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages.
• No Cap Locks. Please do not post messages with the subject or post all in capital letters, or your message will be deleted. Words all in capitals are not only annoying but are read 50% slower than normal writing.
• Signatures will be no longer than 3 lines
• Signatures may contain a link to your personal site or sites that maybe of use to other members. No company links if you are associated with that company in any way. No Blatant advertising!
• Signatures are expected to follow the same guidelines as posts.
• Users who are affiliated with skimboarding related companies through ownership, employment, sponsorship or other economic incentive must disclose their relationship in their signature, including their real name (if it is not their username), the company, and their position or relationship to that company. No links to these companies are allowed in the signature. No other information is allowed in these user's signatures.
If you are found breaking any of the rules you may have your account deleted immediately. There will be no warnings given!
SkimOnline.com - Owner
Exile Skimboards - Owner
United Skim Tour - Director & President